Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10536 results found

1. Acrobat DC wastes so much screen space in non-customisable areas - It is common to 'snap' the Acrobat Application to Half-Screen - but doing so hides many menu Tools, but ALWAYS leaves 'Home, Tools, Document & then The Login Name. - These are rarely (never) used.
    Please allow them to be Hidden, Or return Menu/Tool icons to a 'normal' design/style as used in the previous 10 versions of Acrobat.
    'PRO' does not = Tablet user.

676 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are delighted to share with you that Acrobat and Reader Desktop release for DC Continuous (21.007.20091) is Live now and this Takes care of the Feature Request to Change the Display Size of the Acrobat without changing the Scaling/Resolution of the machine. This can be Done from “View” → “Display Size”. For now this is avaialble for windows only.

More Info Here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/whats-new.html and go to “Change Acrobat Display Size”

Please update your Acrobat (It should Auto update or you should do Help → Check for updates) and let us know your Feedback.

Thanks
    Ayush Jain

2. There are so many shortcomings and problems with the new 2023 GUI interface. Here are just a few:

1. Swapping left and right-hand panels for no reason. This does not improve anything for users. It just forces users to change everything about how they work in Acrobat every workday.

2. Functions are indicated by random icons. In the 90s, we learned that icons in software and websites don't work across different populations. Users have a difficult time figuring out what the heck they mean. Give text labels.

3. The left panel is permanently positioned on the screen and obscures part of the document…

602 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Need to recognize Arabic text from scanned images.

598 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Planned  ·  gudisa responded

We already considered this request. We will update you once the team prioritise it and implement it.

Thanks.

4. This topic has been discussed before, but I want to share one thing the team might find useful.

Now we tell all Acrobat users that Adobe Fill and Sign doesn't support Arabic. But when you look at it, we are able to type Arabic very well on Desktop machines and mobile devices.

On a Mac for instance, as an Adobe CC subscriber, I have to choose English in Preferences for my Acrobat language in order to show [ Fill & Sign, Send and Track, and Send for Signature ] features in Tools workspace. If I go and change Acrobat language…

580 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adobe Acrobat Pro needs to have the ability to create expandable text field forms that allow the text box to expand when the user types similar to what you can do with Livecycle.

This is a feature that has been requested a lot online. Currently Acrobat Pro only allows multi-line text field forms with a scroll bar, but you cannot create an expanding text field form that increases in the height of the text field to accomodate more text.

The functionality to create this even in Livecycle is too clunky and complicated to use.

386 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  113 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Sign in to https://account.adobe.com/plans.
    2. Click Manage plan or View plan.
    3. In Billing history, select either:

• to view a PDF of your invoice
      • to send a copy to your email address.
    4. To print the invoice, do one of the following:

• Select the PDF viewer’s Print icon.
      • Choose File > Print in your browser.

For more information and clarity on the above steps please visit this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/print-creative-cloud-invoice.html

365 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

230 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It was very cool in early versions that it was possible to add more toolbars. Its annoying that the space is limited for the extra tools I want to add into the tool bar.
    I would like to ask for adding the ability to add a new-line/toolbar so all the tools I add can be visible without need to expand a menu by clicking on the dots at the right side.

326 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My idea is to bring back the old function interface.

The new user interface is the most inconvenient, inexplicable, poorly organized user interface I have experienced with any Adobe product.

In the future, interfaces should be tested with real live users and not code writers.

I wish there were a way to use a "legacy" interface.

294 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Give us more useful Toolbar with plenty of stuff - must make endless useless clicks to access simple things. Just to Open a page needs 2 clicks! This wastes time. Hover over text that fan open files would help.

This is a terrible product to use - thank goodness for the free stuff Foxit and PDF Creator. Not user friendly and pro-production at all.

257 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. PLEASE ELIMINATE the need to go through a dropdown menu just to check off a commnet.

IT WAS FINE to have a checkbox. It took HALF THE TIME.

PLEAES FIX

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  195 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Several major bugs have been documented by users in the Adobe Community Forums since Acrobat and PDF Maker were updated on September 14, 2021.

