Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot type anywhere and keyboard shortcuts do not work.

We have 19 windows 10 PC that have Adobe Reader and you cannot type anywhere. This includes the search filed, form fields, page range on printing, comments, etc. it is like the program is not accepting input from the keyboard because Ctrl + F does nothing but you can open the search by using the mouse and toolbars. You can paste into all of these fields by right click and paste but not Ctrl + V. The issue seams to be isolated to Windows 10 and the reader version. the Windows 7 machines that we have are not having the…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add proper LongPath support

Adobe fails to open files when a file path & name exceed MAX_PATH. Windows no longer has a hard path character limit if the LongPathsEnabled key is set in the registry. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Modern applications are adopting this new standard with the mentioned file management hooks provided by the OS.

Adobe is falling behind in this regard. Please add proper Long Path support.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FIt One Full Page

For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Newest Acrobat CC does not auto open .pdf file created in Illustrator CC on PC

When I create a .pdf from Illustrator, a dialog box opens saying the file cannot be found. It used to auto open the .pdf after creating it. It does create the file (.pdf) but does not auto open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. [BUG] Can no longer create outputintents

[BUG] Can no longer create outputintents.
    Acrobat DC: Build: 19.21.20047.353337

Get the following error:

Fehler beim Speichern des Output Intent
    Datei:
    Ursache: Standard library exception of type 'N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE' caught.
    Message: "boost::filesystem::permissions: No such file or directory"
    OutputIntent

DLG_PREFSOUTPUT_SetName_short Neuer Output Intent 2

DLG_PREFSOUTPUT_SetColorSpace_long (CMYK)
    ICC-Profil-Pfad- und Dateiname /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ECI Offset 2009/ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc
    ICC-Profilname ISO Coated v2 (ECI)
    Registrierter Name (OutputConditionIdentifier) Custom
    Registriert bei (URL)
    Ausgabebedingung (OutputCondition) Custom

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Update Acrobat Pro 2019.012.20036 does not display CID identity-h fonts

Since the Acrobat DC auto update last night to 2019.012.20036, my PDFs are not displaying any fonts.
    On closer inspection the fonts have been embedded in the documents as CID identity-h type fonts from OTF originals. I believe this has always been the case.
    Yesterday I could view the files, today all text is replaced with dots. Other people can view the PDFs correctly in Acrobat Reader. I can print on our digital press correctly. I can view the files in a browser correctly. Just cannot view them in Acrobat DC 20036. The fonts are from the Rotis Semi Sans…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe Product admin console.

My idea is about the Adobe Product admin console. It would be great from the admin perspective to monitor product usage. Is this doable?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. tag

I would like to add tags to PDF files that are inside of a Windows folder and be able to filter by tags.
    At the moment, the naming convention organises the PDF files in an order that is not beneficial for us.
    Can we add tags to PDF files and filter inside of a Windows folder?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Acrobat DC crashes every time I copy text in Protected Mode

Acrobat DC 2019.012.20035
    Windows 10 1903 (18362.175)

Acrobat DC crashes every time I simply select text in a PDF document opened in Protected Mode and choose Copy.

If I choose to enable editing, it doesn't crash.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keeps closing and losing my work.

Very frustrated with Acrobat at the moment, I reguluarly save my work but every now and then it just randomly closes down! Sometimes it recovers what I do and other times like now has just lost it.
    Why is a service I am paying for work worse than a Microsoft product that can have auot save... and doesen't just randomly close throughout the day. Very annoyed. This issue needs to be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unable to delete a file after opening in Adobe acrobat DC and then closing it unless I close the whole program

If I wish to delete a file which has been opened and then closed in Adobe Acrobat DC, I need to close the Adobe program to delete the file. Without closing the Adobe, I cannot delete the file. It says "cannot delete the file as it is open in Adobe Acrobat DC"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Setting Defaults for Page Viewing in Acrobat DC desktop

Cannot find how to set a default so that one can view PDF's with multiple pages in a certain setting. Right now the default is 174% and that doesn't work for what I need. I need to see more of the document at a glance, so I have to manually change it to 75% or 100% every time after I extract a page. Please make it easier to set a default

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Acrobat crashes on Mojave when playing movies

Acrobat (version 2019.012.20034) crashes constantely when playing interactive PDFs with movies created in Indesign. Computers still on High Sierra with Acrobat 2019.010.20098 do not have this issue.
    On Mojave, as soon as you want to play an embedded movie, Acrobat crashes with this:
    This PDF cannot be viewed in Acrobat or Reader, and the application will
    now exit
    Please help, we have updated most of our computers in the uni and students can't view interactive PDFs anymore.
    Stefan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to open PDFs in Organizer MOde by default (or to switch back and forth)

Ability to open PDFs in Organizer MOde by default (or to switch back and forth). Or alternatively the ability to switch to organizer mode for multiple PDFs that are open at the same time. Right now, you would have to click on each PDF individually and then click on Organizer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distiller Output and Input folders name changed

In the latest Update for Acrobat, 19.012.20036, Distiller broke all our Workflows! Distiller renamed the Input and Output folders on our German MacOS Installation from "In" and "Out" to "Nach innen" and "Nach außen". It seems to get somehow translated automatically, since "In" and "Out" correspond to the translations the folders now have. The Problem ist, we are working with scripts to check those folders, and those are now not working anymore! This needs to be fixed ASAP! Also, the "ß" in the "Nach außen" is a big problem when working with network shares, as this is a special character…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3D model friendly capabilities

We need 3D capabilities in PDF form, so we can create brochures, e-books with 3D models that potential clients can observe the products in 3D.
    Having the capability of checking the products in more dimensions would help people acquiring either model is being marketed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Feature Request

Please create layout options for bulk uploading images into fixed width and height boxes for multiple images.

We take a lot of pictures while working in the field we need to send them all at once and the file size is crazy big.

we dont need the full size image just a thumbnail or medium with a corporate layout we do this multiple times a day. and creating the template everytime blows....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please add "Add Stamp" button to the customize quick toolbar pane

I would like to be able to add a dynamic stamp to the quick access toolbar, but I am not able to accomplish this. Please see attached Adobe Version and the current quick toolbar. Is this not possible with Adobe DC Pro?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Acrobat Pro DC 19.021.20048 stuck as soon as it is opened

Since I upgraded acrobat Pro DC to version 19.021.20048, when I opened the software, it always stuck and couldn't be used at all. My computer system is macOS 10.14.6. I have tested two Macs (macOS 10.14.6) that also have this problem. What's the matter, please? Please resolve as soon as possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. pdf too big

The pdf is too large to open in Adobe. (Assumed because the program crashes when attempting to open the file.) The only way to reduce the file size is to open the file therefore I cannot reduce it because the program continues to crash.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base