Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

523 results found

1. Hi,

I have an Action Wizard doing the following:
    1. OCR
    2. Optimize
    3. Save the file
    When I run this same Action on two separate Machine against a folder with a lot of PDF files in it, after running for a while, say doing 100 - 300 files, if fails. The DC Student version gives out of memory dialog box error and stops and the Pro DC version gives a dialog box saying "There was an error opening the document...." I will attach the screen shut of the error I get.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Cannot send file for signature. Error message : Forbidden - Operation could not be completed. Please try later

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I set up my Acrobat DC to use my Google Contacts as default contacts when sharing PDF's. I have around 1,000 Google Contacts.

Each time I press the contacts search button to select contacts with whom to share a PDF, Acrobat loads and parses all the contacts. It is slow.

Instead, load the contacts once. Allow some method (a button?) for re-loading if the user (me) thinks the data needs to be refreshed.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After scan from HP Officejet Pro 8620, Acrobat just closes/crashes. Random occurrence.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi,

We regret the inconvenience that you are facing. I will take this issue with the engineering team and let you know as soon as a solution is available.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

5. Other products such as as ABBYY Fine Reader can be use OCR for Vietnamese language. So, please consider to add Vietnamese language in your product.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi Trung,

Thanks for reporting your concern. We will forward this request to the engineering team.
    We would keep track of this request and keep you updated with the status of the request.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

6. I would like to have an index page created (from name of pdf's) or the possebility to type in one myself at the first page when adding mutliple Pdf's into one. with a link on the index page to the pages througout the new pdf.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat Pro needs to have the ability to create expandable text field forms that allow the text box to expand when the user types similar to what you can do with Livecycle.

This is a feature that has been requested a lot online. Currently Acrobat Pro only allows multi-line text field forms with a scroll bar, but you cannot create an expanding text field form that increases in the height of the text field to accomodate more text.

The functionality to create this even in Livecycle is too clunky and complicated to use.

389 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  115 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us more useful Toolbar with plenty of stuff - must make endless useless clicks to access simple things. Just to Open a page needs 2 clicks! This wastes time. Hover over text that fan open files would help.

This is a terrible product to use - thank goodness for the free stuff Foxit and PDF Creator. Not user friendly and pro-production at all.

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be helpful to be able to resize the Button Properties window in Adobe Acrobat Pro. Currently the window barely has enough room to display the contents. Resizing would help allow for much quicker form preparation workflows, for example, making the window larger could help minimize the need to constantly use the scrollbars in the Actions tab.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat CC has suddenly started using excessive amounts of RAM to the point that it is paused and has to be quit and restarted. This also happens if left alone with no files open.
    Having pitstop plugin open or not makes no difference. This is on an imac retina 5k late 2014 with 16gbs ram and only started happening Sept 1 2017, Acrobat CC has been installed for at least a year with no issues (and other versions before that have not had this issue).
    The RAM usage seems to increase much more quickly if it is an image heavy…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Only 2 signature / initial images can be stored currently. Every time I want another signature I have to swap out an existing image for one from my files. It would be hugely beneficial to be able to maintain a much larger selection of stored signatures / initials for completing documents for multiple members of the household.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we get the Acrobat XI version of the Scanning stuff back? This multiple page setup in order to get to scanning a document is horrendous. When you update things, try to avoid bloating them into more steps, more bells and whistles that are just eye candy and do little to enhance anything....I like when we go update and find out that the newer version has less garbage on it, less junk added to it for overall performance gain instead of the industry standard of new versions = more bloated programming = less productivity and horrible GUI - Why does…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. fill & sign option not able to open, please give some solution

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Can you please try signing out from your application. Go to Help > Sign out.

Sign in again to the application and try to use Fill and Sign.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

14. DC Pro is very flash with some nice fearures. However, It is extremely frsutrating that it is not possible to open more than one tool bar at a time. For example - it is not unusual to want to edit AND comment - as this requires two tool bars for access to the different tools, there is a slow and annoying requirement to close and open tool bars when trying to edit and comment on work . Please consider reviewing. This was so much more efficient in Acrobat 10. thanks

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It was very cool in early versions that it was possible to add more toolbars. Its annoying that the space is limited for the extra tools I want to add into the tool bar.
    I would like to ask for adding the ability to add a new-line/toolbar so all the tools I add can be visible without need to expand a menu by clicking on the dots at the right side.

331 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When running the form field autodetection there are e.g. multiline text form fields detected. The names of those fields and the alternate field names have a length of up-to 2249 characters (consisting of nearly the whole page text).
    I know that theoretically text strings can be 32K or greater however a meaningful name should be much shorter. So would it be possible to limit the size to a meaningful length of lets say 255? In case no string can be detected the name is "undefined_28" which is good and short...
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

I have forwarded your request to engineering. It will be picked up after prioritization. We will contact you if we need some more information on this.
    Thank you for your patience

17. This is for Acrobat Pro DC.
    We have the option to open 'Files' from OneDrive.
    When I navigate to a folder in my OneDrive the files are displayed in what appears to be Name order. I would like a way to Sort those files into other orders. For Example, Date Descending/Ascending.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug Report:
    Acrobat DC keeps crashing as soon as you try to use Preflight option.
    System: Macbook Pro 2016, macOS Mojave 10.14.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice if I can import pdf files from various folders or folder on my desktop to the cloud without opening and saving each file individually. Also, a security feature at folder level would be an advantage.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for providing your feedback. We will inform the engineering team about it and will let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

20. Since updating to Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.012.20098), I cannot individually copy arrow, line, rectangle, or oval shapes (with or without accompanying comments) from one PDF and paste them into another PDF. As an editor, I use these tools all day to mark corrections and I regularly have the need to carry over unaddressed/outstanding edits to the next version of the project. Without the ability to simply copy and paste, I have to redo a lot of work—losing efficiency and opening up room for error. Please restore this fundamental function!

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?