Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1214 results found

1. When I review a downloaded file or make changes to a document and go to save the file I get a blank "Save as PDF" window that never completes loading. If I use [ctrl][s] to save the file I get a message that I don't have write privileges for the document. The program worked fine until yesterday.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I use the split PDF, I select split by "Top level bookmarks" and "The same Folder Selected at Start" for "Target Folder" and "Use bookmark names for file names" under "File Labeling" under "Output Options". Then I click "Ok" and click on "Split".

I receive an error message that says "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

However, the file is NOT ready-only and no one else has the file open because it's saved in a local folder on my computer's…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I teach science and need to be able to easily add subscripts and superscripts as I grade students' PDFs. Could you please add subscript and superscript options to the Comment Toolbar?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have a 25 page document, which I need to change calculations in over 60 fields. I need to be able to print the form while in Edit mode with the field names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I am typing in a text box, I am only able to enter one character before it won't let me enter anything else. To continue typing, I have to click out of the text box and back into it. Even then it will only let me type one character before I have to repeat the process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a 40-page InDesign document with 2 sections and I'm using a different section prefix for both. I export the full document as PDF and clone it, then I just delete the 20 unwanted section/pages from each. However, upon deleting the continuous pages, for some reason it leaves the last page undeleted and gives an error saying "One or more pages are in use and could not be deleted". This has never happened before. Of course I have to click on the page's thumbnails to select them for deletion. It looks like a very annoying bug.

I've uploaded the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. 비디오 추가 후 블랙화면
      비디오 추가 시 <미디어에서 포스터 검색>으로 설정하였음에도 영상 첫 장면이 아닌, 블랙화면으로 제시됨

2. 영상 종료 후 2차 재생 불가
      영상이 끝까지 재생되어 종료되고 난 후, 재생버튼이 나타나지 않아 영상을 다시 볼 수 없음

3. 버튼 추가 시 미디어재생 동작을 선택할 수 없음
      2번의 문제를 해결하고자 재생/정지 버튼을 추가 하려 했을 때, 동작선택을 <미디어재생(Acrobat 5 호환)>이나 <미디어재생(Acrobat 6 이상 호환)>을 선택하면 아래와 같은 알럿창이 뜸
      "이 페이지에서 선택할 수 있는 Acrobat 5/Acrobat 6 이상 호환 미디어가 없으므로 동작을 만들 수 없습니다."

4. 버튼이 동작하지 않음
      재생/정지 버튼의 동작을 <멀티미디어 작업(Acrobat 9이상)>으로 선택하고 추가했으나, 버튼이 동작하지 않음

5. 영상을 삽입하여 만든…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Software language recognition supports a handful of languages and for example does not support Persian language, does not even recognize some advanced mathematics symbols and has difficulty displaying or editing; In addition, the internal converter of Adobe Acrobat Pro software has important and serious shortcomings, especially by converting PDF to Word without any problems.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add a nudge amount option for the Edit PDF tool like in Indesign or Illustrator. I am trying to align images to a fold but the current amount is too much. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Splitting documents by specific range of pages.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When we have huge PDFs, we sometimes need to split the documents in multiple PDFs.

As splitting document with Adobe doesn’t work when you want to split based on specific page numbers, we intended to use extract pages. BUT with adobe, extracting pages does not carry over the bookmarks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Every time I edit a document and then choose to "save as" I just get a blank screen. I have to shut down my entire system and turn back on and it sometimes works, sometimes not!! This is clearly a bug in your system looking at the amount of times it has been reported.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A full-featured drawing tool added to the Edit feature in Abobe Acrobat DC to add lines, boxes, etc would be extremely helpful tool

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Update on Acrobat Pro, version 2021.007.20091 now does not display selections made by Pitstop Pro.
    No options on either software has changed, selections are still made and information about the selections shows on the Inspector window, full functionality of Pitstop Pro remains, however Acrobat will not visually display the highlighted items.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to manipulate and edit the text in the text boxes is SOOOOO hard, I apply changes and they never take, I attempted to click on a current location on the text box and the box is not active by the time I attempt to type. I am to the point I have to RE-TYPE THE ENTIRE TEXT BOX JUST TO CORRECT OR ADD ONE THING. I don to think it should be so hard to do this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I'm working everyday with thousands of PDF files for our repository www.ceeol.com. To maintain my overview in WINDOWS-Explorer, quite often I have to change the file names of the PDF-filess. For example, if I've downloaded 100 PDF-documents from a web page, which are a series of numbered documents, then I want to include the numbering in the file name. To do this, I have to open the files, read the number in the document, close the file again and then rename it accordingly.
    PROBLEM:
    Renaming is not possible because ADOBE-Acrobat does not release the file, even if I close…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This expensive piece of software really is often total garbage. Gone through redacting information from 52 pages, applied it and the thing spazzes out and puts black lines everywhere that wasn't even selected.

What the ****?

Thought, ah, must just be something tricky with the PDF so I printed to PDF to flatten it, did it again and it just got worse!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please, please, please make it so that I can split a pdf into individual pages and retain each individual page's thumbnail name! I do not want 100 pages named the same thing and just numbered 1-100. This would be so helpful in construction/architecture/engineering. The thumbnails are usually all named exactly what I need all the individual pages to be. Instead, I have to split document and then go back and rename them all to match thumbnails again. Would be such a time saver since it is already done by architects releasing the document!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. cant see the selection cube when selecting items or text, here a link to a video that illustrate the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ky2zwbP8wk
    the version is: 21.007.20091
    please help i cant work like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "Apply Redaction" breaks Acrobat DC (latest version)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?