Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How to get a monthly invoice

1. Sign in to https://account.adobe.com/plans.
    2. Click Manage plan or View plan.
    3. In Billing history, select either:

• to view a PDF of your invoice
      • to send a copy to your email address.
    4. To print the invoice, do one of the following:

• Select the PDF viewer’s Print icon.
      • Choose File > Print in your browser.

For more information and clarity on the above steps please visit this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/print-creative-cloud-invoice.html

314 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

192 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accessibility Errors with PDF Maker Update Sept 2021

Several major bugs have been documented by users in the Adobe Community Forums since Acrobat and PDF Maker were updated on September 14, 2021.

They are:

1: Alt-Text from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted. See https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/alt-text-converting-wrong-from-word-to-pdf/m-p/12393017 This violates the PDF/UA-1 standard which requires that every graphic have alt-text that verbally describes the graphic.

THIS IS A HUGE BUG. You essentially have made Acrobat unusable for those who are required by their country's laws to make fully accessible PDFs.

2: Every cell border on every table cell is being…

182 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

62 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thank you for raising these accessibility issues. The post mentions about the following six bugs being introduced with the update that went live on September 14, 2021:

1: Alt-Text for images from MS Word is not converting into the PDF. Instead, it is dropped and gibberish code is inserted.
    2: Every cell border on every table cell is being tagged as P tag with PathPathPathPath
    3: The underline on Hyperlinks should be tagged as artifacts
    4: Borders and background shadings on Text Boxes are being tagged as a combination of Figure tags and PathPathPath
    5: Paragraph borders and shadings: same deal as #4 above.Per the PDF/UA-1 standard, they are visually decorative and should be artifacted
    6: Dragging and dropping elements in both the Tag and Order panels is now broken

Would like to mention that out of these, #1 and #6 were introduced with the Sep 14…

3. What seems to be a printing bug in 21.007.20091 of Acrobat Reader DC

User has a Citrix virtual desktop with a USB HP printer connected to a Thin Client, and redirected into the Citrix desktop using the Citrix Universal Printer.
    Prior to this version, opening a PDF and printing to that redirected printer presented no problem. On this most recent version it does with a quick "The document could not be printed" error and then it spits out a blank page.
    Ideally I'd like to get my hands on 20.005.20058 to verify this, but I cannot find the full download now. I have however installed an older version 15.*** and this prints just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send monthly Creative Cloud invoices to my email automatically

I know how to access my invoices but it is a hassle, time consuming and easy to forget.

Please send me my invoices by email automatically.

I shouldn't have to log into my creative cloud account, find my latest invoice and click an email me button. Creative Cloud should send me my invoice automatically.

Adobe is able to send me tips, marketing information and other rubbish automatically but the one thing I want, it can't do.

The people reviewing these messages seem to think it is smart to ignore requests by many hundreds of people or even to merge it…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Email notifications for Adobe Admin console

I'd like the ability to receive email notifications when we are reaching our limit of purchased Adobe DC licenses or Adobe Sign transactions so we can purchase more. We use Azure Sync to provision licenses to users so we don't login to the Adobe Admin Console on a daily basis and need a way to be alerted via email when we are low on licenses or transactions.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Redact is broken in 20091

"Apply Redaction" breaks Acrobat DC (latest version)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Constant blank screen when choosing to save documents

Every time I edit a document and then choose to "save as" I just get a blank screen. I have to shut down my entire system and turn back on and it sometimes works, sometimes not!! This is clearly a bug in your system looking at the amount of times it has been reported.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Not all Comments showing by default in commented PDF

Open PDF – note that Acrobat DC reports one comment in sidebar on right of window.

This is on Acrobat Pro DC, up-to-date (version 2021.001.20155), Running on MacOS Catalina (v.10.15.7). Comments were made on Acrobat Reader DC for PC, (version 2021.001.20138)

Expected result – should display the amount of total comments in the PDF.

Observed result – only displays comments once those pages are navigated to or scrolled past.

This has been reproducible on multiple versions of MacOS

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. File > Save As has stopped working

A few days ago Adobe Acrobat updated, and now the File > Save As dialog box comes up blank. Now I am reduced to just saving the file and then saving it to a another file pathname using Windows Explorer. :-(

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Roland,

Thanks for trying out the latest update and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating the issue and will release a fix soon.

