Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Hi Team

To whomever may be competent to solve the problem....

There are several incomprehensible bugs with accessibility in Acrobat.

1. We can't create multiple tags in Tags pannel. Please create option for creating multiple tags just like when we create forms there is an option for do you want to create multiple forms. Screenshot pdf attached for your reference.
    2. We cannot delete Tag ID under Object properties at once. Some time its client requirement that they dont want ID, IDs come when we autotag the document.
    3. While working on a big files and creating tags, tags wont come in sequence,…
    9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi
    During autotag in acrobat Pro DC "ID" we created automatic if we no need these ID, we can't delete these "ID" from all in one click. We need option to removed all "ID" in click for all tag or give the option during autotag so that "ID" will not create.

If you give option in upcoming Acrobat Pro DC version, our time not waste to deleted "ID" manually one by one tag select.

Thanks
    Mukesh

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi
    During Autotag Document Acrobat DC create "ID" for all tag, sometimes client requirement to deleted these "ID" but no option in DC to delete all tag "ID" in once click, We have deleted "ID" from properties one by one tag select. This is time taking. Please give option in upcoming DC so we can deleted "ID" easily.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When you manually check something like navigation links and click pass manually in the accessibility checker, it reverts back to needs manual check when you reopen the saved pdf. What is the point of allowing a manual check if you can't make it stick in the checker report?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hello,

To whomever may be competent to solve the problem....

There are several incomprehensible bugs with accessibility in Acrobat. Many tags are not correctly created, even if the link has been created directly from acrobat.

Links give problems of "tagged annotations - incorrect", recursively.

Problems with the establishment of the reading order, when the programme wants to, it does not tag correctly, those declared as artefacts do not disappear from the reading order, you try to remove a reading order from the structure and it does not do it, you try to mark it as another type of element and…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Each time the document is saved, the tag list collapses, losing the spot in the tag list. I also don't understand why multiple tags being highlighted means Properties is no longer available. It wasn't like that before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would welcome efforts by Adobe, including coordination with Nuance, to fully integrate Dragon Naturally Speaking into Adobe Acrobat DC. In trying to fill out editable forms in DC, it does not take my dictation directly into the space provided in the form. It requires me to use the Dragon Dictation Box, which is slow and cumbersome. This improvement would be greatly appreciated by disabled people such as me who have to rely on voice recognition to use their computers fully. I was able to dictate directly into this Comment Box. Thank you for considering my Feature Request.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Once a field perimeter is established, occasionally you have to re-draw the box to capture the text that you are tagging (can be 10+ attempts).

The feature request is to make the blue perimeter box resizable by adding a handle to the box allowing the user to resize the blue box, as you would if you were resizing a window pane on a windows desktop environment.

This allows us to add to the existing tag data rather than reparsing the desired text field.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Problem Description: While remediating document for accessibility in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Visual Tags that are assigned can sometimes be stacked or overlayered (<P>, <H1>, <TOC>, etc.) on top of the tagged text. This makes it difficult to ISOLATE AND KNOW the layered tag that you would like to right-click on the output display.

Steps to Reproduce: //Open a Table of Contents in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC/ Open Accessibility Checker and check document/ Click on Tags Icon in Accessibility Menu/ Click on Reading Order/ go to body of document/ Identify tags that look like they are overlayered on top of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Why can't I change the speed of the Read aloud just because I am dyslexic does not mean that I need to have have the material read so slowly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Please follow the below steps to change the speed of Read Out Loud:
    1. Go to Preferences. (Ctrl + K)
    2. Go to Reading in Left hand navigation bar
    3. Under Read Out Loud Options heading, Uncheck Use default speech attributes and enter the speed in Words per minute field between 50 to 450.
    4. Click Ok and use Read Out Loud

Similarly you can change other attributes as well. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. These options can allow for a smoother reading experience. Also, a good chunk of the population has neck and shoulder issues, and autoscrolling allows one to read without constantly having one arm curled forward on the mouse or keyboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If you are looking at a text you should be able to highlight a part of the text it should send you to the website that they got the idea from. While your writing a text instead of putting in a bibliography you should highlight your text and reference it there.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When performing Acrobat remediation on Indesign publications containing correct export tagging, the Acrobat Reading Order tool shows "P" tags at the end of each line of text (as well as additional "P" tags in the middle of lines). The Acrobat Tags panel shows no paragraph tags -- just broken up lines of text.

