Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10803 results found

1. I created a PDF document of around 2MB file size and then went to Protection. Added both password to open and edit, both with 256-Bit AES. Saved the file with a 25 characters password.

Now I Googled this "How to bypass a PDF Password", the third link is this "https://smallpdf.com/unlock-pdf".

I dropped the encrypted file into the slot provided. assuming that it cant ***** it.

But unfortunately the password was cracked both from the opening and editing end.

I find this very disturbing !

Kindly check this and let me know how to ensure that a password protected…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The "lighting effects" filter no longer works! What's wrong?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. make a csv or json file from a pdf containing repeating data

how many times have you wanted to data mine a pdf document to put it in another presentation, a mysql database etc?

here is a similar idea that should be integrated right into Acrobat DC ..
    https://docparser.com/industries/pdf-scraper-data-providers/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Using Abobe Acrobat Standard 2017 - Version 2017.011.30169

MS Office 2013

The issuse occurs when using the Create PDF tool with MS Word and MS Excel files. You pick your file > Create > get an error from Adobe PDFMaker "An unexptected error occured. PDFMaker was unable to produce the Adobe PDF."

The file is then silently held open in 'read only mode' and you have to kill WINWORD.exe or EXCEL.exe in task manager to release the file.

In Word/Excel File > Save as Adobe PDF works and Printing to Adobe or Microsoft PDF works. Seems isolated to CreatePDF tool.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Terms of Use of Adobe products is covered at https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html
    Please also provide this in PDF format, and place that on the internet also, and provide a link to the PDF copy on your various websites. Thank you. This request is made 2021-06-04.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm running Action Wizard to fixup several PDFs. When an error message pops up, I click OK to dismiss it. Then I click Start to resume the Action Wizard. The Wizard skips over the next document in the list and adds a check mark as though it processed. When the summary report displays, that document is missing as though it wasn't ever in the "Files to be processed:"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Most PDF documents I open are for viewing (prefer to open in DC Reader that is got my preferred tool bar arrangements) and seldom for editing (which can be 'open with' DC Pro). Since I have both DC Reader and DC Pro installed, it does not allow me to 'open with' DC Reader anymore, even though I get option on the right-click to open menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Renaming Date Type field changes it to Text Type

Issue: Renaming any Date type field when using "prepare form" in Adobe Pro, causes the field to be changed to a Text Type field. This causes issues with errors when uploading/downloading the form.

1. Replication Steps:
      Open the Sample Document attached in Adobe Pro
      Click Tools > Forms & Signatures > Prepare Form
      This should load the open form into the prepare form tools
      Right click on the "Date" Field
      Click 'Rename Field'
      Change the name to: Date (no "afdate" suffix)
      Hit Enter
      See in the right menu, the field…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the PDF email possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bug related to viewing interactive PDFs.

1. Make a PDF with a button in InDesign. Give it a different appearance when hovered by the mouse.
    2. Make multiple buttons like this next to each other (touching side-by-side) to make the problem much easier to recreate.
    3. Export as interactive PDF.

When viewing in Acrobat DC, move the cursor accross the buttons. They show the "hover" appearance while the cursor is over a button, but if the cursor moves from one button to the next the appearance on the previous button often tends to "stick", so you end up with multiple buttons showing the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. convert into excell not in proper format , as compared to prevalent website online , if not done it will replace

second there is no folder sharing option in document cloud

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When opening a PDF in Internet Explorer with the Reader DLL plugin we can no longer open the print dialogue.
    The error has started after the latest windows update to 2004 or 20H2. These are just the ones I have heard of from our users.

I have tried to get help in https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/pdf-opened-in-explorer-will-not-print/m-p/11265762

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi
    We had to make some urgent edits in a large PDF on Friday when I went to look through again on the monday some of the text looked like it was missing - it is there but invisible until I turn off the Bold Selection in the edit panel- then it shows up - and if I rebold it stays... This is the second document that it has happened and we are making quick edits to make a deadline by using the edit panel in Acrobat (this is instead of going back to Indesign/Word to make the changes and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Whenever I open a PDF document I see some blue gridlines over the page. Not sure how they got there or how to remove.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. After a recent Adobe upgrade I have had printing problems. The document dimensions are correct in Adobe, but the printer sees them as physically larger by up to an inch. I have to tell the printer what paper tray to use, and the print ends up being chopped on the top and right (for a landscape print). There has not been a change to the printer driver in months. There may have been Windows10 updates at about the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change passwords on user ideas controlled by adobe admin console... I would like to totally control user ID's as it is my company and i pay for the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add an option to the Microsoft Word Adobe Acrobat driver that allows to save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Currently it needs to be activated manually. The driver only saves with the "Navigation Tab" - "Page Only" option.
    Other Drivers such as AutoCAD; however, save as PDF with the "Navigation Tab" - "Bookmarks panel and Page" property of the PDF file activated by default.
    Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have had a number of issues where the third or fourth person allocated to sign an agreement have left and their emails are not accessible.
    I propose an option that the initiator of a document be permitted to change details of a party to sign without having to cancel the entire agreement and redo it, especially as this requires the first few to have to redo the agreement, and in some cases they are onerous to have to complete many fields again.
    thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pre-existing document metadata that is used for documents stored in SharePoint libraries should be useable by the home section of Acrobat when I select on that connected library. Currently when I select on a connected library, whether it is a SharePoint library, or a OneDrive library the only metadata displayed on my documents is Title, Modified & Size (see attachment).

These are not helpful when I need to filter and sort through hundreds of documents to check out and update one. I would like the ability to customize my displayed metadata columns and to filter out documents that I may…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow a way to open existing PDF documents and to convert them to searchable documents without need to respond to promtps.

Also -- bump up the 50 document limit to 1000 or more for this action -- still with no prompts while the process action runs through all documents without need for user interaction. (I could use this functionality quite often -- and espeically right NOW)! Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?