Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc. Acrobat DC is trying to access the Cloud Service and can't.

PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

Acrobat DC is trying to access the Cloud Service and can't.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Security Restriction to Allow Copy and/or Extraction of Pages w/Low Resolution Printing

I would like to give clients the option of printing (at Low Resolution Only) AND the ability to extract and/or crop pages within the document into a new, restricted to low-res print pdf. At the very least, to be able to REDACT portions of pages, so that they are able to have stand-alone portions of the document without exposing other portions on the same page. The current options when print restrictions are ticked allow for "inserting" - but NOT for "extracting", which seems odd. Thank you!

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Review tracker shows new items without new items

i have 20+ active reviews in tracker. The icons shows not and then icon for new message. It usually means that there is something new in my reviews. But very often there is no new stuff. So I need to open and close every single item to see close the new item icon???
          I have realized that it shows this icon as soon as someone opens the file. But the tracker itself shows the file in bold only when someone have written something. This is very annoying, especially if you have several pdf in review... PLease fix.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Acrobat Pro DC is running phenomenally slowly using the edit and form field features. We pay a huge subscription for what?

I am trying to add footers to a form which in Acrobat 11 was very efficient. Since being forced into using DC this capability has become ridiculously slow (15 - 20 secs to add 2 characters). I am using a 64bit 8gb RAM laptop. Paying lots, getting little.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • insert pages location

I add a review page to my documents. I want this always to be on the first page. But I am not able to edit default location for "before first page".
              Please make this setable in the settings. We create around 3000 documents each year and every single one has a review page as cover sheet during reviews. Not default seems to be after page 1.
              So we have to change this every single time.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Please make Thai OCR possible in Acrobat Pro. I need it so much

Please make Thai language possible in OCR. There are 76 milj. Thai people ....

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Block Signature Requests & Remove

I keep receiving spam from people asking me to sign a document. It shows up in To do above recents. There is no way to block these or remove the item. Please add functionality to review these incoming requests and provide the ability to remove the item from view.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Resize PDF Pages

It would be very much appreciated if I could resize PDF pages in Acrobat. There's no easy way to do this in Acrobat Pro DC--really, no way except to place the PDF in InDesign and do it that way, which is laborious. This would particularly be helpful when I'm resizing books to create one PDF from multiple files.

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • ctrl-f settings: brighter highlighting color for search results. my whole company is struggling with that

Adjust the highlighting color for the search results or offer the option to adjust the color individual.

I am working in a big international company, working and searching in pdf documents is a daily doing and we are ALL struggling and loosing a lot of time just to find the highlighted results. This would be a life saver.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Resource management (GPUxCPU)

When using Acrobat DC and Preview concurrently; performance on DC is by far inferior. Scrolling, rendering, etc. is very slow and is evidenced by high CPU usage.

Upon further inspection, Preview delegates this workload to the GPU and provides a much smoother user experience.

This suggestion is to implement CPU/GPU resource management to improve user experience.

MacBook Pro 14,2
                          16GB, i5-7267U @ 3.1GHz
                          Iris Plus Graphics 650 on 2560x1600

1 vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Bug with Adobe Send & Track and Adobe Document Cloud for Microsoft Outlook – Acrobat

Issue when sender has Outlook 2016 Adobe add-in, send an digitally sign email with an attachment. It works fine when receiver has a Windows OS Outlook 2016, but receiver has Mac OS with Outlook 2016 the attached document comes up as "winmail.dat" does not manner what type of document you attach e.g. .docx, .xlsx, .pptx, .pdf

1 vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• How do i put in a new signature??????

i need to put ? store my wife signature ..How do i put in a new signature??????

1 vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • pages to print

please expand the number of characters that we can input into the pages to print space to an unlimited number of characters. It is currently limited to 100 characters. If a characters limit is required, please expand it to 5000 characters. Thank you.

1 vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Please add "Add Stamp" button to the customize quick toolbar pane

I would like to be able to add a dynamic stamp to the quick access toolbar, but I am not able to accomplish this. Please see attached Adobe Version and the current quick toolbar. Is this not possible with Adobe DC Pro?

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mac Mojave: "save" screen is blank

When I open a PDF and choose the save command or save from the File menu, the "save" screen that pops up is blank. This is a significant functionality that is critical to using the software.

I am running Mojave 10.14.3 and Adobe DC 2019.10.20098

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Hire non-computer experts to test your new programs before finalizing them

Before finalizing your products, hire a group of people in an assortment of age groups who, while computer literate, have no experience with your program. You will find that your latest version of Adobe Acrobat is almost impenetrable. I mean, it's absolutely terrible.
                                      Even your "help" function no longer provides help. Seriously, your 2019 edition is the single worst version of Adobe Acrobat I've ever used. And look on the Internet. The complaints are everywhere.

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Document Color window is a very important print production tool. It definitely needs a separate resizeable window.

Hi,

The "Document Color" function that is somewhat hidden in the "Convert Colors" window is a very important print production tool. It only becomes really visible when you click its arrow. You cannot resize its window. In a document with many images, it becomes very hard to see all of the different image formats and ICC profiles. It definitely needs a resizeable window as a separate Print Production tool.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Start-up issue on Mac

I have Acrobat Pro DC as part of a Creative Cloud subscription. Running on MacBook Pro under OS X High Sierra 10.13.6.
                                          For several weeks I've had the issue that when starting the app, usually by opening a PDF, there is a interval of a minute or more when it is unresponsive. The document is slow to appear. The Mac process indicator appears (spinning rainbow disc). The delay is quite aggravating. It only happens on the first document opened in a session.
                                          If I quit the app and reopen it, the same thing occurs.
                                          This behavior started recently; and the…

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 130 131
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base