Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Acrobat Crashes immediately on startup using Mac OS Big Sur

Brief title: Adobe acrobat crashes on Mac os Big Sur
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Big Sur
    2. Try to do anything in Adobe acrobat (any version)

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Mac os big sur

Expected result
    Adobe should work

Observed result
    Adobe crashes with the following trace: (attached as trace.rtf)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe DC 20.9.20067 Crashes when Zooming

Adobe DC 20.9.20067 crashes when zooming, using CTRL+Click wheel (on mouse).
    Windows 10 Enterprise machine 10.0.18362 Build 18362

We have:
    - Verified there are no updates (Adobe)
    - Reinstalled the program
    - Ran all existing Manufacturer updates (Lenovo)
    - Ran all available Windows updates
    - Altered NVIDIA (Quadro K4200) settings per article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/scrolling-problem-acrobat-pro-dc/td-p/7700173/page/2?page=1

Nothing has stopped this from happening. Please advise what can be done to correct this issue.

*This is an intermittent issue that cannot be easily reproduced. Sometimes Adobe is the only program opened when a crash occurs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Acrobat DC crashing on MacBook Pro OS 10.15.6, any time I open Acrobat, it crashes/quits immediately. I can not do anything.

Acrobat DC crashing on MacBook Pro OS 10.15.6.

Any time I open Acrobat, it crashes/quits immediately. I can not do anything. It has been happening since I updated my OS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support Linux

The linux community would really like to have at least the minimal support you used to provide.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. LogTransport Application (LogTransport2.exe) maxes out CPU usage

As the title says, LogTransport Application (a process listed under Adobe Acrobat DC in the Windows Task Manager) basically runs at full throttle and maxes my CPU (well, one core).

I can tell when this starts because my laptop's fans start going.

This problem started around about the most recent Acrobat update, so mid May.
    Current version is:
    Acrobat DC, 2020.009.20065
    Windows 10 Pro 1903

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Logo

Currently use Adobe Acrobat DC (20.012.20041). The logo is colored black and is almost invisible on the taskbar. You should consider reverting to the red color you had previously. Out-of-sight...out-of-mind! :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dear Adobe Team, I need to file a complaint regarding your billing policy.

Dear Adobe Team

So far I am using Adobe Pro DC and it works perfect. Yet I can see, that I will not need to renew my contract ones the 12 month periode is over. Even though I made two attemps to talk to you online support team they could not help me prevent a not needed renewal so far. The only option offered was to pay the full amount that is still open but then not being able to use the program any longer from this very moment of the cancelation of the contract.

In my view this is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe Compare Should have toggle for displaying Text Attributes. Definitely for hiding them in the flattened printed version.

I am using Adobe compare to analyze differences in contracts that are hundreds of pages long. There are thousands of lines changed. Every single one also lists the text attributes that changed, font size, font style, color, etc. This is not important information for analyzing laws or legal agreements. This means the generated report has thousands of lines of differences listed that are making the report unusable.

Please create a toggle button that allows the user to ignore changes in Text Attributes when print is clicked for a document comparison. The final report should only list the deletions, insertions, or…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Display problem

Display problem
    The attached file shows correctly in other viewers and prints correctly from Acrobat. Also exports to image correctly. In Acrobat the transparency is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. STOP POP-UPS opening advertising acrobat features after document is opened

After I open a pdf, A pop-up appears to "advertise' some particular feature such as 'fill & sign' for example. This is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. Also highly UNPROFESSIONAL as occurs during a potential client presentation.
    Please DISABLE THIS IMMEDIATELY. We pay for the product - NOT for ADOBE advertise itself during my time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Recent files" bug under macOS Catalina? No files show (yes, in Home view)

File management issue. Or UI issue.

No recently opened files appear at all. Not in the Open Recent menu, not after I choose to show all recent files.

Yes, even in the Home view.

(And now the UserVoice form is not allowing me to post my report. Perpetual "Server Communications problems! Please try again.") message.)

Slows me down a bit.

In MacOS (Catalina 10.15.3).
    Acrobat:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 20.6.20042.371807
    AGM: 4.30.98
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.45402

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. playback settings for rich media

Why did playback settings and controls disappear? Now when i send a video my client can't stop rewind or forwar, they just can open and close... Why that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adobe DC crashes when opening second pdf - reason: win 10 cumulative update

When trying to open a second pdf in an new tab, Acrobat DC crashes after some seconds of freeze.

I found the reason for this in the latest two Win 10 cumulative updates of 08 and 09/2020. Skipping the update in August and hoping, that the update in September works better didn't help. Deinstalling these updates solves the problem.

Some other applications are affected as well (like the launcher from EA/Origin or the Samsung Magician).

This is the message from the windows event viewer:
    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Acrobat.exe, Version: 20.12.20048.6926, Zeitstempel: 0x5f5b9602
    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: D3D9.DLL, Version: 10.0.19041.488,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Flatten transparency results into false handling of a smooth shade and damaged result

When flattening the attached PDF with Acrobat DC, the shade (which is covered by a vector object and therefore only visible as some kind of a frame), becomes visible.
    This is clearly not the expected results and therefore a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use Outlook signature in emails sent from Acrobat

I have my email signature (phone #, address, etc.) setup in Outlook. When I send an email from Acrobat, my signature is not on the email sent out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add proper LongPath support

Adobe fails to open files when a file path & name exceed MAX_PATH. Windows no longer has a hard path character limit if the LongPathsEnabled key is set in the registry. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Modern applications are adopting this new standard with the mentioned file management hooks provided by the OS.

Adobe is falling behind in this regard. Please add proper Long Path support.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I cannot copy / paste the password written in the memo into the password input field of the secured PDF file. Please tell me how to resolve.

I cannot copy / paste the password written in the memo into the password input field of the secured PDF file.
    Please tell me how to resolve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When I create a pdf, I cannot send it from within Acrobat but have to save it and snd it from a mail app. Why is this?

I cannot send pdfs I create in InDesign directly from Acrobat but have to send it from an email app. Why?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 50 51
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base