Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

372 results found

1. In order to meet contract requirements at work, I need to convert Word documents into section 508-compliant PDFs on a regular basis. In order to pass the accessibility check in Adobe Acrobat, each figure needs to have alt-text assigned and each table needs to have a table summary assigned. I know how to do this in Adobe Acrobat, but I would like to assign these items in Microsoft Word for efficiency. We often have to create multiple PDFs of the same Word document during the revision/editing process, and having these items already assigned in Word would eliminate rework. Also, we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As of today, there is no plugins developed for Microsoft Visio 64 bit.
    This feature will enhance generating the PDFs (e.g. retaining the layers from Visio) which is already provided/developed for 32bit application.

This will also help in securing the compatibility with office 365 applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I don't want to leave adobe, copy the file on my computer, then load it back into adobe to edit a copy of a PDF I just made.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I wanted to request a new feature on Acrobat Pro. The feature of creating a living document. For example: I am creating a job fair and job posting on giving to me on a daily basis. If I post the link on a job board , it should have the most update job vacancies . Not create a link every time. I should be the one with the password of the specific link , and the authority to update it, but other people can view it on a daily basis and see the changes. Looking forward to see some changes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to combine a batch of pdfs for printing that would insert a blank page after an odd-pages-containing file, so that when I print the whole batch, it prints well for insertion into a binder. When only one document is updated, only the single file can be printed for insertion. For example, Document A has three pages, but the combine feature would make it four pages so that when I print the binder, the next document starts on the first part of the next sheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This issue applies to MS Word 365 with Acrobat DC Pro Add-in.
    Word version: Microsoft® Word for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2201 Build 16.0.14827.20158) 64-bit
    Adobe Acrobat DC version: 2022.001.20117
    Background story:
    When the MS Word 365 Acrobat add-in is used to create a PDF (with create from headings selected in the Adobe preferences), bookmarks are created in the PDF output navigation panel as expected (refer to fig 3), but some of the headings do not link to their correct page when you click on them (they all default to page 1, top of the document). The affected styles are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. PDFs are traditionally considered static documents that offer consistency between printed and on-screen outputs. However, this creates an inherent limitation in the utility of portable documents. Consider the old static landing pages of Web 1.0; minimal interactivity and stylization eventually gave way to dynamic webpages in Web 2.0. Much in the same way, “Dynamic PDFs” have the potential to help document creators grow and communicate their thoughts more efficiently. Two specific use cases are outlined below:

a) In Book Publishing

A writer would like to convert their Word document into a digital book with dynamic art; thanks to Adobe, this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. EXCELで異体字(IVS)を設定したファイルをPDFMakerで変換すると異体字が化けます。
    Adobe PDFプリンタやExcelの別名保存でのPDFは正常。
    2019年のコミュニティにて報告したが、2022/5/19時点でのEXCEL及びAcrobatの最新版でも解消されていないことを確認しました

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Append to existing PDF feature for the Adobe PDF Printer like PrimoPDF.

I print multiple sheets out of Excel to send for signatures but not all sheets and to append them together would be ideal. So, for now, I print the PDF in PrimoPDF because it has this feature, then send the PDF package via Adobe Sign.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Often when exporting a file as a PDF, I will accidentally have the old version already open. I then receive a message saying "Cannot save to the file "xyz.pdf", because it is already open."

It would be helpful if there was an option to "save anyway and overwrite open file", so that I don't have to cancel the export process, close the open PDF file, and then go through the export process again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot Combine Adobe PDFs through Context Menu

I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and when trying to use the right-click context menu to Combine Adobe PDFs into a single file, Adobe Acrobat DC opens up, but nothing happens for 1-2 minutes. This will happen whether I select one file, multiple files, a small file (100KB<) or a larger file (>2MB). I need to combine PDFs as part of my daily duties, and waiting literally hours every day to combine my PDFs is horribly inefficient.

Versions: Adobe Acrobat DC Version: 21.007.20099, running Windows 10 Pro Enterprise (GC) 1803.

One would expect…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tried to create a PDF off a web page. If the first word of the page title is with a colon, it couldn't get it save to local. Instead, seems my Adobe Acrobat DC is looking for the network drive and save it there. If the first word named "Making: steps to make a cake", then Acrobat will try to save the created PDF from the web page to the network drive "Making:", which basically doesn't exist. I am not sure if this will open up any risk for hackers trying to get onto anyone network drive (doesn't sound like…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. With WORD (2016) and PDFMaker:

When creating PDF maker and asking it to convert the Document's Headings / Styles to Bookmarks; It does not include some characters in the bookmarks.

Characters such as Non-Breaking Hyphen. There may be others also.

[ Special characters are inserted into work using INSERT > SYMBOL > MORE SYMBOLS > SPECIAL CHARACTERS ]

Also the Case of text characters is taken from STYLE information, rather than from TYPED characters (I.e. from the FORMATTING, rather than the DATA). If for example the style specified all text in UPPERCASE. Then the bookmarks will be also in UPPERCASE..…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Yesterday I applied updates to both Acrobat Pro DC and Office on macOS 11.6.2, so I'm not sure whether is regression was caused by Office or Acrobat.

Office was updated to version 16.58 (22011201)
    Acrobat was updated to version 2021.011.20039

Now:

1. When I launch PowerPoint, I get an error (see attached image): PowerPoint couldn't load the add-in /Users/admin/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized/Startup.localized/PowerPoint/SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam

Indeed: the SaveAsAdobePDF.ppam file no longer exists.

1. Word no longer contains the Acrobat add-in in the ribbon. If I open User Content.localized/Startup.localized/Word/linkCreation.dotm and enable macros when prompted, the Acrobat add-in loads into that document, but that's it. It does not…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The PDFMaker ribbon for Microsoft Word for Mac (version 16.49) is broken on Apple M1 with the current latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155

The PDFMaker ribbon is installed, the icon visible is greyed out and is missing the export PDF button and the preferences button.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In recent versions of Word (say the last 6 months), the option "Enable Accessibility and Reflow with tagged Adobe PDF" causes text to be omitted from paragraphs that contain inline images (so obviously it can't be enabled when creating PDFs).

Disabling the feature in the global settings causes the plugin to crash frequently. Disabling through the "Options" dialog in the "Save Adobe PDF File As" dialog avoids the crashing behavior ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

However, confirming a change in that "Options" dialog causes the plugin to ignore the global per-style bookmark inclusion settings (overwriting them with "Include all" or so).

All this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When a table is exported from Word into Adobe pdf, tables are tagged incorrectly. To pass, very tedious fixes are needed. Please fix this bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When saving as pdf from Outlook, the sent time on the email in question (in Outlook) sometimes does not agree with the sent time shown in the pdf (in Acrobat). The current file I'm looking at differs by 1 minute - which may not seem like much, but may matter in legal cases.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I try to create a PDF from a Web Page, it usually works fine, but most websites doesn't works well. It takes a lot of time; it appears 0 KB downloaded in the progress bar for some minutes, then returns an error "Timed Out.".

The same error occurs when using the Adobe Acrobat extension on Google Chrome.

I'm using the most updated version 2021.011.20039.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1 Pro
    Build: 21.11.20039.0
    AGM: 4.30.115
    CoolType: 6.0.3
    JP2K: 2.0.4.50016

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)