Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

911 results found

1. Too much time is wasted by doing the simple little things and I want to address the little things that make PDF editing a big time consumer.

1) When copy and pasting anything from images, Text and especially New Text Fields they should paste right on top of their duplicate by default location.

A) It's easier to locate them
    B) Way too time consuming moving it back to the default location so then you can continue on and just keyboard arrow key them over and into place where you want
    It wastes so much time especially when you have to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Sometimes PDF files contain fonts that is not currently installed, so I have to use another font which doesn't look nice. It is a good idea that Adobe Acrobat can extract those fonts for editing or adding new text in the same font, which is inclued in the PDF.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi all,

can any of you tell me how to set Photoshop as the default for opening images from Acrobat Pro DC (macOS Monterey)?

Whenever I click on an image under "Edit PDF" with the "Edit" tool, the preview is displayed in the "Edit with" submenu. When I say "open with" I can select Photoshop. However, I would like to use Photoshop as the default here so that I don't always have to select the programme under "Open with".

I had actually remembered that I could set this in the settings under the item "Touch up". Unfortunately, this menu item…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would it be possible to allow the filename to be renamed by double clicking in the top tab of the file or by other means without creating a duplicate file?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Next, who was the genius that came up with the idea to, when text is placed on an image, the app automatically breaks up that block of text into multiple blocks of text, thus making any editing or relocation a real pain **********. I can't believe this ridiculous bit of code survived the upgrade to this new version. Please explain to your customers just how this feature is supposed to be helpful because i can think of no way that text placement and editing is better affected by this feature. This feature is nothing but a tremendous aggravation and i…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. No idea ... just wonder how to fix this bug

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When trying to apply a redact in Adobe Acrobat DC, the program will freeze/lock up, and displays a blank gray box in the middle of the screen. The only way to close the program at that point is via the Task Manager. When I re-open the .pdf file, the redact was not applied.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A one-key accelerator key (C) exists, but in order to use it, one must activate the whole set, which leads to accidentally starting lots of processes by touching a key by mistake (or by typing a seach term into the Find window too quickly. Acrobat used to have Command+Shift+C for this purpose, but it is not included in the latest version.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In other PDF editor programs, there is the ability to customize tickmarks in a toolbox that can then be assigned to a keypad number to be accessed quickly and repeatedly. Creating this functionality would greatly increase the speed in which user can apply those tickmarks in reviewing a document, generating significant efficiency when a large volume of documents require this type of review.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to Increase/Decrease font size (similar to Microsoft Word)

This will very useful when we are typing superscripts/subscripts

For example (as attached), if I have typed in V with subscript "in", and I wanted to increase the font size after, the subscript "in" will have the same font size as the main letter V.

I would like an option to increase/decrease the font size of the entire paragraph while maintaining the relatively smaller sizes of the subscripts/superscripts (e.g. size 16 becomes size 18, size 12 becomes size 14).

Microsoft Word has recognized this to be an important function such that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When editing previously created PDFs, the user should be able to drag a text box full of text over another to combine them. The user should be prompted as to how the text should be joined. Options should include append at the end, insert at the beginning, and insert at the selected point. This should be able to be done across different pages and perhaps between documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have to drag and drop alot of pages between pdfs. I keep forgetting to open the page thumbnails view in the new pdf before dragging selected pages to the new pdf. I have to stop go back, open pages thumbnail and then redrag the pages, which is unnecessary. If I hover over the page thumbnails icon in the new pdf with selected pages, it should just open in my opinion.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The highlighter tool is horrible. Sometimes it recognizes text, sometimes it doesn't. I personally want to be able to freehand highlight whenever I want, and be able to switch to text highlight if i decide to. Instead, it just chooses for me and there is no way to fix it. In the google chrome extension it works, theres an option, but on the actual desktop app there is no option. That is insane and ridiculous.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why am I unable to paste pages into a document once that document has reached 100 pages? I expect Adobe Acrobat to be more powerful than that limitation. Certainly other people using Adobe Acrobat have documents to compile that go beyond 100 pages long.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hello
    I noticed problem with window for Acrobat Pro. After starting program I noticed problems with icons for minimize, maximize and close program. They disapear sometimes. When I'm resizing windows using boarder, icons from the top apear. Its very anoying bug because it's impossible to move window on my desktop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There is a problem with extracting single pages from particular PDF documments. Attaching the test.pdf file.

Extracting a single page from it (view->tools->Organize Pages->Open and you can do a drag & drop page to windows explorer) we are getting a pdf file with same file size as original but with only one page.
    It seems that its not removing all jpegs from the file.
    Attaching also sample file with extracted one page.

Files are generated by FPDF library and got a replay on their forum: "That's probably because FPDF uses the same Resources dictionary (containing all images) for all pages"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lets say I have a pdf file called ABC.pdf that has 3 pages. I want to extract this file into 3 separate PDF files with each one page. This can be easily achieved by the split tool as I demonstrated to the sport technician as well. This issue is complicated by output file names.

The solution I am looking for is that I want the output files to be named in a specific manner, say I want to call them TT001, TT002, TT003. In other words I want to define a naming schema for the files with

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new changes have messed everything up. It makes editing very frustrating. Specifically adding text to the pdf. It worked very well before, but now it is a mess. I can't add text where I want. It's too easy to accidentally drag existing text around and alter the form. The font size has to be changed for every text box, because it goes back to the tiny default size. The line spacing is no longer easy to adjust, and it doesn't save your preference. It's awful. PLEASE change it back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. if you create a fixup with a custom icc profile (any profile) in the "assumed profile", acrobat will not create a droplet. anywhere else, no problem.
    this happens on windows 11 and 10. current acrobat version.
    no such problem on my mac.
    solved by down grading to version 2019 32bit.
    attaching a screenshot.
    please fix so i can return to current version :)
    michel

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When editing a PDF, users should be able to drag text boxes (full of text or not) from one page to another. This would allow easy rearrangement of previously populated PDFs or easy reformation of currently being created PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?