Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Acrobat Crashes immediately on startup using Mac OS Big Sur

Brief title: Adobe acrobat crashes on Mac os Big Sur
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Big Sur
    2. Try to do anything in Adobe acrobat (any version)

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Mac os big sur

Expected result
    Adobe should work

Observed result
    Adobe crashes with the following trace: (attached as trace.rtf)

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

19 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Federated ID: How can we tell Acrobat DC to sign users in automatically? (SSO)

How can we tell Acrobat to automatically sign the user in? Right now, when the user opens Acrobat the first time, they're asked to sign in, click "sign in with an enterprise ID", type their email address, etc. before they can actually use the SSO piece.

Our users log on to their PCs with the same identity the federated ID will use. Is there a registry key or deployment option we can set that will attempt to sign in with the logged in user's identity? We're trying to make this as seamless as possible for our users.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request to revert back the color of icon from black to red for Acrobat Standard DC

Please revert back the icon color of Acrobat Standard DC to red or any other color but black. The black color has poor visibility and not eye friendly.

Request to take it on priory basis if possible as its slow down working speed as we loose the visibility of the icon on taskbar

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Inclusion of Indian classic ODIA language in the OCR tool in Acrobat Pro DC.

The mother-tongue of the people living in the state of Odisha is Odia language. Around 45 million (http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/censusinfoindia_pca/) of people in India and abroad speak Odia language. Odia is a primarily spoken language in the Indian states of Odisha, parts of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. Odia is the official language of Odisha and the second official language of Jharkhand.

The Union Cabinet of India classified Odia as classical language on 20-February-2014. (https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=103967). So far Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia have been declared as classical languages in Indian subcontinent.

Therefore Adobe is…

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bug: Shadows disappear on Windows 10 explorer windows

Adobe Acrobat DC keeps turning off the shadows of my explorer windows. Changing the theme in Acrobat doesn't help.

Workaround if you encounter this problem:

1. Windows key + r

2. Run: sysdm.cpl

3. Advanced

4. on Performance -> Settings

5. Under Visual Effects tab -> Show shadows under windows -> Apply

Probably repeat after restarting Acrobat

94 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Licensing Application hangs after login on Mac OS 10.15.2 (Catalina)

When trying to start the newest version of Adobe Acrobat 2017 for Mac OS on Catalina after logging in with the Adobe ID the Adobe Licensing Application hangs. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-licensing-application-hangs-after-login-on-mac-os-10-15-catalina/td-p/10752118
    The software is unusable.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the FIX tool for Artifacting

When you have elements with no alt-text you get accessibility errors when running the checker. However, if you right click on the error and choose "fix" and walk through the items and mark them as decorative, instead of actually making them an artifact it simply changes the tag to "Artifact" which is not a valid tag and creates other errors. You then have to go in and properly designate the objects as Artifacts properly for the other errors to go away. VERY Frustrating. Come on Adobe Acrobat!

This is a repeatable condition and needs to be fixed immediately please!

Setting…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting us. I have raised the issue with the engineering team. We have kept it our radar and will be fixing it in the near future.

Meanwhile I would suggest you to use Reading Order tool to mark the Figure as Artifact for fixing the issue.

Please update to the latest version of Acrobat Pro DC to experience new features.

Thanks
    Rachit

8. Bug Report - Acrobat Pro DC hangs on external Javascript editor

I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Acrobat DC crashes when clicking Edit PDF

The crash is persistent across all user accounts on this windows 10 computer. I tried checking for updates (none available), repair uninstallation, re-installation, and a clean uninstall using the Adobe cleanup tool. I originally suspected Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit which has been on the computer for over a year, so I uninstalled it but the behavior persists. The faulting module is IDRSKRN15.DLL.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Adobe DC 20.9.20067 Crashes when Zooming

Adobe DC 20.9.20067 crashes when zooming, using CTRL+Click wheel (on mouse).
    Windows 10 Enterprise machine 10.0.18362 Build 18362

We have:
    - Verified there are no updates (Adobe)
    - Reinstalled the program
    - Ran all existing Manufacturer updates (Lenovo)
    - Ran all available Windows updates
    - Altered NVIDIA (Quadro K4200) settings per article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/scrolling-problem-acrobat-pro-dc/td-p/7700173/page/2?page=1

Nothing has stopped this from happening. Please advise what can be done to correct this issue.

