Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1212 results found

1. As a user I want to quickly underline or highlight some text. That currently is painful (or I have not figured out how to do this, in that case it is not intuitive). I dont want to go into editing mode with the risk of editing every single element on the page, accidently move the text block etc. Just want to use my pen to quickly select and edit a chunk of text.

See Foxit Mobile (they have done a great job, also with dark mode) however, the project is discontinued.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,
    When I add some files with the PNG extension to a new PDF file which is being edited, image frame and its catch points are available but I can not move or re-size them. This issue was happening also Reader DC stamping tools. Could you please check it?
    Thank you in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. cant see the selection cube when selecting items or text, here a link to a video that illustrate the problem:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ky2zwbP8wk
    the version is: 21.007.20091
    please help i cant work like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When importing text into Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, it often has single character errors throughout the document. In using your Find/Replace feature, it only worked once for only some of the instances. I think it has to do with your default to "whole word" being greyed out, but honestly this should be a straight-forward feature! It should allow any text string to be replaced throughout the document, especially formatting characters caused by import errors. Also, I did try the redact feature and it did NOT work as I need the formatting to be corrected. Additionally, although I did get a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I've recently upgraded to the new DC version from my previous PRO version.

The editing function is unbearable to use, typing in the text box is so slow it's impossible to get anything done/progressed.

Also adding lines and other mark-up boxes shapes seems to be now non-existent.

If Adobe bring out new versions and expect us to pay for the upgrade, surly we should at least expect this to be an improvement on what was there previously and not a backward step, disappointing thus far unless I'm missing something with my upgrade??

Can someone help.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. where is the editting cut trimming video while adding to pdf page ? mp4 dosent work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe DC is supposed to have a checkbox in the Comments section of Settings (the last checkbox) that says "Auto detect pen hardware to enable markup". For some reason, it is missing on some of my computers that are using the same Windows 10 operating system and the same current version of Adobe DC. It is very frustrating because the absence of the checkbox means that you can't immediately markup a document with a pen and instead need to click through several layers of buttons in the comments section in order to use the pen. It is clearly a "glitch"…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. i was adding text to a PDF via the Add Text tool. it suddenly started to type backwards and across the page with large gaps between the letters. i restarted my computer and the problem persisted in the same file. i did nothing to change the settings when this happened--it was 100% spontaneous. i had no way to undo this bug and i had to create a new document to get it to stop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adobe should adopt similar editing capabilities found on Microsoft Word & PPT to their PDFs. Very cumbersome to edit pdfs now and, with my new MacBook Pro 14", my space bar doesn't function at all when editing text on pdfs!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a color background to new text boxes ie. a white background so that text placed over other text or images effectively erases what the text box is placed over allowing new text to be seen clearly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Option for inserting a JPG image: Treat white (background) as transparent. Drawings can be inserted as if drawn on top of existing image. May need a control to select background levels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I save a PDF document after editing it for awhile, I lose the ability to bring up right click options. All my software is up-to-date and this problem has occurred over multiple devices for quite awhile now. The only workaround is to shut down the application on the desktop and re-launch it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to edit password protected documents on mobile devices (iOS based & Android based)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I teach science and need to be able to easily add subscripts and superscripts as I grade students' PDFs. Could you please add subscript and superscript options to the Comment Toolbar?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I am typing in a text box, I am only able to enter one character before it won't let me enter anything else. To continue typing, I have to click out of the text box and back into it. Even then it will only let me type one character before I have to repeat the process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When saving a pdf, acrobat stops responding and must be force quit. This usually does not happen with "save as", only with save. I am running Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.4. Acrobat Pro 2020 (obtained through my university) is version 2020.001.30020. A text file of the crash report is attached

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I've just started using Adobe Acrobat DC, continuous release. I noticed when editing a document, if I select the drop down list of fonts, all of them show the exact same font type in the list. This is really unhelpful, because I don't know what any will look like.

This leaves me with two options. One, choose a font, see what it looks like, and keep it; or if I don't like it go back, click the drop down list, and re-scroll all the way through to find the next font in line and try that one. If I don't…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I set up a custom tool bar but I have to select it every time I open adobe - I'd like to have it stay as a default and not have to click on the icon for the tool every time

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Arabic right-to-left is currently supported on Windows, but not on Mac, and I have forms that Mac users currently cannot use because of this. Please consider working on Mac compatibility for Arabic and other right-to-left languages. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need the ability to make callouts on my iPad while I am in the field. I can't believe that pdf expert has this ability and adobe doesn't.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?