Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1537 results found

1. Since a recent ADOBE DC update (Version 18), I have been experiencing so many bugs/ issues. One (more minor than others) is that moving the Adobe window/pane between multiple screens is difficult. When trying to drag the screen over to another screen, the program flicks it back onto the original page it opened in, and will not flow over to the other screen easily or at all in some instances. Very frustrating. I have tried minimising the screen and dragging when it is smaller but that is hit and miss aswell. Please fix this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 there is a big blue "Share" button that is appearing at the top of all the PDF documents in my patients' charts in our EMR.

I don't think I need to elaborate about how abhorrent it is to see a big bright "Share" button on top of protected Personal Health Information.

I can customize the toolbar to hide this button in Acrobat itself, but not in the embedded browser of our EMR.

HOW CAN THIS BE TURNED OFF?? I need this fixed immediately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The space at the top above the tabs has been removed such that it is very difficult to move the window around on a Mac now. You have to go back to the window, then try to find a small space on one of the sides to drag the Adobe window - only one of the small areas at the top by the tabs will let you drag it, and you risk accidentally closing the window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I don't have time tell you how much I hate your bloated, confusing, dysfunctional UI, but at least bring back the option to turn off that ridiculous, intrusive "home" screen!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. REMOVE FEEDBACK BUTTON
    DONT NEED IT
    WHILE YR AT IT, ALLOW ME TO REMOVE ALL THESE OTHER NEW BUTTONS ADDED. ACROBAT TUTORIALS, NOTIFICATIONS, PROFILE AND SETTINGS. CLOGS UP THE HEADER BAR.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Acrobat Reader start icon on the desktop is the most useless thing on earth. No one is using it to open a documents. Please stop restoring it on every each update!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I tried using Acrobat Pro DC for the first time recently and I was shocked to learn that some key drag & drop functionality no longer exists in Actions. Drag and drop is a must-have. Also, I cannot edit actions imported from an earlier version of Acrobat Pro. The video at the following link shows what I can do in Acrobat X and what I can no longer do in Acrobat DC. There are also some other items that are missing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyNZ8EoDvPg

The drag-and-drop functionality is important for the tasks that I complete. Not being able to drag-and-drop files as…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bring back the option to get rid of the home page! So aggravating to have this addtional stop on the way to closing every.single.file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is no option to prevent the "Discover" panel which shows Recommended Tools from opening EVERYTIME you open a document. When you're operating with a number of documents for data entry purposes, it is extremely frustrating to have to close the panel every single time you open a document. And no, the "save last settings" check box does not fix this problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am submitting this as a BUG REPORT because vertical mouse scrolling in Acrobat is seriously broken! Even with continuous mouse scroll turned on, you can't even use the mouse wheel to scroll because it's so slow. You have to resort to the year 1997 when you had to click and drag the scroll bar, because it's the only way to scroll through your document at speed. Can you please fix vertical mouse scrolling to match the speed of web browsers and Microsoft Word? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. For example, if you add a comment to a PDF and close Acrobat 2020 Pro, the warning about not saving your work will not appear. This warning was normally displayed on the older version of Pro XI, so it appears in the latest version of DC (both Reader and Pro).

The app version is 2020.005.30381

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When activating Read Out Loud, can you please highlight sentences as it reads through the document?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we stop defaulting preferences when there is a CC update. My tools keep disappearing and having to open them and viewing preferences are gone. Having to change it everytime you update and I never know when that is going to happen as I don't ever get notified.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Tool buttons should also collapse the Tools Pane not just expand it. Thus, you can eliminate the "Close" button. It's more intuitive to expand and collapse from the same button. This behavior already happens with the Navigation Pane buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For Windows PC, please provide a General Preference Option to close/exit the Acrobat Pro DC program when closing the only open tab/document.

We open a document then review, save and close it. The program window remains open thus blocking the desktop and forcing us to exit the program manually. While that sounds like a minor inconvenience or inconsequential, in reality its very frustrating and time consuming. We consider it to be a Quality of Life issue that disrupts workflow processes and would like to see it resolved.

An option to "Minimize window on final document/tab exit and maximize window…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I saw this was declined before due to lack of comments or feedback but i think this is good for a second round to try again. When i am revising documents for my projects, only way i can drag and drop is through page thumbnails but sifting through hundreds of pages is quicker when i can access bookmarks and click on the page to bring me to the right page i need to replace or modify. If both of the Bookmark and Page Thumbnails are able to viewed at the same time, it would make it more efficient to work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I open many PDFs every day that are created by multiple people in multiple different ways. Every. Single. Time I open a PDF, the bookmarks bar pops up, even if it's a single page document with no bookmarks. Also, whenever I have hidden the tools or anything else (F8 and F9), opening a new document brings all that stuff up. That means every time I open a document, I have to click 4 extra times to get rid of all the garbage so I can just see the document. Can you please just give us some preferences to never or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Every day I have to click off a pop up about sharing my work. I appreciate that I have been notified of a cool feature, but this should stop showing up after 3 times or maybe be put on a 6 month timer if you really feel like I need a reminder again.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Many of our form users have the Classic version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and they are unhappy with the recent change that forces the document title to display, rather than the file name. Unlike my Continuous version, they have the Classic version and it does not have the option to change that display setting: They are missing this checkbox in their preferences: Documents>Open Settings>Always use filename as document title (checkbox)

Adobe Support confirmed there is no ETA for if/when this feature will be added to the Classic version. We'd really like to see it added so our users can…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?