Feature request / Bug report

FIt One Full Page

For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

31 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Jostworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Fit One Page" function needs to be added as a Quick Tool shortcut. Currently I have to access it from a drop down on the quick tools bar then select it. Becomes a 2 step process every time. I have software version 2019.010.20069

• Abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please get rid of the dropdown menu and make the buttons separate like before. Adding an extra click was pretty bad.

• Farrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to get the full page view button back too, but now once it is on full page view, I can't get it back to the scroll view. It is locked in place. VERY frustrating.

• Nate Stelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please bring back the button! I deal with many large documents each day. (What's this "Blue Beam"? Maybe I should look into it.)

• Nate Stelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, fit to page should be 1 click. At least offer it as a default config for those of us who rarely or never read Read Mode or fit-to-width.

• andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone needs to get it together over at Adobe. Why are we increasing clicks??

• Brad Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute design revision recall must!! Whoever thought to combine these buttons on the Acrobat design team obviously does not use Acrobat.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed re this very issue, until the most recent upgrade full page used to be one click, now it's more. I don't understand why software re-designers find it necessary to convert one-click operations to multi-click, this is pervasive throughout much software re-development. Do the re-designers not actually use the stuff they re-design?

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to be one click on my toolbar. Now it's a dropdown. It's LITERALLY the first thing I do when I open a pdf file as I have to scroll through several pages to review scanned documents. Why would you remove the ability to have one-click navigation?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The full page button used to do just that. full page in one click. please bring it back!! now it opens a drop down where you have to choose, adding an extra click. Horrible idea!!!!

Why do i have to click twice to fit to one page?? There used to be a button and now you have to hit the dropdown first. Come on Adobe, you're better than this, we're going backwards here!

• James Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Fit to Width Scrolling' and "Fit One Full Page" are only visible as a single button with drop down menu, and only if you reset the toolbar. In the prior version they were two separate buttons. This needs to be brought back. I am discontinuing my subscription, uninstalling the current version of acrobat, and searching for the previous version to install.

• Eleanor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I did actually manage to get it back by resetting the toolbar but it’s not an option to add in and should get fixed.

• Vern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Count me in on the 'I WANT THIS BACK" lobby. I use it many, MANY times a day.

• Jay Seastrunk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Fit One Full Page" button is vitally important when reviewing pdf documents that have hundreds of pages - the navigation of stationary pages advancing in the same place vs scrolling is tremendously more efficient! Please add this button back now - in the mean time I have to use Blue Beam Exclusively to read these documents

Can we also bring back the separate view styles (fit to width, fit a page, etc) instead of burying them in a submenu as well? Hiding useful navigation is not good UI/UX.

• Tanner Shelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used this tool probably 100 times a day and now it is gone. It has made preflight more difficult. I agree, we need this added back to the toolbar!

• Eleanor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant find how to add the fit full page button to my toolbar- only fit width and actual size are options. Incredibly frustrating!

Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base