Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Acrobat Crashes immediately on startup using Mac OS Big Sur

Brief title: Adobe acrobat crashes on Mac os Big Sur
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Big Sur
    2. Try to do anything in Adobe acrobat (any version)

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Mac os big sur

Expected result
    Adobe should work

Observed result
    Adobe crashes with the following trace: (attached as trace.rtf)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Federated ID: How can we tell Acrobat DC to sign users in automatically? (SSO)

How can we tell Acrobat to automatically sign the user in? Right now, when the user opens Acrobat the first time, they're asked to sign in, click "sign in with an enterprise ID", type their email address, etc. before they can actually use the SSO piece.

Our users log on to their PCs with the same identity the federated ID will use. Is there a registry key or deployment option we can set that will attempt to sign in with the logged in user's identity? We're trying to make this as seamless as possible for our users.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug: FlatDecode does not work for all PNG images in Acrobat Reader

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF DC (21.001.20138) on Windows 10 to open the attached PDFs crashes. We create PDFs ourselves with several hundreds of images and embedding them using FlatDecode to reduce the size of the PDFs however very few images seem not to work in Adobe Acrobat PDF viewer ONLY. Opening the PDFs in Google Chrome as an example works.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scope and associated header cells in tables should show when you hover over a cell

It would be amazing if you didn't have to go all the way inside Cell Properties to check and see what a header cell's scope is set as, and what header cells are associated with any given cell in a table. If, once you were already inside Table Editor, that information would be available when you hover over any given cell (could be a feature that can be turned on or off), it would save so much time and effort in a very tedious job.

When a table is really large or complicated, it can be easy to lose your…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I have shared your concern with the higher management. I’ll update you on the request one I receive a response.

Meanwhile, check out the new features on latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

5. Window cannot be closed after parsing with "Preflight" and "Analyze and fix"

Acrobat Version : Pro 2021.001.20135
    Phenomenon : Window does not close when using preflight fixup

Process :
    1. Open any PDF files
    2. Open Print Production Menu
    3. Click Preflight menu
    4. Choose "Convert to PDF/X-1a (Japan Color 2001 Coated) "
    5. Click Analyze and fix button
    6. Wait until the process is complete
    7. Attempts to close the window after exiting (preflight or main window)

Occur this issue, it is possible to quit Acrobat on the Windows taskbar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. notify user if file is already in use

Prompt or notify user if a PDF file is already open. Currently the file just opens and locks both users from being able to save the file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. remove "Try Acrobat PC Pro" button

Please please give us an option to remove the terrible "Try Acrobat PC Pro" blue button in the tabs bar. There is already more than enough ads for it everywhere: in the tools sidebar on the right, on the home screen, etc.

This button is taking up so much space that could be used to show more tabs! I'm so used to using Adobe and I like it but I think I will switch to another reader if this button is not removed. I even tried installing an older version of acrobat (which was a pain just to find it)…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Preview Fonts in Drop-down List

I've just started using Adobe Acrobat DC, continuous release. I noticed when editing a document, if I select the drop down list of fonts, all of them show the exact same font type in the list. This is really unhelpful, because I don't know what any will look like.

This leaves me with two options. One, choose a font, see what it looks like, and keep it; or if I don't like it go back, click the drop down list, and re-scroll all the way through to find the next font in line and try that one. If I don't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Reflow View - file corruption, pages gets "stuck" in reflow View or change orientation

Have had problem with several files becoming corrupted by using Reflow View. Two things happen:
    1. Some pages get "stuck" in reflow even after closing and reopening the file.

2. The format of some pages changes to Portrait or other design changes occur.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Rae,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Can you please help me with the following info:
    1. The version of Acrobat/Reader you are on.
    2. OS Platform and version.
    3. Sample file on which you are observing the issue.
    4. Share a small video showing the issue via a cloud link along with the detailed description.

With the above info in hand, We would check the issue on our side and provide the solution for the same.

Thanks
    Rachit

10. Error in PDF Maker: tagged lists

When PDF Maker exports PDFs from MS Office, lists are not tagged correctly per the PDF/UA-1 standards.

