Feature request / Bug report

Remove the big blue "Share" button

You have absolutely no control over the choice of menu design, forced to look at a big blue “share” button, a feedback button and a question mark. When operating in half screen the frequently used menu items I have chosen are hidden, because you think I want to share, learn or send feedback. Give me the ability to remove and take charge of my workspace environment.

132 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

carolyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the "SHARE" button optional, as well as any function that takes space in the tool bar

• Dave Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe, what were you thinking with this big, blue, awful Share button? You should be ashamed of yourselves implementing a feature in this way with no option of shutting it off.
        Real estate on my laptop screen is very valuable, and by wasting all this space you are showing that you're not interested in helping me do my work. The only thing this has accomplished is to get me to try PDF Expert. You should AT LEAST allow me to shut it off by letting me un-check a box in Preferences.

• Rod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And stop the popups related to the Share button, such as “Try Adobe Scan app,” blah, blah, blah. Advertisements and distractions within PAID software are completely inappropriate.

In addition to being a poorly designed menu feature that wastes too much valuable menu bar space, the BBSB is redundant with the send file button (they both lead to the exact same functionality).

I work with documents. Not sharing and feeding back. Please let me hide this big eyesore.

• Danny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...and after printing something, the share button had a little annoying pop up asking me to share ****. Tools shifted left and I lost a third tool with a big gap to the right between the last tool and the share button.

And there's unused space to the left of the bar. shift the contents and I might get those two tools back.

Don't use the feature in my workflow and it covers two commonly used buttons - can't move them because the bar is filled with commonly used buttons.

• Ryan J. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Big Blue Share Button is the most hated change to Acrobat in 2018. It needs to be Removed, or at least Removable. There are two problems with the BBSB, as colorfully demonstrated in the attached image.

1. The BBSB takes up space that should be used for the custom toolbar. At least 4 more tools, plus the "..." expandable menu could be visible in Image A (compared with B).

2. The BBSB acts as though it was not meant to be part of the toolbar. Although unclear in Image A when the toolbar is Left Aligned, it is clear in Image B when the toolbar is Center Aligned that the BBSB is not recognized by the tools, which disappear behind the BBSB.

3. Regardless of the BBSB, there should be an option to keep the entire toolbar in Left Alignment, rather than dynamically changing to Center Alignment when the program window is widened. Also, the custom toolbar should fill the toolbar until it reaches the end of the window, adding the "..." to the end if needed. As it is now, the "..." is way too early, wasting room for about 4 more custom tools.

We pay a lot of money for your software each year - way more than we used to. And this BBSB is not look a Feature any user wanted (I seriously doubt someone made a Request for it in these forums). To be honest, it looks like the BBSB was added to Promote the use of the Share function, so users invite others have to subscribe to a version that allows them to utilize the editing and other functions. Marketing. That's what it looks like.

When the non-customizable BBSB (that nobody wants) reduces and obstructs the custom toolbar that paying users greatly value and want, you should make up for it's unwanted existence by (1) Removing the BBSB or making it Removable, (2) Adding an option to keep the toolbar in Left Alignment rather than dynamically going to Center Alignment, and (3) Increasing the usable toolbar space so tools fill all the white space available (until all tools are visible or the "..." is next to the right side of the window). See Image E for example of how far the toolbar should extend to fill the available space.

• Renee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of the users here. I do not use or need the Share button or the feedback button. I would prefer to use my toolbar to utilize the tools that I need for work, and have the option to customize everything to that end. The new layout is extremely annoying and is slowing my production by having to hunt for tools that used to be readily available.

Reply to Anurag Gupta: The problem is, as you can see from the comments, unless you are a very large company, sharing and signatures arent a part of our day. Its a great feature for those that need it, but it should be a feature you can enable or disable as you want, not forced on users who have no use for it... Not to mention it disabled emailing pdf's from Internet Explorer...What's with that?

Reply to Anurag Gupta: I am sure that Adobe is sincere in focusing on sharing documents. However, in doing so you have ticked off those users who do not need, use, or want these features. I have spent a lot of time disabling sharing and cloud features in Creative Suite CC. I hope that Adobe will still allow users the ability to turn off features that they do not wish to use.

• AdminAnurag Gupta (Admin, Adobe) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your feedback. One of our key focus of our release is to help Acrobat and Document cloud users collaborate on documents specifically to share and get feedback or signatures. With that end, we introduced the Share button on the top bar that opens the new Share pane experience to share documents for view and review. We wanted this to be easily available to our users when they need to share PDFs. However, we understand that for some users especially who are heavy users of Quick tools this might lead to a few more tools being pushed to an overflow menu. We will work towards addressing that in our upcoming release

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with everyone here, this SHARE Button needs to be something that can be removed, and the animation pointing to it needs to stop!

• Bob Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return customization control to the user as to what is seen and what is unseen.

← Previous 1 3
      Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base