Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. Fujitsu fi-7160 scans disappear (crash) using the "Create new from scanner" option only. All other scanning works as intended.

the same issue occurs with WIA or the Twain drivers. All drivers and the program is fully updated.

Please help

Ed Brooks

• <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    • <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>100</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-17T17:28:02.962994900Z" /> <EventRecordID>70746</EventRecordID> <Channel>Application</Channel> <Computer>KCO-1021.kuenzicpas.local</Computer> <Security /> </System>
    • <EventData> <Data>Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>19.12.20034.1161</Data> <Data>5ccb9be1</Data> <Data>ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>10.0.17134.319</Data> <Data>c1f0557a</Data> <Data>c0000409</Data> <Data>000a24cb</Data> <Data>4528</Data> <Data>01d50cd5c99f40b6</Data> <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe</Data> <Data>C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll</Data> <Data>3b536a66-c051-4f0d-9b70-02f7f014d22d</Data> <Data /> <Data /> </EventData> </Event>
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have lost the ability to rotate signature. I use to insert over my professional stamp

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for writing to us. It will be great if you could provide some more information :

1. Version of your Acrobat.
    2. Version of your OS.
    3. What are the exact steps you are performing?

Regards,
    Sandeep

3. Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I don't know if the crashes are being reported back to Adobe or not. It is Hanging/Crashing on SaveAs and during editing.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you share with us the acrobat version and the operating system you are using
    Also some sample PDFs with which you are facing this issue.

4. We have to use the function for exporting PDF Formular Data to CSV-File. The function works well if you need it for only a few files but if you use it to export more than 500MB -750MB of files the export produces only an empty csv. That is quite a big problem for our company because we need this to export up to 3GB of PDF Formulars as part of our workflows and it is not very handy to export just parts and put them together in time consuming steps

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Zoom Percentage Disappears from the Toolbar when you turn off the option to "Open Documents as new tabs in the same window"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A number of people continue to think it's a "bug" rather than a "feature" that the pan tool selects images & text by default in Acrobat DC. And they ought to be right, this is not a desirable feature for a pan tool, vice a select tool. In fact, it's why you have a select tool in the first place: to select images & text.

Pan tools PAN, as allow you to navigate through the document by clicking & dragging. This feature is literally defeated by having it select images and text when you click & drag. As such, it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dear Adobe... for over 20 years I have used Adobe products and with one or two tiny exceptions in the early years, and absolutely loved them all. Photoshop, Design, Creative Suite, Premier Pro you name it I've probably bought it and in many cases bought literally dozens of copies for numerous functions and colleagues too many to mention (see my old Adobe account). One of these which I have used almost daily for years was Adobe Acrobat Pro. I still have 11.0.23 running on an old laptop and it runs like a dream. Full of features and stable as mile…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry for the Issue that you are facing while using Acrobat DC.

Could you please specify what exactly do you feel Buggy with the latest version ?
    Also When do you face crashes/Slowness on using Acrobat.

Would help if you could send me the crash report when Acrobat crashes for you.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

8. In the most recent update to Adobe Acrobat, you removed Share & Track tool. I realize this tool has been changed to 'Share' and the original Send and Track is still available via browser. Even so, having Send & Track within the application tools is much more convenient.

Why don't I use the new 'Share' tool? Unfortunately the Share feature does not allow us to send a protected document. It is also very clunky to format a message longer than 5 words with custom subject line.

Bring back Send and Track in the UI please.

Thanks!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have to use Editable Text and Image for our national database to add our header on the top of pdf documents filed in our database.
    Regardless of scanner used, OCR is not is not seeing the underlines as a solid line. It looks like a bunch of underscores. This results in the numbers above it to become distorted. Sometimes the amounts are not readable.
    here are times the line comes through looking like this: _----------__
    Are settings are 300 dpi, black and white document, OCR on / Editable Text and Images, front side. We have changed the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use the Accessibility tools every single day.

However, I have to manually re-add it to the tool panel each time that I log on, unless I just leave the computer on and locked (and IT does not run an auto-patch and restarts my computer without asking).

ter locked.

Is there a way to set it add a tool permanently to the tool panel on a single computer (as with previous versions of Acrobat Pro)?

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20040 version to do take-off quantity and when I export to csv file (use right click when you're in measure distance mode). It looks like all the numbers are shown incorrectly. Have anyone known how to fix or had the same problem? Cheers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When selecting text or illustrations, ACROBAT DC (v 2019.012) does not highlight anymore, instead the selected object is pixelated in seeming random colors. this makes it impossible to recognize selected text (depending on foreground/background contrast).
    particularly an issue when searching PDF and the highlights can not be seen.
    tried re-installing etc. with no success

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Resizing a window by dragging the lower right corner is very laggy. Often, the mouse pointer is halfway across the width of the window before the window starts to resize. It then jumps repeatedly to catch up with the mouse as you resize the window.

On a late 2016 MacBook Pro, Mojave, 16 GB ram,
    Acrobat DC Pro version 2019.008.20074

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.

I would request you to kindly update to the latest available version of Adobe Acrobat DC using “Check for updates”

Also please send a screen recording video of the issue that you are facing to us at ajain@adobe.com

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

14. The dropdown "Find" window used to search documents for keywords is always a problem — it slows down scrolling to an annoyingly low level. Please put the "Find" window in the bar of the program interface to alleviate the scrolling problem.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you’re facing issues with Find tool. Could you please tell me more about the workflow that you’re performing while using the Find tool?

Thanks
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

15. I have a monthly subscription for Acrobat Professional several of my computers at my business. I have the creative cloud software installed on my system and ir is open and running. Whenever I launch a pdf document when Acrobat is closed, the program opens then freezes for 15 seconds or so while I think the stupid thing is retrieving my subscription for the 1000th today. I don't care about your piracy concerns. I do care that you are wasting my time multiple times per day by having your program freeze for a ******** reason. You should make the program operate…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is dropping Excel formatting (boxes around cells) when converted to PDF document. It also will not allow a PDF document to be changed and resaved as the same file name. You now have to save as a new file name every time, which makes it impossible to work with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello,

If there could be an option to disable this from showing after saving, that would be very nice.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please add a default option in Preferences that auto detects that a created pdf has attachments and sets the opening property to show attachments...

Same for bookmarks... If the native record has bookmarks for sections, have a property option to auto populate bookmarks in the pdf and set default property to open showing bookmarks

Instead of a default property to either show attachments or bookmarks upon opening, create an option to show both bookmarks and attachments contemporaneous upon opening, if the native document has attachments and bookmarks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I tried to export a PDF to Excel in order to capture and manipulate the data without having to retype it. When I did so, the resulting Excel document was unreadable and the formatting was off. I have several files like this that I need to extract the data from. I have Acrobat Pro for Mac. I'm using osSierra version 10.12.6. Please see the attached PDF and resulting Excel output file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chantal Smith,

The attached PDF is already an OCRed file whose output is incorrect. Try to copy and paste the text from the PDF file. It contains garbage values.

Please provide non-OCRed file for this issue.

Regards,
    Akanksha Garg
    Adobe Acrobat Team

20. pdf documents not opening properly, with blank pages. It is worse if I try and scroll through the article soon after opening it. It will also loose text from the after a time not reading the document. This may be after the computer has been put to 'sleep' for a period (even a few minutes). It reports the error message 'Insufficient data for an image.' The new version is MUCH worse that previous versions. Please sort it out Adobe.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
    Kindly share with us your machine details and Acrobat version.
    Also please provide us some sample files on which you are facing this issue

• Don't see your idea?