They are:

1: Alt-Text from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/alt-text-converting-wrong-from-word-to-pdf/m-p/12393017 This violates the PDF/UA-1 standard which requires that every graphic have alt-text that verbally describes the graphic.

THIS IS A HUGE BUG. You essentially have made Acrobat unusable for those who are required by their country's laws to make fully accessible PDFs.

2: Every cell border on every table cell is being…

229 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thank you for raising these accessibility issues. The post mentions about the following six bugs being introduced with the update that went live on September 14, 2021

1: Alt-Text from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted
    2: Every cell border on every table cell is being tagged as <P>PathPathPathPath
    3: The underline on Hyperlinks should be tagged as artifacts
    4: Borders and background shadings on Text Boxes are being tagged as a combination of <Figure>s and PathPathPath
    5: Paragraph borders and shadings: same deal as #4 above.Per the PDF/UA-1 standard, they are visually decorative and should be artifacted
    6: Dragging and dropping elements in both the Tag and Order panels is now broken.

Would like to mention that out of these, #1 and #6 were introduced with the Sep 14 update and remaining (#2, #3, #4 & #5)…

11. Only 2 signature / initial images can be stored currently. Every time I want another signature I have to swap out an existing image for one from my files. It would be hugely beneficial to be able to maintain a much larger selection of stored signatures / initials for completing documents for multiple members of the household.

199 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The tool sidebar is too close to the scroll bar, and make it difficult to use and select the scroll bar, which is almost always used. Make the position and/or the visibility of the tools sidebar a preference, since this redundant control is available using many other existing ways. This is the must frustrating, duplicative, and unusually located user control I have seen in many years.

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You have absolutely no control over the choice of menu design, forced to look at a big blue “share” button, a feedback button and a question mark. When operating in half screen the frequently used menu items I have chosen are hidden, because you think I want to share, learn or send feedback. Give me the ability to remove and take charge of my workspace environment.

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  amukherj responded

With our latest release on 11th Dec. 2018, the issue reported by you has been addressed.
    If your product has not already been updated, to get the latest product update, click on the menu Help —> Check for updates in the product.

You can now customize it by right clicking on the Toolbar and selecting appropriate option.

15. PDF forms developpers needs to test their forms (created with Acrobat Pro) with Acrobat Reader, so we need to have Acrobat Pro AND Acrobat Reader on the same computer.

Preventing us from doing so is a nonsense that forces us to use competing software (Foxit or PDF Studio).

See these topics:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/cannot-install-acrobat-reader-with-acrobat-pro/td-p/12742576

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-can-i-install-acrobat-pro-and-reader-on-same-device/td-p/12747538

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Getting comment list to show in Acrobat DC takes way too much time. It's a drag. At least on Mac OS.

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

We have provided a registry protected fix, some users confirmed that this worked for them.
    Could you please try this at your end as well and let us know your feedback?
    Kindly make sure you are on the latest DC build(20.012.20043) and then follow the steps from the attached word file: “Steps.docx”.

Regards,
    Arvind

17. I would like to see a "transform" capability similar to InDesign, with a panel or set of boxes in which the actual pixel X & Y coordinates, as well as the dimensions of an object, can be precisely set. Currently, the resolution on this type of placement appears to be set at 2 points, and I would like to be able to fine-tune that to pixels or 10,000ths of an inch as I can in InDesign. That's the basic idea, but read on for rationale.
    I work mainly in InDesign to create pdf forms that I then take into Acrobat…

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  45 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Through version 9, the properties bar was dock-able. Since X it is not, but it should be. Properties are always useful, it is annoying to have it floating over the document when I have toolbar space at the top of my screen sitting empty and gray and sad. I get that the properties toolbar is context sensitive so it will grow and shrink, but it was in 9 also. Please make all toolbars dockable!

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Today's update is horrible -- it's a big, ugly mess. I can't find anything, the icons are tiny and all of my settings are gone. Please change it back and stop resetting settings with each update.

Users -- go to File and then down to "Turn off New Adobe" to get rid of the new, horrible layout

124 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 526 527
  • Don't see your idea?