Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

721 results found

1. Provide option to disable the page controls that are at bottom of page on auto-hide. It blocks document content and is distracting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Over and over waste time downloading and trying to install patch to file C:\config.msi\PT56F8.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no, longer be modified by this patch. This error comes from Adobe Updater, and has occurred repeatedly over the past several months. Nuisance time waster, and BIG interruption of task in progress. Would appreciate correcting sloppy programming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Because of my dyslexia, I would benefit from Adobe reading the text aloud as I scan the words. But it never works! How can I get the “Read Aloud” function to work?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice if there was an "insert blank page" option that could identify the page properties of the document you're working in and insert a blank page with the same properties as the rest of the document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

User confirmed in email that this works [Constance OBrien ]. Marking this issue as resolved.

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reporting a bug - I have Adobe XI Pro on a Macbook Pro using Sierra 10.12.3. The highlighting tool selects text but will not actually impose a color over the selected text. Any ideas?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When creating a pdf from a powerpoint presentation which contains web hyperlinks, the links do not work when the pdf is created.
    Please can you fix this bug - it works on PC but on Mac.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

You can achieve this by converting the PowerPoint presentation from Acrobat via Tools > Create PDF workflow.
    Please ensure that checkbox to Use Acrobat Cloud service is checked while selecting the file.

Thanks
    Tanvi

8. Hi, when I open Acrobat pro DC I get an constant error message. see the attached file.

I already repaired the installation but with no success. what can I do?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For the last two weeks or since the last "visible" Acrobat Pro update, the Comment Set Status flyouts don't show up at all (but sometimes they do). Turning on the check box in the app preferences does not "wake up" the feature (an idea of mine that did not work ...besides, trying to toggle the check box is also dead). I had posted this problem here already (see below) but the Admin, Arvind, marked it "solved" because I told him it was... but it was not.

https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac/suggestions/44150748-set-status-dead-after-latest-update

This issue seems to show up intermittently; sometimes, it resolves itself after relaunching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. These options can allow for a smoother reading experience. Also, a good chunk of the population has neck and shoulder issues, and autoscrolling allows one to read without constantly having one arm curled forward on the mouse or keyboard.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am interested in being able to auto-tag a part of a page, such as a table, for example. Can you let me know where Adobe is in term of implementing the partial auto-tag suggestion. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great to have a function that allows you to scroll left to right - as well as - up and down.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thanks for connecting with us. I have share the request with the management and we do not plan to implement it right now. We have kept it in our radar and will provide the support in near future.

Thanks
    Rachit

13. I am a PhD student and have switched to Adobes pdf viewer because I think it is the best one (google and edge do not offer the same accessibility for mark up etc.) The one thing that I love about google and edge is that you can set them to open the previously viewed document. I read a lot of articles and use the tabs as a sort of reading to-do list. But when I close adobe (or my computer restarts) that list disappears, I have to either remember them or go to the recently opened files to open them…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you, I believe the issue is resolved on your side.
    Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

14. Read out loud to end or read this page only: The ability to start from anywhere (make option available using right+click from selected area of the document). It's maddening to have to listen to the document over and over and over and over and over and over and over... when troubleshooting order errors. TIA

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Since I haven’t heard from you and this is a feature request, we have kept it in a radar.

Please connect with us incase you need any help. Also please checkout the latest features by updating to the latest version.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. Auto Generate Cell IDs adds a space to the end of IDs which are not long enough, and appears to be including internal spaces. Since cell IDs cannot contain spaces, those headers are not announced by AT when reading the table. (OS: Windows 10 on desktop PC; Acrobat Pro DC 20.012.20043; latest as of 8/30/2020).

The attached file has two identical tables (Word 365, Saved as PDF) with auto-generated header IDs. With the first, NVDA (v 2019.2) only announces the headers for Vegetable, Potassium, and Brocolli. All other headers have spaces at the end, and the IDs for % DV…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

With the latest release of Acrobat on June 14, 2022, this issue has been addressed.

If your product is not already updated, you can manually do so from within the product.  Click on the menu Help-> Check for updates.

Thanks

Rachit

16. Acrobat DC PRO recently updated and Autocad 2018 will no longer load the PDFMaker toolbars. See errors when starting autocad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please provide an option to keep a stamp selected to use multiple times in a row. For instance, I use stamps to place checkmarks on documents and I have to click the stamp each time I want to place it as it deselects after every placement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can achieve this by pin tool option.
    Please find the steps:
    -Open any PDF
    -Load comment app
    -Click on Stamp tool icon and then click on any stamp —> Stamp gets selected
    -Click on the pin tool icon(see the attached snapshot for reference)
    -Now apply stamp, it will not get deselected.

Kindly let us know if it helps or you need more info.

Regards,
    Arvind Yadav

18. Create a right click utility option to be able to batch convert files to PDF without prompting for each document save. Your competitors have this feature and Adobe Acrobat should be able to do this without "actions" or other workarounds.

Complete the following use case.

1. Highlight multiple Office/Document files (even 50-100 is possible) 1A. Right click the documents
    2. Click "Batch Convert to PDF"
    3. A dialog opens, lists all selected files, has the ability to add new or remove files, asks where to save all PDFs and what settings such as PDF/A, quality, etc
    4. Have multiple conversion options such as "Convert…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A tool for single click conversion of 2-column text to ingle column text would make the read out loud more useful. Have I missed such a tool? Does such a tool already exist? MS word read out loud evidently suffers from the same problem.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why do you insist on killing the ease with which users can access options in Acrobat with your new feature "updates"

I used to be able to hit the mail icon in the top and attach to a mail file in an instant, now you've upgraded this "feature" by making it an expanding sidebar and burying the email option in drop-downs.

Stop thinking you are improving Adobe products when clearly you are not.

This is pathetic.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (19.021.20049) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.
    More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
    Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Arvind

1 2 9 11 13 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?