Feature request / Bug report

FIt One Full Page

For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

50 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very frustrated with this too, but I found a fix. Go to Edit>Preferences>Categories:>Page Display>Default Layout and Zoom, and then set "Page Layout" to "Single Page" and also set "Zoom" to "Fit Page" it should make "Fit One Full Page" the default when you open a PDF.

I also am very frustrated by the need to use multiple clicks to switch between "Fit to Width Scrolling" and "Fit One Full Page" scrolling. I am used to having two separate buttons, which I used frequently to go back and forth between the two views. Now I have a new version of Adobe Acrobat (2019.012.20034), in which I have to do two clicks instead of one every time I want to switch between the two views.

Please change back to the two-button format!

I agree that the fit one full page button is required, but also, the "fit to width and enable scrolling" button. These are the only page size buttons I ever use. First Adobe disabled them and they needed to be chosen. Now, they are combined into the drop down requiring an extra click to access. UNACCEPTABLE and very annoying!

I just found that there's an option to "Move page controls out of toolbar". It's a symbol that looks like a small rectangle with a down arrow. If you press that it moves the different view options to the bottom and gives you an option to select "Fit to One Page" by only clicking once. I found this helpful so hopefully it helps someone else as well. :)

• Ernie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try CTRL-0 , Ctrl-minus sign and Ctrl-equal sign on the keyboard.

I hate taking my hand off the mouse to use a keyboard shortcut, but it seems to be the only way to get around the loss of functionality of the separate zoom buttons. I have three big monitors so that I don't have to hide toolbars.

WTF Adobe?

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And where can we say that we agree with a comment. The only option we get is to flag an idea as inappropriate. Aren't you interested in how many of us support a comment?

This has been a major headache for me as well. Adobe get your act together. I have been a big proponent of your products for a long time, but the last year or two has been nothing but disappointment for everything from software upgrades to customer support. Bluebeam hear I come...

• Paul Jostworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Fit One Page" function needs to be added as a Quick Tool shortcut. Currently I have to access it from a drop down on the quick tools bar then select it. Becomes a 2 step process every time. I have software version 2019.010.20069

• Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of the dropdown menu and make the buttons separate like before. Adding an extra click was pretty bad.

• Farrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to get the full page view button back too, but now once it is on full page view, I can't get it back to the scroll view. It is locked in place. VERY frustrating.

• Nate Stelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please bring back the button! I deal with many large documents each day. (What's this "Blue Beam"? Maybe I should look into it.)

• Nate Stelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, fit to page should be 1 click. At least offer it as a default config for those of us who rarely or never read Read Mode or fit-to-width.

• andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone needs to get it together over at Adobe. Why are we increasing clicks??

• Brad Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute design revision recall must!! Whoever thought to combine these buttons on the Acrobat design team obviously does not use Acrobat.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed re this very issue, until the most recent upgrade full page used to be one click, now it's more. I don't understand why software re-designers find it necessary to convert one-click operations to multi-click, this is pervasive throughout much software re-development. Do the re-designers not actually use the stuff they re-design?

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to be one click on my toolbar. Now it's a dropdown. It's LITERALLY the first thing I do when I open a pdf file as I have to scroll through several pages to review scanned documents. Why would you remove the ability to have one-click navigation?

The full page button used to do just that. full page in one click. please bring it back!! now it opens a drop down where you have to choose, adding an extra click. Horrible idea!!!!

← Previous 1
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base