Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1532 results found

1. There is a "rotate clockwise"-option under right click but why not also a counterclockwise option? The right-click rotate is quick and easy to use when just viewing documents but there should also be an option to rotate counterclockwise also.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There is an option to always close all tabs in the dialog pop up but no option to just close the current tab by default when X'ing out on the top right of the window. I would like to be able to just close the current tab by default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So, it would be nice to be able to save a PDF with markup. It would be super helpful if rather than a blank unresponsive box, hitting save simply let me save a file. I've seen other programs do this, hopefully this is something Adobe can look into!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to put very specific tools on the home page, such as Bates numbering, Redact, or OCR. Not just the Edit Icon but very specifically an icon that will go straight into Bates. Four clicks are too many when you work in law firm and are using Bates constantly.

I see now the "Recommended" tools, and I expected those to "learn" which tools I used the most, but I haven't seen that yet.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi Adobe,

Mostly I am using Acrobat to check Output. I am total angry because Acrobat doesn't remember my last window setting. I have to always to click 'Print Productions' button and - it is the most boring - I have to always click to smart triangle at left mid to open left sidebar and have to click to open Page thumbnails.

Acrobat should remember the last state or some setting menu to turn on my favourite window layout..

Very thx

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since Christmas is coming, this is my wish.

I work in Acrobat DC Pro daily for multiple projects. Each project has multiple PDF files.

I use tabs within a Window. So my "Open Documents as new tabs in the same Window" is selected.

What I wish for is to be able to have TWO Adobe windows open, each with their own tabbed PDF files. Thus, I would be able to have one project window open and have tab access for all PDFs for that project. The second Acrobat window would have a second set of PDFs, all listed in the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On Acrobat's Home page, selecting "My Computer" shows the 5 most recently used folders. It would be more helpful if this was doubled to 10.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When there are multiple PDFs open, it is difficult to tell which one is the active tab. I suggest a Preference option to use a different color for the active tab or have Acrobat do this by default; I doubt anyone would complain.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The "Recommended Tools For You" section at the top of the Acrobat DC home screen may be of good use for rank beginners, but for those of us who use the program every day, for specific purposes, would be better served by the top portion of the home screen having our most frequently used tools instead. I use two tools every day, but only one is accessible in the "Recommended tools" section, and only if I have the Acrobat window widened to the width of the screen. Go ahead and populate the area with your suggestions for newbies, but let…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reverting the menu settings for the TOOLS to the users settings after an update.

-should be done as part of each update.
    -put as an obvious option when exiting any setup of tools in the menu system to backup the registry somewhere as i have just now been advised of. really not a good option.

want a reason for this, arrange for more feedback with me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The toolbars in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC are not rendered at all when initially launching the app in macOS Big Sur Dev Beta 2. Resizing the window (including entering full screen) causes the bars to redraw correctly. Also reporting this to Apple.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Timestamp Required on Adobe Admin Console for accurate TRUE UP count every financial Year for billing the licenses.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The speed of opening and navigating PDFs is very slow on macOS. Using the Metal graphics API to boost performance would be great. Comparing the speed at which Readdle's PDF Expert opens and navigates PDFs to that of Acrobat's shows that improvements can be made to the speed of rendering PDFs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I recently had to install Adobe Acrobat Pro and I would like to be able to remove the icons and replace them with text only menus. If I wanted to look at hieroglyphs I would tune in the Stargate series on MeTV.

Is there a way to change preferences or an add-on that will remove the box-of-crayons-colors icons and display text menus automatically? I don't use the application often enough to memorize the mouse-over texts. It's tiresome enough dealing with texter's shortcut abortions of the English language these days. I'd rather not have to play a game of Concentration when…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please change F2 functionality back to Rename, the same as most other Windows programs.

Use Ctrl+F2 or Ctrl+F1 to launch Adobe User Guide

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Instead of scrolling back and forth (e.g. in a scientific paper), one can have a small preview of the figure, referenced in text from another page, to follow with the current page discussion.
    This can show on the side of the screen as to not bother hiding the text being read.
    By reference I mean a link embedded in the fig mention. Many papers do so. If that is not available then you can type the figure label to search and bring it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. save the rulers you have worked on
    why can't the rulers be saved. i can't believe that the program doesn't even do this. every time i open the file, i have to plot the rulers i need all over again. it can take hours sometimes and i leave the file open and the computer running if i have to walk away from it as a result. waste of time and effort.rulers are especially useful for construction drawings and they take eye gouging time to plot properly. i'm very certain those who work with the rulers would agree. i love adobe…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new update is a major down grade because all PDFs open in the same display. I have the need to view two different PDF documents on different screens, but Adobe does not support this activity in the currently configured system.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The "Highlight Current Bookmark" option currently makes the outline of the bookmark icon a little darker or bolder, but I can barely tell the difference to see which is highlighted. Could the "highlighting" be changed somehow to make it stand out a little more? Maybe the fill color for icon of the current bookmark could be a different color or darker shade.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?