Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1530 results found

1. Its very useful to know who has been using the Adobe products within the last 90 days. This way we can swap licenses around when needed.

A feature to show what users have used Adobe Pro or DC would be beneficial to support teams within the portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I work at a Library and we just purchased Adobe Professional for our public computer lab. Unfortunately, I was just told by support that there is no way to use Adobe Pro without having to sign in. We do not want to have to sign in for each user that needs it plus I do not want to stay signed in with my user name. It is absolutely ridiculous that there is no work around or a registry edit that would allow the sign on screen to be removed. Surely, we are not the only ones where having to sign…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Currently the preferences window is very hard to use and frankly, broken:

You can't scroll with a touchpad.

You can't scroll with a touchscreen.

You can't scroll with a mousewheel.

Scrolling over a combo box changes the setting >:(

Content doesn't scroll when you drag the scrollbar!

The preferences window cannot resize small enough for smaller screens.

Overall: infurating.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A well designed nice looking dark reading mode for the windows version like ios and android. the ios and android modes have a nice simple dark mode switch much like many apps and operating systems of today now have. I find it's clunky and outdated to still have the only option for changing PDF document viewing options to a night mode-ish for reading at night only in the accessibility options.. a simple switch for on off would be VERY overdue on this relatively expensive product. I find it rather odd that it still does not despite the mobile options already…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There should be a keyboard shortcut for the "Fit one full page to window" button. I use this button every time I open a PDF (usually because the document settings are set to one-page continuous, my application settings are already set to one page).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. During download: The pre-checked boxes prompting installing McAfee or other software is a very shady process. Most people aren't paying attention to that and accidentally install it on top of any other anti virus that they have and that can cause so many issues. Please consider removing the pre-check and allow those that pay attention to decide for themselves.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be GREAT if, when multiple PDFs are selected and opened all at once, Acrobat could SORT them as Windows sorts them in File Explorer. Each Client has multiple documents OVER TIME and we name the PDFs so they'll sort chronologically in File Explorer but once loaded into Acrobat, their filename tabs are all scrambled up across the top of the Acrobat window and with the filenames not real easy to see it's very LABORIOUS to un-scramble them ... :-(

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Steps to reproduce:
    1. Cmd+F to search for something.
    2. Leave search box open.
    3. Scroll PDF (with continuous scrolling).
    4. Search box flickers, scrolling is slow and very jittery.

Environment:
    MacOS 10.15.6 on 16in 2019 MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do not like the navigation of the new Pro DC. I would like an option to have the look and feel of Acrobat XI. I could navigate quickly to everything.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is a bug. When I go over the vertical bar (column) on the left side of the window to make the Thumbnails, Booksmarks and Attachments icons visible, I have to be in the perfect spot to click on it. Otherwise, Acrobat won't let me click even though I'm on top of the bar. Please fix - this should be easy to both reproduce and fix.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using the Dynamic zoom tool, you cant grab the page to move it unless you switch back to the hand tool. The left mouse button also zooms in and out. It could be used instead to grab the page to navigate around. This would make Adobe Acrobat Pro DC more efficient for Viewing large documents like architectural plans. The pages are so big that the current zoom options become cumbersome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I set Acrobat to run a task like text recognition for example, I don't want to sit there and watch the program do that. So I go to do something else on my computer. But Acrobat, and other Adobe programs continually push themselves to the foreground forcing me to wait while a task finishes. Why?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Links to my recent documents keep disappearing from the Recent list. The message says: "There aren't any recent files". Acrobat is currently up to date on my Windows 10 laptop. This is happening sporadically, with recent docs appearing as expected for some time, then vanishing without explanation, sometimes while I'm looking at the list Acrobat Pro DC.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a setting for zoom wheel reverse.
    Push should mean the part or doc on screen goes away from you… eg work goes away
    Pull the wheel toward you … pulls the item / work towards you…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I go to change the preferences > general, the dialogue box is too large, and i cannot access the cancel or okay button. I either have to change my display resolution to make it show in its entirety on the screen, or i have to tab, tab, tab to 'hopefully' get to the button to select it, without seeing it. All other dialogue boxes to the other sections seem to resize perfectly, utilizing a second or third column of text, i.e.Preferences> Page Display. Fortunately, this issue with the General section seems to be the only one.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I can't find any option category to make feature suggestions specifically for the Adobe Admin Centre. Please create such a category so that items relating only to the Admin Centre can be logged there.

Many thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why cant I zoom out of the default oversize document? Whose grandmother set these defaults?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the Home tab there should be the following main tools listed:
    - Open (Document)
    - Create PDF
    - Combine files

Those are what we use the most.

My Home is showing Organize Pages, Fill & Sign, and Protect.I don't use those.

Or, you can add the tools bar to the Home so I don't have to switch to the tools tab.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Strange but nor Acrobat Pro DC, nor Reader don't have "close all files" menu.

Yes, we can use it this script - https://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/creating-close-all-docs-menu-item , but we can't use it with script shortcuts as CTRL+SHIFT+F4 or CTRL+ALT+W

That's annoying!

Please re-add close all files feature in "File" menu!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a button or menu option to set Adobe Acrobat to reopen all documents opened in a previous session.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If your Previous session had any PDF’s launched when it was last Closed, then there is a Menu item Under File→ Reopen PDFs from Last Session which will open the pdfs that were launched in your previous session before closing.

Attaching a snapshot to help you with.

Also there is a Preference unde Edit→Preferences→General which ould automatically open the PDFs from the last sesssion as you Open the Acrobat / Reader application. Here is more info on that : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html#PreferencetoreopenPDFsfromthelastAcrobatsession

Hope this resolves your concern ?

-Ayush Jain

• Don't see your idea?