Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

357 results found

1. Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Hi

I'm visually impaired. I find anything with a white background unreadable.

I can change text and text background colours to make text readable but I cannot find a method to change colours used in images embedded in pdf files.

Please can you add an accessibility option to invert colours in embedded images so black becomes white and white becomes black. NB. All colours will need to be inverted not just black and white.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please change the way Adobe Acrobat does the reading order so that the tags in the tags pane will automatically correspond to the order in the Touch- up reading order pane.
    Also please make it easier to tag links - when I try to tag links it doesn't work right. Please consider creating a version of Adobe Acrobat that makes it easy to comply with Section 508 as described at Section508.gov. Dealing with the tags pane is a nightmare and also the unmarked annotations issue and other issues are a nightmare and don't fix easily. Please make this easier to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Newest Acrobat iteration sucks. Accessibility option is more difficult to find, Cannot "pin" as a common tool, requiring multiple clicks. Other features like page zoom, page numbers, highlighting, etc not obvious.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. MacBook Air, M1, MacOs 12.1 Monterey.
    Adobe Acrobat Reader v. 21.011.20039

freezes when opening any *.pdf file.
    Rainbow spinner whirls indefinitely.
    Can't access adobe acrobat preferences.
    NEED SOLUTION URGENTLY.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add keyboard shortcuts to reorder items in the tag panel.

Currently, a user must drag and drop tags in the Tags panel to change the reading order. It is easy to drag and drop items in the wrong place.

To recreate this problem:
    1.) Open a tagged PDF
    2.) Open Accessibility Tools
    3.) Open Tags Panel
    4.) Attempt to re-order items

It would be extremely useful to be able to do the following
    With a tag selected, I want the ability to do the following with the keyboard:

-Move the tag up
    -Move the tag down
    -Move the tag…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi Team

To whomever may be competent to solve the problem....

There are several incomprehensible bugs with accessibility in Acrobat.

1. We can't create multiple tags in Tags pannel. Please create option for creating multiple tags just like when we create forms there is an option for do you want to create multiple forms. Screenshot pdf attached for your reference.
    2. We cannot delete Tag ID under Object properties at once. Some time its client requirement that they dont want ID, IDs come when we autotag the document.
    3. While working on a big files and creating tags, tags wont come in sequence,…
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When you manually check something like navigation links and click pass manually in the accessibility checker, it reverts back to needs manual check when you reopen the saved pdf. What is the point of allowing a manual check if you can't make it stick in the checker report?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Acrobat's new Autotag utility re-tags the entire document.

Sometimes most of the PDF is fine and I just need to correct one page or a portion of content that I've selected.

But we can't do that: right now, it's all or nothing.

Give us the option to autotag the entire document, a single page, or the content we have selected with our cursor. Keep the other tags that are already in the PDF.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why would I need a dialogue box to tell me it's preparing and ready?? JUST DO IT! I don't need 15 dialogue boxes for each document open telling me about it. It's a background task; it should be in the background. This is so painfully obvious I can't understand why this dialogue box exists or why it doesn't disappear when ready instead of forcing itself on top and in the way.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The new interface violates ADA laws and makes it impossible to have a user experience for anyone who is old enough to need reading glasses. Plus switching everything around makes it disportionately difficult for those who are left-handed. I cannot believe in the era of inclusion that Adobe would be so insensitive and hinder the productivity of so many users.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please revert back to the old layout. Trying to add comments is just painful. I used to be able to quickly select icons to delete, change and replace, add comments, highlight with ease.

Now everything requires an extra step which is just slowing the process. And now it looks like I can no longer cross text out (without relpacing). Please revert back. It was the perfect tool before. Now it's just awkward and cumbersome and it's leaving me so frustrated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Reading Order tool ought to be able consult the Tags for how to prioritize content. It seems like a no-brainer that a tag identified as an H1 should be at the top of the page. But the Reading Order loves to put H1 content at the bottom of the page. These all have to be repositioned manually, page by page. Waste of time that seems like an easy software fix.

