Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1532 results found

1. I thought we were supposed to be able to feedback on the app, not just post feature requests or bug reports? Is this just to restrict us from complaining?

My feedback is that the current Acrobat is still as terrible as it was when it was first introduced. None of the team appear to listen to a word of criticism and carry on forcing this horrendous bag of spanners down our CC throats. It's a blot on Adobe's vision and should be rethought completely. The longer you keep it, the more my opinion of your products wanes, but you just…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Include user status field in Export users list to CSV functionality on Adobe Admin console. Currently we need to manually browse through admin console pages to get users with 'disable' status; which is not a feasible task for large organization who needs to manage 100000 users

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You've been asked to do this for years. MAKE IT HAPPEN finally. I mean come on. It's about time you gave "pro" users pro tools, such as being able to FULLY customize our Acrobat workspace so that amateur annoyances such as this can go away forever. If I want hand holding I'll ask for it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Quick tool icons are TOO BIG - In Adobe X I was able to fit ALL of my Quick Tools across the top, now you've apparently optimized the program for tablets and there is no way to make the Quick Tool icons small enough which creates TOO MUCH UNNECESSARY CLICKING. WHY do you assume that everyone needs these GIGANTIC icons? Why can't we reduce the size or the "padding" around them? It's beyond annoying.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I look at a pdf in 2 page view without "show gap" I get this annoying dashed line down the centre - add an option to remove it because it's ugly and pointless

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Action Wizard is missing the option to "Save a Copy"
    This would be helpful to recreate files tagged with security labels that have had their fillable fields removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I work with a lot of floor plans and need to compare them between different documents. What would save me a ton of time is being able to match the pan and zoom actions between two tiles windows. So that when I zoom or pan to an area in one window, the pan/zoom is duplicated in the other window. This should work weather the two windows are of the same document of completely different documents. I realize I would have to have both windows looking at the same area and at roughly the same zoom level before turning this feature…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move the menu bar to title bar like Photoshop and stop wasting screen space. I always have to press F9 after opening each PDF file because I rarely use menus, and they insist on being there to waste my time and space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be nice if Adobe could just save the file to the current location when we press "ctrl" + "s" it is a bit annoying when you have to select the folder every time want to save a small change. I moved to using edge to open my pdf because it is quick to save and I don't need to select which folder I want to save

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This is a bug report, no a feature request or idea. Asking people to clear cookies & cache is a productivity nightmare. I don't even know if that will work. For whatever reason, Adobe logs me out and won't allow me to log back in. It says my subscription has expired when it hasn't; verified in a support chat. I can do so for the Adobe website, but not the interface that opens PDF's nor the cloud for Adobe. Clearing cache & cookies causes me to have to log back into too many websites I do business with or pleasure…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please remove the mandatory Share, Feedback, Help, and Profile/Settings buttons from the toolbar.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When going into and out of fullscreen mode, can we remove the long DRAMATIC fade. It's so unnecessary and such a waste of time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You should make it optional to have either the icon tool bar or the same tool bar you have in Adobe Pro XI. To tell you that I HATE the icons is an understatement because you have to open them individually and it's hard to find what you are looking for. Meanwhile it makes me feel as if you think I'm stupid or an idiot. I'm fairly well educated and hate icons taking half of the page that could have been used for editing a document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How do I copy the preferences in Acrobat for the toolbars, views, etc. that I painstakingly set up on one computer now that I have a new one to set up? Where is the preference file stored? The old computer with the good Acrobat preferences is not online.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have several mouses that have horizontal-scroll features. However, I am not able to use this for horizontal scroll. On MacOS, one can also use the shift button to change a vertical scroll to a horizontal one, but this is not working as well.

Using a trackpad, however, can scroll horizontally

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please let users create a quick tool that allows to show/hide the tool pane. Alternatively, let users open the tooI pane as a pull down menu. Basically, I am only asking to get back what we had in previous versions of Acrobat Pro where tools would open as a pull down menu. It would be nice to show/hide the tool pane without mental effort, without scratching the head about memorized keyboard shortcuts (I understand that I can do so via SHIFT+F4 but then users have a lot of keyboard shortcuts to remember across a lot of software tools.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As of this morning, when I close my open PDFs (using the X that appears when I mouseover the Windows taskbar), closing the final PDF does not close Acrobat itself. Instead it takes me to the Acrobat home screen.

I don't want this. I want to close Acrobat when I close my final open PDF. I don't see why anyone would want this behaviour, but even if some do, please make it an option (as it has been in the past) to close Acrobat completely when I'm done with my final PDF.

This is an unhelpful and anti-productive change.

EDIT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SEARCH: Pale blue/grey highlight is very difficult to find in documents with similar colours. Please add shade colour selection.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's very annoying to have the page with Home and Tools, and recent documents, open every time a PDF is opened. Please give us an option to stop that from happening.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This new version looks so childish! Not professional in appearance at all.

AND... too many steps to digitally sign a document! It used to be so easy! Can't you revert back to what worked smoothly???????

I truly detest working in Acrobat now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?