Each bullet or numeral character should be encased in an Lbl tag. Correct tag structure should be:

L

LI

Lbl (the bullet or numeral character)
    LBody (the body text of the list item)

At this time, PDF Maker does not include the Lbl tag and combines the bullet/numeral within the LBody tag.

This is an incorrect, non-compliant tag structure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Inclusion of Indian classic ODIA language in the OCR tool in Acrobat Pro DC.

The mother-tongue of the people living in the state of Odisha is Odia language. Around 45 million (http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/censusinfoindia_pca/) of people in India and abroad speak Odia language. Odia is a primarily spoken language in the Indian states of Odisha, parts of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. Odia is the official language of Odisha and the second official language of Jharkhand.

The Union Cabinet of India classified Odia as classical language on 20-February-2014. (https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=103967). So far Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia have been declared as classical languages in Indian subcontinent.

Therefore Adobe is…

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC continuously crashing requiring RegEdit to clear log to work

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC continuously crashing requiring RegEdit to clear log to work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug: "No error" message when viewing XFA forms

In version 2021.001.20138 it's impossible to open XFA-based forms (sample attached).

1. Open any XFA form.

2. All you get is an modal message "No error". When you click [OK] then you'll see the "Please wait …" shell PDF of the XFA form, which is generally only shown by PDF viewer that don't support XFA.

3. Tested on Windows 10

4. Display contens of dynamic XFA form

5. Nonsense error message "No error." and display of shell PDF.

The problem is the same in Acrobat Reader DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tolling transactions

Please provide a way to keep count of the number of Transactions done. As of right now, we have to actually go through and count every single one of my completed agreements/transactions to find out how many I have so far; as to not exceed my 150 transaction limit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BUG: optimizing file changes page labels

Over the past several months, we have been having issues with page labeling. We combine single pdf's to one file, change the page labels as needed with new name, save, and when we optimize the file the page labeling changes. So, if I have pages 1-25, page 26 new page label (ie insert1), then the next page shows up as page 26 and not 27 as it was in file before we optimized. We also change pages in the back for Covers, ie C3 and C4. When the file optimizes, the page number switches C4 with C3 and C4 to…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Portfolio PDFs open blank in Protected View

Steps to reproduce:
    Set Protected View to "All files"
    Fully Close Acrobat
    Open a Portfolio PDF by double clicking on the file.

Environment:
    Windows 10 Enterprise version 1909
    Adobe Acrobat DC Pro 20.013.20064

Expected result:
    Portfolio PDF opens without issue. The "enable all features" button appears at the top and can be clicked. The list of files is shown at the top and the document at the bottom. This is observable in version 20.012.20041

Observed result:
    Acrobat opens with both the list of files and the document completely blank. The "enable all features" button appears, but does nothing when clicked…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. [BUG] dgn.de eIDAS certificate not verifying correctly

Certificates issued by dgn.de fail to verifiy even though they're eIDAS compliant. It seems that the certificate which is used to sign the OCSP response is not in the known list (which it should be as it is also an eIDAS certificate). For OCSP the certificate is used: dgnservice qOCSP 23:PN.
    The company has also discovered the issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New Bookmarks ignore the current selection and are always named "Untitled"

In Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Big Sur it is no longer possible to create Bookmarks based on the current text selection. New Bookmarks always get the name "Untitled".

See attached video.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. open in adobe from SharePoint

Please work with MicroSoft and add the ability to open a file in the Adobe desktop app directly from SharePoint and include the ability to save back to SharePoint using the libraries versioning settings. I know we can add libraries via adobe to do this, but I need to access hundreds of libraries and its just too hard the way things are currently setup.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Extra line on a Japanese character that only gets printed and viewed on Adobe Acrobat

When viewing or trying to print the attached P1L1S1.pdf there is a character that is shown in the second image attached, that has an extra gray line visible only at certain zoom - like 400% - or when printed.

The issue is that the same file is printed and looks alright with other PDF viewers and editors - the only software with this issue is Adobe Reader one.

Can you please review this and let me know the cause?

Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 272 273
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base