I tried to attached one example page, but this page did not accept my file.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Not only is the DC interface confusing and more time-consuming to use than the old one, but it does not comply with Section 508 of the Americans With Disability Act, which requires that the federal government, in its software procurement process, consider accessibility. Adobe Acrobat does not take into account the needs of users who rely on voice recognition software to accomplish actions that fully abled users accomplish with the mouse. When using voice recognition software, it is quick and easy to dictate a shortcut key or sequence of shortcut keys, but extremely slow, cumbersome and error-prone to get the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be a HUGE improvement for the work I do if the reading order also could be changed by typing the order numbers in the order list. The reading order list can be very long sometimes, with endless, tedious drag and drops on each page as it is now.
    It is also annoying that the list jumps back to the top each time you re-order the list.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why did you change the old format with the icons???? Everything were easy. Now you are making EVERYTHING hard. My colleagues area saying the same!!!!
    I can't find what I want. It is like stating using a new software again.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please go back to beter icons in Acrobat.
    The icons now are so bad that you have to search for it, it is only for the new icons in the new version. The icons on the upper top bar are good.

Most icons are gone and the icon are spread to the left and right.
    It is almost of it is the new Acrobat is made for a tablet or small screen.

But on our 40" WUHD (5120 x 2160) the mouse makes extra miles/kilometers.

The new version look clean, I've tried it for two week but works so bad,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. All toolbars into 1 ribbon, and make it customizable (which side it sits, what to show). The toolbars take up too much work space. The left hand floating toolbar is always in the way of text. Most of the tools I dont use (I just click on the toold button when I want to use tools).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make it less difficult to unsubscribe from Acrobat Pro. Seriously, charging a cancellation fee that’s half of the remaining monthly payments on an annual plan is evil, and the original subscription that was made by accident could not be canceled within the initial 14 days due to the inaccessibility of my account login. This sucks. Adobe sucks. I am never paying for another Adobe product ever again in my life.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The ability to customise keyboard shortcuts, despite what some of your staff seem to think, is an important accessibility feature.
    I find what Adobe can do amazing, it's however very held back by its poor usability. Among the worst example is the fact that commonly used shortcuts, which have the same function for almost all other apps, for some reason have different functions in Acrobat. The number of times that an incorrect shortcut has interrupted the flow of work (because, of course, I can't find the well-hidden tool that will fix the problem I'd just inadvertently created) means that quite…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am attempting to generate PDFs which are considered accessible using Python.

I am checking their Accessibility in Acrobat and getting what I think spurious warnings with regards to the title tag.

The XML packet before the acrobat "fix" looks like this:
    ```
    <?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?>
    <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="Adobe XMP Core 9.1-c001 79.2a0d8d9, 2023/03/14-11:19:46 ">
    <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
    <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/" xmlns:xmpMM="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/" rdf:about="">
    <dc:format>application/pdf/dc:format
    <dc:title>
    <rdf:Alt>
    <rdf:li xml:lang="x-default">Vendor Report: VENDOR/rdf:li
    /rdf:Alt
    /dc:title
    <xmp:ModifyDate>2023-05-26T12:54:04-04:00/xmp:ModifyDate
    <xmp:CreateDate>2023-05-26T12:28:56-04:00/xmp:CreateDate
    <xmp:MetadataDate>2023-05-26T12:54:04-04:00/xmp:MetadataDate
    <xmpMM:DocumentID>uuid:befe056c-5bfe-4c4d-9d90-0d6b1d008200/xmpMM:DocumentID
    <xmpMM:InstanceID>uuid:328eb639-0111-ac4b-a9ba-a39da14175e0/xmpMM:InstanceID
    /rdf:Description
    /rdf:RDF
    /x:xmpmeta

<?xpacket end="w"?>
    ```

The XML packet after the acrobat "fix" looks like this:
    ```…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)