Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make hand tool select select text only

There is an issue using the option 'Make Hand tool select text & Images' in Preferences, General, Basic Tools. It would be nice to have 'Make Hand tool selected text' option without the selecting image.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Tab Visibility and Key-Shortcut Switching

Multiple Tab Visibility
    - please make the active tab a different color than the inactive tables;
    - please add a keyboard shortcut to swtich between tabs [ctrl-PgUp/PgDn]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to concern.
    1) This is already implemented. The active tab already appears in a different color w.r.t the Rest of the Tabs. Please see the attached snapshot

2) This can be achieved using Ctrl+T and Shift+Ctrl+T to move ahead and back in tabs respectively.

Let me know if that helps.

-Ayush

3. Changing Default Tools on new menu

I like the quick-access to the Tools in Acrobat, but please allow us to select WHICH 4 tools we see. The defaults are Create PDF, Export PDF, Fill&Sign, and Protect, but in my workflow, I almost never use these tools. I use Edit PDF, Combine Files, Organize Pages, and Prepare Form daily, and would very much like to have these on my front page.
    Also, I have the Mobile app already. How do I get rid of the ad asking me to download it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. drag and drop files in document cloud.

seriously, this is such a basic feature that's available on any type of file organizer these days.
    whenever want to move a pdf into another file in my document cloud I have to:
    1) mark said file,
    2) then click move.
    3) pick the file to move my pdf into.
    4) then press ok...

anywhere else this can be achieved in two steps, drag the pdf to the the destination file, and let go!

while I'm at it, the document cloud seems so unintuitive. Regarding saving pdfs onto the cloud, it seems like that only way for me to save…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make the page controls bar go away!!!! It ALWAYS manages to block what I'm trying to edit. Seriously, does anyone test this stuff?

Make the page controls bar go away!!!! It ALWAYS manages to block what I'm trying to edit. Seriously, does anyone test this stuff?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Comments are slipping when opening a single comment

If I double-click on a comment it rises in the height (because of the post-button). Sometimes it rises also without double clicking, just on one click! If I click on the next comment the comment before shrinks and the current comment rises. So the complete list AND the current comment slips up. So if I have al list of 1000 comments and copy every comment-text to paste it in InDesign, my eyes and my brain gets tired of the constant comment-slipping. It's also hard to orientate if I switch between InDesign and Acrobat. Especially if the comment panels just shows…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Unable to save documents since most recent update

I am unable to "save as" since the most recent update. I use Windows 10 Pro. My expected result is that I can "save as" rather than the white screen I get when I try to "save as"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can't find toolbars. Super annoying.

Please revert back to an older version. I hate the new DC version. I used to be able to have my frequently used toolbars readily available when I opened acrobat. Now I have to use several additional clicks to get to the tools I need. It defeats the purpose of paying for acrobat when it defaults to nothing more than a reader. I've spent considerable time looking for a setting to leave the toolbars on the side of my extremely wide screen, but they are well hidden if available at all, and I refuse to sign in to anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can't open PDFs within Acrobat

While within Acrobat, can't open files.
    Type command-O to navigate to a PDF file.
    Box opens to display files, but application crashes the second I start to navigate, for instance, go up a directory. This just started happening.
    Using Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) and Creative Cloud Acrobat DC.

Note: I CAN open PDF files from the finder. Will launch Acrobat if it isn't running already. Just not when I'm in the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hide Page Controls by Default

Please add a setting to preferences to hide page controls by default on each new PDF.

I don't want page controls docked to the top of the screen because I never use them, so when I choose "Hide Page Controls" I would like it if they stayed hidden. Yet, every time I open a new PDF, there they are again. I have to choose "hide page controls" on every new document. They hide content on the PDF by constantly getting in the way. You either have to drag it around or choose the setting I mentioned earlier to see the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Send or receive feedback fast" popup - Please Remove

Constantly getting a huge "Send or receive feedback fast" popup near the huge blue Share button... every time I save or edit a PDF. Very very disruptive. Please allow users to disable popups such as this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open document without popups aligned to the edge of the document

The popups aligned to the edge of the document make interface difficult to use, is there a way to open without it? Have it turned off but get pdfs from others and it's very very hard to use, to see the comments without opening a huge window, then I have to try to see it and the window I'm editing at the same time. Please make a way to set these inside so I can see them. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Import and export PDF bookmarks

During troubleshooting scenarios we periodically need to save a problematic PDF file as a PS file to regenerate it with the distiller. As a result, the bookmarks are lost. We would like to see an option to export bookmarks from a problem PDF file and be able to import them into a working PDF file. We understand there are 3rd party solutions that can achieve this but we work with highly sensitive data and would prefer an Acrobat native solution that would be available in Acrobat 2017 Classic and Acrobat DC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Slow can't work if finder busy

Acrobat coms to a halt and get spinning wheel (on Mac) whenever anything is copying, moving, etc in the Mac finder, especially over VPN. Also keeps crashing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Synchronous scrolling of 2 pdfs

It would be very useful to be able to scroll 2 pdfs simultaneously as in office tools.
    Best would be to be able to scroll side by side with the possibility to do it Synchronously or not (in case of different number of pages).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. selection does not work anymore

When selecting text or illustrations, ACROBAT DC (v 2019.012) does not highlight anymore, instead the selected object is pixelated in seeming random colors. this makes it impossible to recognize selected text (depending on foreground/background contrast).
    particularly an issue when searching PDF and the highlights can not be seen.
    tried re-installing etc. with no success

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Adobe Acrobat DC Version: 19.012.20040 freezes on startup-white dialog box

After updating to this version, on startup the application displays an empty dialog box and completely freezes, forcing you to quit the application in Task Manager. Repair, uninstall/reinstall, clearing temp files all did not work.
    Starting application on the administrator account allowed it to go through the dialog box which had to do with resetting default apps then allowed the application to startup and run correctly on the limited user account.
    OS Edition

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 

OS Version

OS Build

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Disable recent files popup

Just the other day my Acrobat DC suddenly started popping up a "recent files" window every single time I go to do anything on my computer, even do a google search or look at email, if Acrobat is open. This is incredibly annoying because it stops everything I'm doing and I have to close that window before I can keep going. I don't even need a recent files list but this new popup is driving me nuts. If you don't make it possible to disable it or just get rid of it altogether I'm switching to another app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base