Regards,
    Sandeep

10. Can't save file

When I review a downloaded file or make changes to a document and go to save the file I get a blank "Save as PDF" window that never completes loading. If I use [ctrl][s] to save the file I get a message that I don't have write privileges for the document. The program worked fine until yesterday.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe acrobat for CVs / Resumes and Employers

Hi, this is not an actual proposal, however i believe this is a very important feature for millions of users, please read carefully 
    i am sick and tired of submitting resumes / CVs through Linkedin and other platforms and not getting a response, and i am sure Millions of users suffer as i do . Adobe can solve this and here is how ! 

1- A.I, where Adobe acrobat can recognize a a CV, tag it, label it, and save it on the cloud, wait thats not all, what is coming is even better
    :) 
    2- add a feature where a user can get a report…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Acrobat Pro DC 64bit version for Windows 10

When will Adobe be releasing the 64bit version of your Acrobat Pro DC software for users running the 64bit version of Windows 10? I am presently stuck running the 32bit version of Acrobat Pro DC.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export Metadata

Hi all,
    We've tried to add a few metadatas to my PDF file through Indesign (1), such as the title or the author.
    Title works fine, but author does not: to add a second author, I use "," which are converted into ";" right away (2). But when I want to extract pages from the file, all the infos after the first ";" are deleted (3).
    Is there a way to correct this ?
    Thanks
    François

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PDFs all display as yellow

Acrobat updated yesterday (Version 2021.007.20091, used with Windows 10, 10.0.19042 Build 19042) and now all PDFs display with a yellow background, including all images. Changing the disability background color to white fixes the text, but not the images. See attached screenshots. This happens for all PDFs--ones I made 5 minutes ago, ones I made before the bug, ones downloaded off the internet. If I create a new PDF from a Word file, others without the bug on their computer don't see it as a yellow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Links Broken after uploading to Adobe Sign

I have a PDF that conforms to the 1.6 pdf standard. The pdf contains 4 links that link to other pages within the same document. When the document is uploaded to Adobe Sign and sent for signature and re-downloaded, there are 2 problems with it:

1. The number of annotation links is doubled.
    2. The initial links are all broken.

I have attached a copy of the original document and the document after its uploaded to adobe sign and sent for signature.

Repro Steps:
    1. Open "Initial.pdf" and use the "request a signature" menu to send it to Adobe Sign.
    2. Send…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rich Media > too few Player Control options.

Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release | Version 2021.005.20058

ALL or NONE is not enough. In previous versions, we had more player control options in the drop-down list. See this video in forum post from May 2022.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/re-doesn-t-show-video-controls-to-play-and-stop-branched-amp-moved-from-acro-reader/m-p/12071983#M314407

What happened to the other options?

There is no way to stop the video once it starts playing. That's terrible for usability reasons.

Please bring back more player control options.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Interactive button does not load destination page correctly

In an interactive PDF created from InDesign, interactive buttons do not load the destination page correctly when the PDF is viewed using the newest version of Acrobat or Acrobat Reader on a Mac.

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1)Create a 2 page document in InDesign
    2)Fill the second page with placeholder text
    3)Create a bookmark for the second page
    4)Create a button on the first page
    5)Set the button event to On Click
    6)Set the button action to Go To Destination
    7)Set the destination to the bookmark you created in step 3
    8)Export an interactive PDF
    9)Open the PDF and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can't save file

When I review a downloaded file or make changes to a document and go to save the file I get a blank "Save as PDF" window that never completes loading. If I use [ctrl][s] to save the file I get a message that I don't have write privileges for the document. The program worked fine until yesterday.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. PDFMaker is broken within Microsoft Word for MAC on Apple M1

The PDFMaker ribbon for Microsoft Word for Mac (version 16.49) is broken on Apple M1 with the current latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155

The PDFMaker ribbon is installed, the icon visible is greyed out and is missing the export PDF button and the preferences button.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cannot copy some Japanese characters

Copying some Japanese characters with Acrobat Pro DC and Reader for Mac (2021.005.20048) on Big Sur 11.4 does not work, while it is OK with Reader for Windows (2021.005.20048).

Please try this PDF for example.
    https://www.pref.gifu.lg.jp/uploaded/attachment/252764.pdf

Copy and paste of "美濃加茂市" becomes "美濃加 市".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 299 300
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base