Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ANNOYING FLOATING TRASH CAN ON TEXT CALLOUT BOXES

get rid of the trash can on text callout boxes, it gets in the way and serves no purpose

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [Bug Report] Clicking an option from a dropdown form field results in the wrong one being selected

For a long time now I have noticed a peculiar bug that only sometimes rears its head. By now I'm pretty sure it is a bug and not something I'm doing wrong, as I've had this same issue appear in multiple AcroForms that I have made, all with different content.

What happens is illustrated well with the screen recording I made, see the attached file.

How to reproduce:

• This is with an AcroForm drop-down field that has about 200 entries.
    • This drop-down field has the options "Allow user to enter custom text" and "Commit selected value immediately" selected.…

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Why did Acrobat change the UI to this simplistic, childish design? Terrible, slower to use.

Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FIt One Full Page

For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BUG: text box trash can in the way and broke ability to add text to the box!

Sometime in the last few days, Acrobat updated and starting adding a trash can icon whenever you create a text box. The trash can follows the cursor around, and makes it impossible to click in the box and get the text cursor so that you can actually type text in the box you just created. Either the trash can gets in the way so that you're accidentally clicking it, or the text cursor pops up for a fraction of a second and then reverts to the arrow icon. It's maddening.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug - PDF Tag Panel does not match Reading Order Tool by marking all Tags as Span

This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons missing from tool bar.

The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. GET RID OF 'WHO NEEDS TO SIGN FIRST' SCREEN

I am not sure why there is now a screen after I press the fill & sign button that asks who needs to fill and sign first, but it is just 1 more step, one more click I have to make before signing each document I open - very inconvenient. This extra step also seems to slow down the time it takes adobe to open and prepare my document for any sort of editing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Fill and Sign and Adobe Sign (formerly known as Send for Signature) are now consolidated into a single Sign tool where you can either fill & sign a document or get a document signed from others. It includes a simplified experience that asks you who needs to fill and sign first: you or others and then walks you through the steps to complete the task. It’s the one place for all your form filling and signature needs. For detailed information, you may refer to the article What’s new in Adobe Acrobat DC

This is designed behavior, I will check with the team and will share an update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

9. Please add "Add Stamp" button to the customize quick toolbar pane

I would like to be able to add a dynamic stamp to the quick access toolbar, but I am not able to accomplish this. Please see attached Adobe Version and the current quick toolbar. Is this not possible with Adobe DC Pro?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS 10.14.5 Mojave won't install - error 1 / other Adobe apps working

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it doesn't seem to help. PS and LR seem to be fine.
    Creative Cloud via online. New Mac 15 Pro computer. So first time opening Acrobat on here I think.
    Safari Browser 12.11.1
    No updates for MAC or Adobe needed at this time.
    Reliable internet connection.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Acrobat DC crashes hourly Running Mojave

Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hide the new black box when a comment is selected

The new black box (when a comment is selected) gets in the way and obscures the page contents. Add the option in Preferences to turn it off or hide it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Consistency Placing Stamps and Signatures

Hello, I've already had a conversations with one of your representatives, Tanvi Bhalla. She suggested I go this route. If at all possible we would utilize a feature that allows consistency in the placement of signatures and stamps. While the grid feature does help, it is not consistent. We use documents that require signatures and stamps in the same exact locations. It would be beneficial if this could be done electronically and documents look more professional if they are consistent. Maybe a function that allows you to snap to the exact same coordinates every time. I see that there is…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ctrl+F -- Highlight Existing Search Text When Doing a New Find

In previous versions the Ctrl+F box would appear and you would type your text and hit enter. When searching your next text using the Ctrl+F shortcut would automatically highlight the last search text so you could automatically start typing your new 'find' text. With the new update, it doesn't highlight the last search text, instead it puts the cursor at the end of your last text making you backspace the text or stop and click to highlight the text. This is a huge efficiency loss!! Please help!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Greetings! Sorry to hear that you’re facing issues while using the Find tool. We have notified our engineering teams about the issue that you’re facing and we will update you once the issue will get fixed in our upcoming releases.

Thanks,
    Adobe Acrobat DC Team

15. reader dc problem (0:521)

swedish adobe reader dc often stops with text 'Det uppstod ett problem med Adobe Acrobat/Reader Avsluta programmet och försök på nytt om det körs (0:521)'
    this is in a webapplication thet gets invoice pdfs from a webserver and present them inbedded in Internet explorer. next time on the same pdf works fine. it occurs when changing from one pdf to next.

Windows 10, IE 11

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Browser  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jan,

From the logs it looks like the issue is intermittent in your machine. Please confirm it that’s the case.

Meanwhile can you apply the below registry and confirm if that fixes the issue?

o Path: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\FeatureLockDown
    o DWORD Key: bDisallowDLLUnload
    o Value: 1

16. import-export option in acrobat to translate files using xliff or xml

We are looking for years a way to export an xliff or intermediate file like XML from adobe acrobat, translate it and import it back.

Could you add an option like this in future releases?

Thanks!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please give an option to turn off the Acrobat Pro DC startup/recent files page

Please give the option to turn off the Acrobat Pro DC startup/recent files page

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Changing Default Tools on new menu

I like the quick-access to the Tools in Acrobat, but please allow us to select WHICH 4 tools we see. The defaults are Create PDF, Export PDF, Fill&Sign, and Protect, but in my workflow, I almost never use these tools. I use Edit PDF, Combine Files, Organize Pages, and Prepare Form daily, and would very much like to have these on my front page.
    Also, I have the Mobile app already. How do I get rid of the ad asking me to download it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Acrobat Crashes with Multiple Monitors

Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Acrobat and move window from one screen to another.
    Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.) Mac OS 10.14.1, 2018 MacBook Pro
    Expected result: Should not crash
    Observed result: Crashes consistently

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 135 136
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base