Fortunately, these broken up lines are not reproduced as such by the screen reader. So why does Acrobat identify each line of text with a "P" in the first place?

This issue needs to be fixed as it creates a dilemma and lot of unnecessary remediation work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked it on my side and this is because Indesign create tags in such a way that it contains multiple line text. The Reading Order tool shows the separate container due to multi line text. It can be seen as single if you check “Display like elements in single block” checkbox.

For the multiline text, the issue will be fixed from Indesign side.

Please tell me if I can help you with anything else.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. Text in PDFs is too light--much harder to read than in older versions of Acrobat Pro. Zooming in doesn't help. Please restore darker text to make documents legible without eyestrain!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

16. The text reader in MacOS is not a typical screen reader, but it does provide easy, fast access to spoken content from on-screen text. Unfortunately, it does not work with Adobe Acrobat. Ideally, it would speak selected text with a keyboard shortcut, but only reads the document name in Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat screen reader is difficult to use, does not read selected text, and often fails due to pdf accessibility issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Word 365 has an immersive reader where the text is read out loud while panning and highlighting the text being read with options such as WPM adjustment. Trying to use the Read Out Loud function in Adobe Acrobat Reader is painful. It is hard to find, the synthetic voice is unpleasant and disruptive, and overall the accessibility for this feature seems to be the bare minimum. PDF's are the format of choice for scientific papers, which are rather dry reading material. An option to listen, following along while reading would greatly increase the efficacy of this program. I've personally…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand the issue faced by you here. I can help you with some of the functionalities fo ROL.
    1. Finding ROL : It can be found in View Menu → ROL → Activate ROL – > Read the document. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcut also i.e. Ctrl+Shift+Y(activate) then, Ctrl+Shift+V/B (read the document)

2. Secondly to change the voice you can install the voices from the system language setting and they will appear in Adobe Preferences → Reading → Under ROL setting. You can change it as per your convenience. You can also change Speed, Pitch go the ROL as well.

Having said that, we understand that the ROL is not a screen reader but a support given by the Adobe for reading the pdfs. We’re continuously working on this to make it better for our users.

I hope I have resolved the issues faced by you.

18. When we change the reading order in Accessibility of images in a scanned and OCR'd document, the image becomes a grey or white box and no longer shows the image if we move it in the reading order. If you move it back to the original location in the reading order, the grey box disappears. If you save it once the grey box appears, it's permanent. We have tried working with support and they've witnessed the issue happen. The open case may be under cheil@wooster.edu but I don't have the case number handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

19. Have had problem with several files becoming corrupted by using Reflow View. Two things happen:
    1. Some pages get "stuck" in reflow even after closing and reopening the file.

2. The format of some pages changes to Portrait or other design changes occur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rae,
    I checked the details provided by you. There is no issue here. If you open the original file and click on Actual Size in menu, you will see the same exact view that you see after reflow. The view is actually shown in actual size after reflow.
    Keep the view in Zoom to Page Level to see the full page view.

Please confirm if this resolves your concerns.

Thanks
    Rachit

20. Would love for alt text to be part of the searchable text in Acrobat's "Find" function—whether that's alt text that's been added in Acrobat as a tag or has been set up prior in another program (like INDD).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. We have taken you suggestion and we have kept it in our radar. Currently we do not plan to implement it in near future but you may see it coming in future releases.

Thanks
    Rachit

• Don't see your idea?