Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIt One Full Page

For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

41 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Fill & Sign Crashing since update

Fill and Sign Feature keeps causing the program to crash and lose all changes I've made - this only started happening after the update. Please fix!

23 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  20 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons missing from tool bar.

The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

19 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  26 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Acrobat and move window from one screen to another.
          Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.) Mac OS 10.14.1, 2018 MacBook Pro
          Expected result: Should not crash
          Observed result: Crashes consistently

9 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Acrobat DC crashes hourly Running Mojave

Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please give an option to turn off the Acrobat Pro DC startup/recent files page

Please give the option to turn off the Acrobat Pro DC startup/recent files page

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Logging of users

We have been seriously facing trouble since there is no available method to log/ trace users with Adobe products in order to determine whether they are actually using the product assigned to them, whether they need checking from their last log in time. This brings forth a lot of misuse of licenses and malpractice of assigned licenses remainig unused due to the unavailability of such feature.
                This becomes specially difficult when its an Enterprise account and there are thousands of users to be managed.

Please add-in a feature soon where the admin, depending on access control, can check for users'…

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Get rid of that almost-invisible new pdf icon

This new icon makes my computer look like it has some fatal disease. Please do something about it. Who makes decisions about the new icon design? IT is not only confusing, but hard to identify and locate files. Please revise it again, soon...don't wait another 10 years.

8 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We’ve reported this to our engineering team and we’ll plan to work on this in our Future updates.

Will update you once we get something in this.

Thanks
                    Ayush jain

• Please add the .msg file type as an option for converting email messages that are saved on a network drive to PDF Portfolio format.

We need the ability to convert folders/subfolders containing .msg files to a PDF Portfolio file. But the .msg extension is not a supported extension for conducting this conversion. The only way to do it is to create a folder in Outlook and drag all of the .msg files into the folder, which isn't practical and is an extra step. All of the other Microsoft file types seem to be supported (docx, xlsx, pptx, etc.), so I'm not sure why the .msg file type isn't supported.

I have spent a couple support sessions with Tanvi Bhalla of Adobe trying to solve…

10 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feature request. We have added it in our backlog which will be prioritized based on other items. We will keep you posted with the progress.

Thanks
                      Tanvi

• Display full file name in tab

Hi. This has to do w/ the file tabs display at the top of the screen. For example, if I have two PDFs open, I cannot view the full file names!! Each tab displays about 16 characters, then a "..." which is super annoying. There is so much "white space" to the right of the tabs that the tabs could accommodate the full file name but does not. Can the tabs have variable widths, and only crunch down in size when "too many" PDF are open?

7 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Using "Compare Page Range" and input "New File Dialog" crash.

1. Open Acrobat Pro DC
                        2. Open File A.pdf and B/pdf
                        3. Select "Compare Files"
                        4. Open "Select Files to Compare", and push Settings button
                        5. Open Setting dialog, input New File combo box
                        6. Freeze Acrobat

This problems on Windows 10 and Acrobat Pro (2017.011.30113 and 2019.010.20069).

Original Problem is Japan Forums thread.
                        https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2588735

7 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Greetings! I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the compare feature.

It would be great if you could help us with a few queries that will help us in investigating the bug:
                          • Could you confirm if the issue is happening intermittently or every time?
                          • Could you please share a screen recording with us while performing the workflow on which Acrobat is getting crashed and share the recording and crash logs with us?

For info on how to share the files with us, please read the steps below :

To share the file using Adobe send – https://cloud.acrobat.com/send

- Open the above-mentioned link - Click on “Select files to Send” - Click link “Choose file from my computer” and Select the file - Click on “Add Files”, if you have more files to add - Click on Create link - Share this link with…
                        • Why did you hide the checkmark?

Why did you hide the checkmark?

11 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 3 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Stop asking me to sign in every time I open a document

Please stop asking me to sign in every time I open a PDF document. The pop up screen is very annoying

9 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • ryan wade

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIiiIiiiIiiiiIIIiiiIiIIIIiiiiiIIII

0 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • stamps custom calculation

Hello,

I tried to add a custom calculation script to my stamps (via form editing), but it always fails. (Also in Acrobat 11.0.23)

This is a serious bug!

Please have a look to the videos. (DC Version is 19.010.20098)

I could do it in Acrobat 10.1.16

When there's already some script in there, DC is able to edit it.

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • 2 steps to add check to comments - Build: 19.8.20071.303822

In previous versions of Acrobat I was able to Check a comment (typically once I had made an edit to my InDesign doc). By setting the filter to show unchecked comments only I was systematically able to go through a set of clients edits. In the new version of Acrobat you have removed the ability to just click to check a comment. I now have to open a drop down menu and select it. This is really annoying when you have a large document with over 100 comments (as I regularly do).

Please return the simple check box to the…

12 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Auto Tag a Single Page

Acrobat's new Autotag utility re-tags the entire document.

Sometimes most of the PDF is fine and I just need to correct one page or a portion of content that I've selected.

But we can't do that: right now, it's all or nothing.

Give us the option to autotag the entire document, a single page, or the content we have selected with our cursor. Keep the other tags that are already in the PDF.

3 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
                                        You can try to tag a page and a specific content using the Reading Order tool.
                                        Select a content you need to tag and click on the tag in Reading Order pop up.

Please do tell if this resolves your problem now.

Thanks
                                        Rachit

• Acrobat DC toolbutton appears as black square until you minimize/restore the Application window

Use 'Open' to add an Enfocus PitStop toolset. It appears in the right-side ribbon with the 'Active' icon. Click on this icon => it changes into a black square.
                                        When using 'Add' to add the same toolset, it appears using the 'Inactive' icon, clicking it makes it Active but it is not showing the 'Active' icon.

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC

1. Brief Title

Losing german äüö (Umlauts) and letters in the Structure Tree when using "Add Tags to Document" in Adobe Acrobat DC (previous operation Number ADB-3207012-T1M7) German Language Problem?

2. Steps to reproduce the issue

Export a text document with german words that contain german umlauts (äöü), e.G.: "für, können, öfter, mögen" as a PDF without tags from InDesign or Word
                                          Open the file in Acrobat DC
                                          Go to "Tags" and open the little menu and choose "Add Tags to Document"
                                          After the Structure Tree was created — save and close
                                          when you open the document again in Acrobat…

7 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This usually not happens, I tried on multiple files.
                                            Can you please confirm if this is happening on all files for you or on a set of files. Also, how did you created these files where you are seeing this issue.

Thanks.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 130 131
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base