Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inclusion of Indian classic ODIA language in the OCR tool in Acrobat Pro DC.

The mother-tongue of the people living in the state of Odisha is Odia language. Around 45 million (http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/censusinfoindia_pca/) of people in India and abroad speak Odia language. Odia is a primarily spoken language in the Indian states of Odisha, parts of West Bengal, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh and Andhra Pradesh. Odia is the official language of Odisha and the second official language of Jharkhand.

The Union Cabinet of India classified Odia as classical language on 20-February-2014. (https://pib.gov.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=103967). So far Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Odia have been declared as classical languages in Indian subcontinent.

Therefore Adobe is…

101 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

25 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Shadows disappear on Windows 10 explorer windows

Adobe Acrobat DC keeps turning off the shadows of my explorer windows. Changing the theme in Acrobat doesn't help.

Workaround if you encounter this problem:

1. Windows key + r

2. Run: sysdm.cpl

3. Advanced

4. on Performance -> Settings

5. Under Visual Effects tab -> Show shadows under windows -> Apply

Probably repeat after restarting Acrobat

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Licensing Application hangs after login on Mac OS 10.15.2 (Catalina)

When trying to start the newest version of Adobe Acrobat 2017 for Mac OS on Catalina after logging in with the Adobe ID the Adobe Licensing Application hangs. See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-licensing-application-hangs-after-login-on-mac-os-10-15-catalina/td-p/10752118
    The software is unusable.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug Report - Acrobat Pro DC hangs on external Javascript editor

I’m trying to edit Javascript in an external editor. This has worked for years until just now. I’ve tried Brackets and TextWrangler with the same failure. Acrobat launches the external editor, and waits until the editor process is no longer running. This means that you actually have to quit the editor after saving the document in order to make Acrobat respond to your input again. This is fine, it has always worked in the past. But now when I quit the external editor, Acrobat remains unresponsive because it's waiting for the external editor to close, even though it’s already closed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe DC 20.9.20067 Crashes when Zooming

Adobe DC 20.9.20067 crashes when zooming, using CTRL+Click wheel (on mouse).
    Windows 10 Enterprise machine 10.0.18362 Build 18362

We have:
    - Verified there are no updates (Adobe)
    - Reinstalled the program
    - Ran all existing Manufacturer updates (Lenovo)
    - Ran all available Windows updates
    - Altered NVIDIA (Quadro K4200) settings per article: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/scrolling-problem-acrobat-pro-dc/td-p/7700173/page/2?page=1

Nothing has stopped this from happening. Please advise what can be done to correct this issue.

*This is an intermittent issue that cannot be easily reproduced. Sometimes Adobe is the only program opened when a crash occurs

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Acrobat DC crashes when clicking Edit PDF

The crash is persistent across all user accounts on this windows 10 computer. I tried checking for updates (none available), repair uninstallation, re-installation, and a clean uninstall using the Adobe cleanup tool. I originally suspected Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit which has been on the computer for over a year, so I uninstalled it but the behavior persists. The faulting module is IDRSKRN15.DLL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

Could you please turn off the Fill & Sign Pop Up? Why do you hate your customers?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Could not activate Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.3
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Release: 2017.011.30158

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 in January
    2. Upgrade that mac to 10.15.3
    3. Got a new laptop and transfer all applications from old one to new one
    4. Upgrade the new laptop's macOS to 10.15.3 as well
    5. Try to open Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017
    6. Acrobat Pro 2017 request signing in
    7. Click on "Sign in Now"
    8. Window titled "Acrobat Licensing Application" appears with blank content
    9. Waited for hours and nothing is going on

Fixes tried:
    1.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Conversion of PDF to Excel in an erroneous sequence

The included images are screen shots of 2 PDFs we are working with.
    Both are in the same format with different data & overall structure remains the same.
    “Aa” doc was converted as in the same format & structure of the PDF itself,
    but “B” doc was converted with incorrect sequence of data lines.
    To be precise ,in “B” doc the row after “issue date”, With “Buyer: xxxxxxx Vendor:tttttt Manufac Agent:
    Came below the Line:02 row box, after the conversion of doc from pdf to excel.

“Aa-Converted” and “B-convereted” are the converted excel files of Aa & B correspondingly. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Exporting PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Accessibility Checker to check at WCAG in line with PAC3 App checker

We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Printing/scanning issues after update 2020.009.20063

I am working at an MSP currently. Two separate customers are experiencing issues with printing/scanning after update 2020.009.20063 on Reader and Acrobat DC.

If you try to scan a document that is multiple pages it will freeze after the first page.

We attempted repairs and reinstalls but were unsuccessful with both.

Workstations are running W10.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. LogTransport Application (LogTransport2.exe) maxes out CPU usage

As the title says, LogTransport Application (a process listed under Adobe Acrobat DC in the Windows Task Manager) basically runs at full throttle and maxes my CPU (well, one core).

I can tell when this starts because my laptop's fans start going.

This problem started around about the most recent Acrobat update, so mid May.
    Current version is:
    Acrobat DC, 2020.009.20065
    Windows 10 Pro 1903

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Expandable fields in Acrobat DC/Pro especially since users are not able to print all text content from scrollable field boxes.

Expandable fields in Acrobat DC/Pro is a necessity especially since users are not able to print all text content from scrollable field boxes. LiveCycle is transitioning out to Adobe Experience manager and this feature should be included within Acrobat DC/Pro in order to provide a smooth transition. It is a feature request that I've seen on message boards for quite a few years. Please take this into consideration.

Thank you!

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Recent documents keep disappearing

Links to my recent documents keep disappearing from the Recent list. The message says: "There aren't any recent files". Acrobat is currently up to date on my Windows 10 laptop. This is happening sporadically, with recent docs appearing as expected for some time, then vanishing without explanation, sometimes while I'm looking at the list Acrobat Pro DC.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. "an invalid json was specified"

I get the following error after specifying were the recipients should sign:

"Could not Send"
    "an invalid JSON was specified"

It works when I send it to my personal email but doesn't work when i send it to the intended recipients.

I also tried to change the language and removed the special characthers and it didn't work.

Please help me with this.

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spell check as you type

I'd like to have spell check AS I TYPE while writing post-it note comments in Acrobat. Every other form field in the world checks spelling as you type...but not Acrobat. Why? This is a ridiculous product limitation!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add the folder sharing option in the adobe document cloud

I can share files located in the adobe document cloud, but can't share folder or tree of folders with files. Please consider adding the sharing option for a folder or tree of folders with files in the adobe document cloud.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Recent files" bug under macOS Catalina? No files show (yes, in Home view)

File management issue. Or UI issue.

No recently opened files appear at all. Not in the Open Recent menu, not after I choose to show all recent files.

Yes, even in the Home view.

(And now the UserVoice form is not allowing me to post my report. Perpetual "Server Communications problems! Please try again.") message.)

Slows me down a bit.

In MacOS (Catalina 10.15.3).
    Acrobat:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 20.6.20042.371807
    AGM: 4.30.98
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.45402

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Editing Arabic text in pdf leads to corrupted pdf

We discovered a word that need to be replaced during our final pdf output from Framemaker so we edited the pdf. Once we copied the Arabic word from our excel spread sheet the entire book became corrupted by scrambling letters, changing font appearances and reversing parenthesis and other characters. Need this fixed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 204 205
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base