Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1529 results found

1. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro ("Continuous Release" version 21.11.20039.0), I understand how to search multiple PDF's, but I want to constrain the search to multiple OPEN PDF's. I don't want to look in ALL the files in a folder, and I prefer not to move the relevant files to a subfolder (although that is the workaround hack I have to use for now).

You should add a feature that allows the user to search within OPEN documents. Please and thank you

(User context: I am working on a review article, and citing various published studies. I can't remember which…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When I set the Window settings to Spreadsheet Split and then double-click the handle to remove the horizontal split, Acrobat crashes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The signature dialog forms in Adobe Acrobat on macOS feature a default button (in blue) that do not trigger when hitting the return key on the keyboard, which in my view should happen. Any chance of supporting this long-held convention? Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When I open a PDF from Web page, it only lets me save to online storage. The save icon is greyed out. Stop trying to make me use your online storage! We do not pay for Acrobat DC to have you disable basic features like saving an unaltered pdf from my company web page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tool buttons should also collapse the Tools Pane not just expand it. Thus, you can eliminate the "Close" button. It's more intuitive to expand and collapse from the same button. This behavior already happens with the Navigation Pane buttons.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The feature Open PDF from the last session was used, whenever I open a PDF file by double click to this file (Eg: A.pdf)
    Adobe Acrobat opened the A.pdf and after a few seconds, the previous PDF was loaded and viewing switched to the old one not retain the A.pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Your two step user validation requires a cell phone to receive the code to validate the user. My cell always seems to be someplace else. Why not send it also to another web page that would require another login to retrieve. Both a keyboard and a phone are a pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The user's color "pie" displaying login for company versus personal should stay constant.

During sign-in a user chooses company profile (orange "pie") versus personal profile (blue pie).

Once user operating and using the "pie" is goes to blue even when I choose company.

This color choice should stay after choice and be consistently staying for the particular browser window or smartphone or (whatever device). I am login out and in just to confirm I am in the correct part (company or personal).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I look at a pdf in 2 page view without "show gap" I get this annoying dashed line down the centre - add an option to remove it because it's ugly and pointless

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please turn off the annoying 'Tools Pane' & 'Task Pane,' on the right-side of the screen by default. In addition, it would be very much appreciated, if the user was given ONE, easy step/setting to enable/disable them. While I can go up to View -> Show/Hide and uncheck the Tools Pane, it only hides part of the annoying panes on the right since it's little annoying sidekick the "Task Pane" remains open. I have to hit the little arrow to hide that as well, but even then it still doesn't collapse 100% so it still takes up a little bit…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I work with a lot of floor plans and need to compare them between different documents. What would save me a ton of time is being able to match the pan and zoom actions between two tiles windows. So that when I zoom or pan to an area in one window, the pan/zoom is duplicated in the other window. This should work weather the two windows are of the same document of completely different documents. I realize I would have to have both windows looking at the same area and at roughly the same zoom level before turning this feature…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. there needs to be an option to not automatically renew.
    there needs to be an option to remove a CC without interrupting the current active plan.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please give users a way to disable contextual tips. This disrupts my work and it's irritating. I got a new iMac last year and did a clean install of the Adobe apps I use via the Creative Cloud app. Contextual tips have never stopped popping up.

Please make this stop. Please. Please. Please.

See the attached screen shot for the one that disrupts me most often.

Yes, I've searched your forums and posted about this repeatedly. Now I'm doing so via the Feedback feature in the app.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please revert back the icon color of Acrobat Standard DC to red or any other color but black. The black color has poor visibility and not eye friendly.

Request to take it on priory basis if possible as its slow down working speed as we loose the visibility of the icon on taskbar

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Action Wizard is missing the option to "Save a Copy"
    This would be helpful to recreate files tagged with security labels that have had their fillable fields removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For Windows PC, please provide a General Preference Option to close/exit the Acrobat Pro DC program when closing the only open tab/document.

We open a document then review, save and close it. The program window remains open thus blocking the desktop and forcing us to exit the program manually. While that sounds like a minor inconvenience or inconsequential, in reality its very frustrating and time consuming. We consider it to be a Quality of Life issue that disrupts workflow processes and would like to see it resolved.

An option to "Minimize window on final document/tab exit and maximize window…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Microsoft Edge overwrites the default pdf program no matter how many times you change it back. You cannot even delete Edge to get it to stop doing it. Microsoft denied that it is possible for their program to change my default app without my permission when I contacted their tech support. Adobe should sue Microsoft. This is very frustrating, especially when you paid for the program and Microsoft can do this without your permission.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why is there an ad for e-signatures in the tool menu. It's embarrassing that I'm being advertised to in a $200/year program. It is also breaking the UI by forcing a scroll bar in the tool menu when there was none before the ad.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. figure out to keep the open page one size instead of broadcasting a bunch of features i don't want. don't lock-up my session insisting i tour your garbage signature feature.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow me to set a preference that Adobe will NOT display that annoying home screen (the one with all my recent files listed) Just what I need, another open window to get in the way.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?