Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. The Acrobat DC is really **** .. I Fill up the Form 3 times and as I save it... it non editable and can't upload anywhere because of encryption

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'm unable to create a signature, when I select 'add signature' my screen grey's out and i'm unable to do anything. It doesn't move past this, and then I have to escape out. Is there a work around?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please share the below information :

1. Your OS details.
    2. Version of your Acrobat. Go to Help > About Acrobat.
    3. Can you try clicking on Next inside Fill and Sign app and check if you are able to create a link.
    4. Please try to sign out and then sign in again.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

3. In an earlier version of DC I could erase the wrong information in paint, save and close that page. Go back to the original document open a text box and enter the correct information. I try this with this new version and everything messes up. I was in a chat with one of your techs yesterday for almost 3 hours trying to do what I need to do in the 2020 version of Adobe DC. And it looks horrible, takes a lot of time and I hate it. Please Please Please fix this. I have been looking at peoples complaints…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create external links to specific pages in PDF files on my file system, such that directory shortcuts or external links from other programs can be made.
    For example, individual external links to bookmarks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When creating a PDF from a .docx file from within Microsoft Word, when PDF/A compliance is set to "PDF/A-1a", text boxes will have borders in the PDF even when they do not have borders in the Word document itself. No other PDF/A compliance setting exhibits this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please describe your workflow in a bit more detail? Which application are you trying to use inside Acrobat?

Regards,
    Sandeep

7. Hyperlinks that span more than one line create multiple OBJR tags.
    Reproduce: Create file in InDesign with links that span more than one line. Export to PDF/open with Acrobat. Find tag. Link will have two OBJR tags (or more if the link spans more than two lines). This is a bad experience for users of assistive technologies.
    Sometimes manually fixing tags (deleting old links and creating new OBJR tag) isn't sufficient and designer has to resort to editing in the content pane or even using the Actual Text override to get the link to be read by assistive technology properly.…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using acrobat DC with dual monitors, it creates a black box in the top menu bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I've just noticed that in the Combine Files panel, the thumbnails of the files I pull in are squished out of proportion. The thumbnails of the finished file (after I click "Combine") are just fine though - no issues with those. But the squished thumbs are very strange.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I am trying to use Acrobat Fill and Sign feature to send documents to clients for signature. I go to send them and I get "Invalid JSON" as an error message. It kills to progress to the Fill and Sign process and brings me back to a fresh document. I am using this file created in Acrobat.

I add two email addresses, add my own form language for the email description and body as I need to give info on other processes, and then click Continue and it gives the error message

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting the issue and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I tired locally and was successfully able to send the file for Signature. Could you please confirm the following :

1. Do you see the same error with every PDF file or with this file only?
    2. Do you observe the error with this file when you do not change the subject/body with your own language?
    3. Also are you using English or some other language for Subject/Body? Did you use any special characters?

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

13. When converting a web page in Edge (usually an invoice from an on-line purchase to PDF), portions of the text are converted to total jibberish. Converting the same page using the built-in Microsoft PDF converter works correctly.
    Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new "Fill and Sign experience" being tested is a total fail. The Sign Yourself button is completely unresponsive and my saved signatures and initials are no longer available. The test has rendered Adobe Pro unusable for e-signing documents myself.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Can you please provide us the following details :

1. Does this issue happens with all PDF files or some specific PDF file. If possible can you please share a sample PDF with us.
    2. Details of your OS.
    3. Does Application goes to Not responding when you click on the Sign yourself button? You can follow the steps at : https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html to generate the dump files.
    4. Are you not able to create a new signature/initial from the sign yourself drop down?
    5. It will be great if you can share a screenshot/video demonstrating the issue.

Please feel free to write directly to me at sagrover@adobe.com

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

15. Why does this continue to happen? I can't get my documents signed because of this error message.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Need to be able to save a prepared Adobe Sign, and PREVIEW for quality control, after completing Step 2 of adding signature blocks prior to sending. Example: I built out the signature piece and wanted to SAVE it for Review with my client of where to sign BEFORE I sent it to client for signatures. I was unable to do either of these. As a result, I felt nervous sending the document out to client because I was forced to send it directly after my first pass of prepping for signatures. I tried to create a template and that was…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am an electrical drafter and need to combine sometimes hundreds of AutoCAD (dwg) files into a pdf. The Acrobat XI version did this reliably and quickly. I used it for about 4 years mostly for that purpose. Now that it is no longer supported by Adobe I apparently am forced to "downgrade" to Acrobat 2017 for a perpetual license. (Somehow my "so-called perpetual" version of Acrobat XI suddenly stopped working on my work computers - more than one - suddenly - for some reason) 8( So...What is the definition of "perpetual" anyway?
    I bought the 2017 version and it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Apologies for the issue that you are facing here .

1) Could you please tell me the exact version number of Adobe Acrobat that you are working on ?
    2) Please update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat using Help → Check for updates.
    3) Is this consistent for you on every Acrobat session ?
    4) Could you please confirm me your windows Os version number and the screen scaling value that you are working with ?

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

19. Fill and sign has recently started freezing the whole application. Gets worse when adding text in the fill and sign tool.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Can you please provide the following details :

1. Does the app freezes when you try Fill and Sign with all PDF files or specific PDF files. If possible can you please share a sample PDF.
    2. Did you try using Comments/Edit after opening the PDF?
    3. Once the application freezes, open task manager and go to Acrobat.exe process, right click and create a process dump. Kindly share that with us.

Regards,
    Sandeep

20. If we create a tagged PDF from InDesign, the contents item for hyperlinks is missing. This can be fixed with Acrobats single preflight fix: Create Contents Item For Link Annotations.

However, this broke already in 2019 and still is broken in 2020!
    In 2018 it works in one go.

In 2019 and 2020 we have to run it is many as five times before it is actualy applied!

We save the document each time under a different name, sometimes the third time we run the fix it sticks, sometimes after five times, sometimes not at all.

Now we heard this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?