Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inclusion of Indian classic ODIA language in the OCR tool in Acrobat Pro DC.

The mother-tongue of the people living in the state of Odisha is Odia language. Around 45 million (http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/censusinfoindia_pca/) of people in India and abroad speak Odia language. Odia is a primarily spoken language in the Indian states of Odisha, parts of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. Odia is the official language of Odisha and the second official language of Jharkhand.

The Union Cabinet of India classified Odia as classical language on 20-February-2014. (https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=103967). So far Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia have been declared as classical languages in Indian subcontinent.

Therefore Adobe is…

100 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Shadows disappear on Windows 10 explorer windows

Adobe Acrobat DC keeps turning off the shadows of my explorer windows. Changing the theme in Acrobat doesn't help.

Workaround if you encounter this problem:

1. Windows key + r

2. Run: sysdm.cpl

3. Advanced

4. on Performance -> Settings

5. Under Visual Effects tab -> Show shadows under windows -> Apply

Probably repeat after restarting Acrobat

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Licensing Application hangs after login on Mac OS 10.15.2 (Catalina)

When trying to start the newest version of Adobe Acrobat 2017 for Mac OS on Catalina after logging in with the Adobe ID the Adobe Licensing Application hangs. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-licensing-application-hangs-after-login-on-mac-os-10-15-catalina/td-p/10752118
    The software is unusable.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Acrobat DC damages W array during Save as

• Open the file minimal.pdf in Acrobat DC. Look at the number '11' on page 3 and '12' on page 4.

• Save As... the document

• close and reopen the saved document

• The numbers '11' and '12' are now rendered wrong (glyphs on top of eachother)

=> Acrobat DC changed the font so CID 18 now has a width of 0...

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Comments shall not get auto-locked

I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

6. Remove buttons on (left) Navigation Pane

It is very easy to add buttons to left Navigation pane. However, you cannot remove individual buttons.

The only option is to Reset the pane returning the three original buttons (thumbnails, bookmarks, attachments).

It seems there should be a way to remove individual buttons at will (not just reset).

Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Custom Tool Sets with Same Tools - Different Properties for Each Tool

For work I use multiple tools to add comments to PDFs. I have created a custom tool set with the tools I need to use the most. We are required to use specific colors depending on what we are commenting on. It would make it so much easier if I could make custom sets (all with the tools I use) and have each one be different color schemes.

A few examples of this are below:

Custom Tool Set #1
    Highligher – Color/Green
    Text Box – Border/Red; Fill/Green; Text Color/Blue
    Arrow – Color/Green
    Rectangle – Color/Green

Custom Tool Set #2
    Highligher…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add support for the Data URL scheme

Currently, embedded links which use the Data URL schema are blocked by Adobe Acrobat even when adjusting security settings. Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to support reading these links as they're simply opened in a browser, but we need Acrobat to stop blocking these links. I've attached an example PDF with an embedded data url.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why did Acrobat change the UI to this simplistic, childish design? Terrible, slower to use.

Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Icon in window frame invisibile/undraggable (Osx)

After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

11. Missing PDF display

After the October 2018 release update, if the PDF is opened with the output preview displayed, the display is frequently lost. This has not yet been resolved in update 2019.021.20056. Therefore, PDF checking in prepress is the reason why you should use 2017 instead of DC. I think that it was a problem that can be corrected because it was displayed normally before.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to change signature color in Fill & Sign feature of Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017.

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017. Our management uses Fill & Sign feature frequently for signing various documents.The default color of signature is black and Acrobat Pro 2017 does not allow to change the color of drawn signature. We would request to please introduce this feature in Acrobat Pro 2017 as is available in Adobe Acrobat DC,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for providing your feedback. We have shared this with the engineering team and will let you know in case of any updates.

Regards,
    Sandeep

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add proper LongPath support

Adobe fails to open files when a file path & name exceed MAX_PATH. Windows no longer has a hard path character limit if the LongPathsEnabled key is set in the registry. See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/fileio/naming-a-file#maximum-path-length-limitation

Modern applications are adopting this new standard with the mentioned file management hooks provided by the OS.

Adobe is falling behind in this regard. Please add proper Long Path support.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Extremely slow verification of digital signatures on MAC

When Acrobat tries to verify digital signatures, it checks validity of all certificates included in the signed .pdf document. During this operation, it consults well-known Root CA authorities, locally trusted certificates, but also fetches all certificates from PKCS#11 Digital-ID token (if attached).

Since PKCS#11 Digital-ID tokens might be very slow, fetching certificates from it multiple times during each signature verification takes excessive amounts of time. No caching seems to be used in Acrobat: if the .pdf document contains 6 certificates, all certificates from Digital-ID token are fetched 6 times and this process might take 2.5 minutes.

This is a bug…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: Acrobat looses numbers at Export as HTML, DOC, DOCX

When exporting a PDF to an HTML, DOC or DOCX, ACROBAT DC and also ACROBAT 11 PRO, looses/converts the numbers at the beginning of the row which contains . and 000 (00).
    For example, in word, the number 15.000 becomes a numbered list starting with "15.1" and in HTML becomes the same or disappears completely. This is a very frequent problem, in 100 pdf's 85 of them have this problem on multiple pages.
    Considering that we work with ACROBAT PRO and DC with almost 10000 of pdf's monthly (from 2006) for us is a very serious problem that we have…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. language tags lost

When importing pages from other PDF's, any language identifiers associated with the individual accessibility tags should be imported. Currently the language tags are lost for the documents inserted. Adbobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe DC

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    I have shared your concern with Engineering team. Meanwhile Please share some sample documents via weblink which you are trying to combine so that we can fix it for you.

Thanks
    Rachit

18. Why is there an Edit Text & Images tool in Prepare Form?

In Prepare Form, why can't I use the Select Object Tool to select multiple fields with a marquee anymore? I've always used it in the past but every time I use it now, it automatically switches to Edit Text & Images, which I don't want it to do. This change supposed to be an "improvement" in the most recent update of Acrobat DC, but it has made my job both harder and take longer. Evidently, there's no way turn off Edit Text & Images when you're in Prepare Form, so you're just stuck editing fields without using a marquee to…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS 10.14.5 Mojave won't install - error 1 / other Adobe apps working

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't seem to help. PS and LR seem to be fine.
    Creative Cloud via online. New Mac 15 Pro computer. So first time opening Acrobat on here I think.
    Safari Browser 12.11.1
    No updates for MAC or Adobe needed at this time.
    Reliable internet connection.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Invert colours on images embedded in pdf files.

Hi

I'm visually impaired. I find anything with a white background unreadable.

I can change text and text background colours to make text readable but I cannot find a method to change colours used in images embedded in pdf files.

Please can you add an accessibility option to invert colours in embedded images so black becomes white and white becomes black. NB. All colours will need to be inverted not just black and white.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 179 180
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base