Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

364 results found

1. Microsoft Word 365 has an immersive reader where the text is read out loud while panning and highlighting the text being read with options such as WPM adjustment. Trying to use the Read Out Loud function in Adobe Acrobat Reader is painful. It is hard to find, the synthetic voice is unpleasant and disruptive, and overall the accessibility for this feature seems to be the bare minimum. PDF's are the format of choice for scientific papers, which are rather dry reading material. An option to listen, following along while reading would greatly increase the efficacy of this program. I've personally…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I understand the issue faced by you here. I can help you with some of the functionalities fo ROL.
    1. Finding ROL : It can be found in View Menu → ROL → Activate ROL – > Read the document. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcut also i.e. Ctrl+Shift+Y(activate) then, Ctrl+Shift+V/B (read the document)

2. Secondly to change the voice you can install the voices from the system language setting and they will appear in Adobe Preferences → Reading → Under ROL setting. You can change it as per your convenience. You can also change Speed, Pitch go the ROL as well.

Having said that, we understand that the ROL is not a screen reader but a support given by the Adobe for reading the pdfs. We’re continuously working on this to make it better for our users.

I hope I have resolved the issues faced by you.

2. Working with tagging of PDF documents for accessibility purposes, with a lot of them being nearly identical to each other or within a document there are repeated patterns, it takes a long time and a tidious task to create tags individually. It would be a very neat if it were possible to Copy/Paste the (selected) tag strutucture within the Tags-panel (excluding any actual content they may contain)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We received this document from a vendor and it wasn't tagged for accessibility. I went through page by page, adding figure alternative text, table summaries, and tagged H1 through H3 headings. Then using Adobe's book mark tool I auto-generated the bookmarks based on the H1-3 heading tags.

I sent this document to our 508C consultant who is blind. He used NVDA and JAWS to read the document. He found all of the alt text for figures but could not see the H1-3 tags nor could he see any of the tables or table summaries.

I double checked the document using…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 2 years ago, Adobe programmed that the Tags panel would have Undo. That was very helpful.

But we also need to Undo in the Order and Contents panels, too.

When remediating PDFs to meet accessibility guidelines and laws, people work in the Order and Content panels, too, not just in the Tags panel. As in any workflow, we sometimes need to undo what we just did.

Right now, we must revert to the previously saved version which might go back too far and not be helpful at all.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Although tagging Arabic content shows in Acrobat, however it doesn't display correctly in Tags panel, neither Content panel displays Arabic content properly, nor the Order panel.
    "Read Out Loud" feature pronounce each Arabic character independently which drives a listener mad, I'm afraid.

I posted my findings on Adobe Acrobat forums, I wish you have the time to view.
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10060292#10060292

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Great to know that Zaid. Let us know if you need any other help. :)

Regards
    Vivek

6. Why doesn't Adobe set the default initial view magnification setting to "fit page" so a viewer can see an entire document upon initial view? As a seasoned graphic designer, I believe it is much more courteous to allow the viewer to orient themselves to an entire document and then allow then to zoom in for more detail. It is disconcerting to see a partial document when opening a PDF file. Adobe is a leader in accessibility standards and I wondered if you had insight into this topic, I don't see a recommended initial view magnification in the WCAG 2.0 AA…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My computer downloaded the latest update of Adobe on 4.22.2024 and now when I open a form with fillable fields (that I have used hundreds of times) I cannot modify/change the information contained in the fields. The fields are unlocked for 10 seconds (roughly) in which time you can modify them, like normal, after 10 seconds all fields lock and I cannot modify any information. PLEASE HELP!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to be able to open multiple windows of acrobat with the same PDF. As a mathematician, I need an option to see one page in one window and another page in another window.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. not sure what happened during the new update, but the new layout is ****.
    cannot find anything, not user friendly at all.

how do i revert

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Le 19/10/23
    Bonjour,
    Je n'aime pas du tout la nouvelle version d'Adobe Acrobat et plus précisément la disposition de la barre d'outils et des panneaux latéraux. Faire des nouvelles versions d'amélioration c'est bien mais ce qui est encore mieux c'est de pouvoir offrir le choix au client de mettre ces éléments où il veut dans un souci de confort de travail. Chaque personne est différente, on n'a pas la même façon de travailler, ce que vous pensez être bien ne correspondra pas forcément à tout le monde ! Donc, s'il préfère que la barre d'outils reste encrée en haut dans…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It's been years, and hundreds if not thousands of people have requested you remove the stupid home screen. it's a waste of time for people. how much longer will you keep ignoring this? unless there's some tracking feature that is embedded in it for your convenience. NOBODY wants this screen! NOBODY finds it helpful! EVERYONE finds it annoying and and extra unecessary step that we need to do to close it each time we close a pdf file. it's a WASTE OF TIME. listen to your users!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I can't type when I try to search keywords in a PDF document after updated into the newest version of Adobe Reader.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am sure that lots of now-retired people - myself included - who used (and loved) Adobe Acrobat Pro in their professional lives would be happy to pay for access to that software if there was pricing that considered that we now are living on carefully managed fixed incomes. Please consider offering a discount for seniors. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I feel like the Adobe Acrobat Accessibility Tools are haunted. I reinstalled it this morning, but the earlier version kept giving me Encoding issues (which meant it read it letter by letter). The reinstall fixed that problem but now I cannot fix tables. I need to retag tables, but I don't want to retag the entire document. It also auto-tags it incorrectly, picking up the Table title and sections as paragraphs.

I deleted the incorrect item structures and tried to retag the table as a table using the Reading Order window. Nothing happens when I try to tag the table…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link Alternative text is not accessible -- the latest version of Acrobat is not creating an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when you add alternative text using the Link Alternative text box. Therefore, alternative text added with version 2023.003.20215 Acrobat DC Pro will not be read by a screen reader or other AT. Previous versions of Acrobat created an /Alt entry in the Tag Element when Alternative text was added to a Link Tag. This version does not.
    What is the purpose of providing an Alternate Description for Links field if it will not be accessible to AT? If…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue. This is fixed in the latest update of Acrobat Pro DC. Please update to the latest version and check. 

Incase you face any issue, please connect with us.

Thanks

Rachit

16. Link Alternative text disappears when opening in Older version of Adobe acrobat. In current version of adobe acrobat (23.003.20215), While adding alternative text for link in the new version & open the same document in older version it will automatically removes the alternative text and also commonlook shows error in new version as alt text not added. Since there is no alt text showing in Edit Tag in Properties of the tag.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We live in the future now. the 90's were more than 20 years ago. I am uninstalling your product & using someone else's because you couldn't be bothered to provide basic accessibility. Nobody needs to ruin there eyesight for Adobe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When using PDF Maker to export a tagged, accessible PDF from MS Office applications, use the Caption paragraph style to identify and create the <Caption> tag in the PDF.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On macOS we can set our own shortcuts to most application using the System Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts> Application Shortcut tab.

This is a basic accessibility requirement to my mind, and if it doesn't exist already, it needs to exist.

But there needs to be Menu Bar commands in the Acrobat Menus to actually hook to that function in the first place. Far as I can tell Acrobat doesn't have menu commands to do that.

All the other Adobe apps I use in Creative Cloud suite (most of them) have a a command for that (shortcut "`"/"~" keys) but I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've found a bug in the document cloud. I have several agreements that were sent out for signature by 4 signers. Some of these agreements are showing 3 of 4 completed in the status column but when you review the activity it shows that all 4 signers have completed the signature. Is there a way to force a record update to correct this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?