Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1542 results found

1. BUG: Default size when opening a PDF file.
    I've tried all the suggestions, but when I open a PDF file, it opens with 199% or 165% BUT NEVER smaller. I would prefer that it ALWAYS opens in 75% or 100%. It is a waste of time to go and click on the - to make it smaller.
    I've changed the settings in Edit -- Preferences -- Page Display & Accessibility to 75% / Single Page.
    What else can I do?? Please help.

It is sooo frustrating!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We can use "Enter" to go to the next result when finding text in a PDF, but there is no keyboard shortcut to go to the previous result. I expected "Shift+Enter" to go the previous result, following the convention of using "Shift+<Key>" to navigate backwards, but instead, "Shift+Enter" just goes to the next result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. by clicking three dots (...), a drop-down menu appears which is the closest thing I can achieve to my beloved custom tools that always appeared in the interface, in the order that I selected, and sometimes adjusted. Once something has been done, instead of dropping down the tools, clicking the three dots seems to repeat the most recent action, resulting in unwanted zooming. If you've got the three dots program to repeat the last action, please add an option to stop it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A quick access toolbar (see the one available in MS Word) is essential for me. Acrobat X/XI had something like it, in that my frequently used tools always would be in the same place. I did customize the tools in my Acrobat DC Pro, and arranged the order the way I like them- at least three times. Nonetheless, my customized tools don't appear at next use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's a shame, that Acrobat makes it such a harmfully experience to lower the filesize of a pdf (coming from photoshop Artboard to PDF Export), that actually does nothing!

Filesize goes from 18 MB to 17,5 MB or something (if it even works without errors you can't debug because you can't do something about it).

In the end I have to buy and use third party tools like pdf squeezer (for mac).
    One click, and it shrinks the 18 MB to 600 KB! Without lowering the quality!!

Adobe please work on your UI for Acrobat Pro.
    Or even better: Work…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I've noticed that with recent updates to Adobe Acrobat DC that one can no longer Command-Click the title bar of the window to open the containing folder in Finder. This works for other apps. This is really useful when trying to find the file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat DC is better than 11.x in many ways, but one lost feature is the ability to default opening documents viewed for the first time with 2-up continuous view (or other choices). Downloading pdfs from many sources, pdfs may be single page, single page scroll, etc, with bookmarks or menus open or closed. Acro11 actually worked when setting this default to 2-up. In DC preferences/page display/default layout & zoom, setting to 2-up has ZERO effect on documents opened for the first time. They open in the default of the provider. Please make this function WORK, as it did in v11.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Acrobat XI version before Acrobat XI Pro 2017 let the user drag the corner of the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) so that it would expand to 2 or more lines. That way, the most-used icons would all be on the main screen without the insessant need to click on the 3 buttons to expand the options and see the icons .... Worse yet, if there are many icons, you have to press the down-arrow to get there. Yes, I understand that the icons can be 'moved up'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Wanted to say thanks for the star feature on the latest update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat DC Standard 2015 updated to v2015.006.30505. Following this update, portfolio files open in a very small window regardless of the size of the Acrobat window. Have to resize window every time a portfolio is opened in order to view it. Problem only affects portfolio files, regular pdf's are not impacted.
    Portfolio properties are not set to Resize to Initial View.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. After latest update, when creating a PDF, the program switches screens. I have split screens for a reason. I want Adobe to STAY on the screen I have it on. Very annoying. This did not happen before the update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It is nearly impossible to find some tools in the Tool groups, as they are frequently grouped in a way that is not intuitive. Searching for a tool such as "Zoom" would greatly enhance the customization of my Acrobat product for the things I frequently need.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Open Acrobat DC
    2. Click the Comments pane button

Environment: MacOS 10.14.6; other Adobe apps active are Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Bridge

Expected result: The Comments pane should immediately appear.

Observed result: What I get instead is a spinning beach ball for way too long. THIS IS THE CASE EVEN WHEN THERE ARE NO COMMENTS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Presets for settings, and a customized page would be very helpful. Let users be able to have their preferences to adobe start up every time they open adobe. I know that it remembers, while the app is on. But every day I have to click combine open files, list view, and printer options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I understand forty documents may be open at once in Acrobat Pro DC. However, I would like this number increased. I do research and having more documents open at once would be helpful!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. While within Acrobat, can't open files.
    Type command-O to navigate to a PDF file.
    Box opens to display files, but application crashes the second I start to navigate, for instance, go up a directory. This just started happening.
    Using Mac OS 10.12 (Sierra) and Creative Cloud Acrobat DC.

Note: I CAN open PDF files from the finder. Will launch Acrobat if it isn't running already. Just not when I'm in the application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add a setting to preferences to hide page controls by default on each new PDF.

I don't want page controls docked to the top of the screen because I never use them, so when I choose "Hide Page Controls" I would like it if they stayed hidden. Yet, every time I open a new PDF, there they are again. I have to choose "hide page controls" on every new document. They hide content on the PDF by constantly getting in the way. You either have to drag it around or choose the setting I mentioned earlier to see the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Acrobat coms to a halt and get spinning wheel (on Mac) whenever anything is copying, moving, etc in the Mac finder, especially over VPN. Also keeps crashing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?