*This is an intermittent issue that cannot be easily reproduced. Sometimes Adobe is the only program opened when a crash occurs

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Conversion of PDF to Excel in an erroneous sequence

The included images are screen shots of 2 PDFs we are working with.
    Both are in the same format with different data & overall structure remains the same.
    “Aa” doc was converted as in the same format & structure of the PDF itself,
    but “B” doc was converted with incorrect sequence of data lines.
    To be precise ,in “B” doc the row after “issue date”, With “Buyer: xxxxxxx Vendor:tttttt Manufac Agent:
    Came below the Line:02 row box, after the conversion of doc from pdf to excel.

“Aa-Converted” and “B-convereted” are the converted excel files of Aa & B correspondingly. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Multiple Activation's

Currently, licensed users are limited to only having 2 instances of a product active at any time. Now that users have multiple devices they need to have the product activated on, 2 is no longer enough.

Please can you give us the option to increase the number of computers a license can activate by either creating a more expensive "plus" version or allow us to assign multiple licenses to a single user account.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Link to a specific page in a PDF on my filesystem

Create external links to specific pages in PDF files on my file system, such that directory shortcuts or external links from other programs can be made.
    For example, individual external links to bookmarks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When declining agreements, provide a link back to the Manage menu on the confirmation page

When declining agreements, provide a link back to the Manage menu on the confirmation page. Otherwise, it takes at least 3 clicks to get back to Adobe Sign

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Erase in Paint and Edit in Adobe

In an earlier version of DC I could erase the wrong information in paint, save and close that page. Go back to the original document open a text box and enter the correct information. I try this with this new version and everything messes up. I was in a chat with one of your techs yesterday for almost 3 hours trying to do what I need to do in the 2020 version of Adobe DC. And it looks horrible, takes a lot of time and I hate it. Please Please Please fix this. I have been looking at peoples complaints…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Toolbars not drawn properly on macOS Big Sur Dev Beta

The toolbars in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC are not rendered at all when initially launching the app in macOS Big Sur Dev Beta 2. Resizing the window (including entering full screen) causes the bars to redraw correctly. Also reporting this to Apple.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Could not activate Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.3
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Release: 2017.011.30158

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 in January
    2. Upgrade that mac to 10.15.3
    3. Got a new laptop and transfer all applications from old one to new one
    4. Upgrade the new laptop's macOS to 10.15.3 as well
    5. Try to open Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017
    6. Acrobat Pro 2017 request signing in
    7. Click on "Sign in Now"
    8. Window titled "Acrobat Licensing Application" appears with blank content
    9. Waited for hours and nothing is going on

Fixes tried:
    1.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Acrobat DC crashing on MacBook Pro OS 10.15.6, any time I open Acrobat, it crashes/quits immediately. I can not do anything.

Acrobat DC crashing on MacBook Pro OS 10.15.6.

Any time I open Acrobat, it crashes/quits immediately. I can not do anything. It has been happening since I updated my OS.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Files that I personally created are being password protected randomly.

PDF files that I created are being password protected randomly. This is a major issue because i need to be able to edit/merge these files for work. I did not set up or request a password to be added so I have no idea what password it is looking for.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry for the inconvenience, though this sounds very strange. Can you kindly share the steps you are following to create the pdf. I am asuming it is asking for a password when you are trying to reopen it later – correct me if it is not so.
    Also share the version of the software you are using as well as the version of the Operating system.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 221 222
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base