Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1676 results found

1. Put it back the way it was. Changing the way it looks does not help and makes it harder to use. I am wasting my time looking for stuff. This new interface sucks.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Where is my menu bar in Acrobat? I used to have it at the top. Now I don't see it. I right click as the help indicates, but I don't see an option to show/hide the menus. What's happening here? I don't know what version I'm running. I can't even seem to find that either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The icons are way too small and are greyed out so not very legible
    also the most important icons are buried in the bottom right so drop off your screen completely - the most common thing u do when opening a pdf is to enlarge or shrink the size, its a right pain hunting the icons to do that, every time.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow users to hit the escape key to dismiss pop-ups (such as asking to try the new Acrobat experience), rather than forcing use of the mouse. Even better would be not to pop the messages up altogether. Even Microsoft Office products allow the escape key to dismiss its annoying pop-ups.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I HATE!!!!!! this new layout - I can not find any of the tools I use multiple times a day.. WHY WHY WHY did you have to reformat the entire program layout????

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Your new interface is complete garbage. I have been using this software for years, and while I have been able to adapt to a lot of changes, you swapping the location of the bookmarks and tools is completely unwarranted and terrible. This is literally painful to look at. Who ever thought this was a good idea should go live in computer purgatory with that stupid Microsoft paperclip.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The current Acrobat Pro User Interface/UI hides simple features from users and forces them to type a search request to locate them. E.g., I want to "crop" a PDF. Previously this option was a click or two away in some rationally-organized menu. Now I have to type "crop" into a search field and hope I move fast enough to capture the "TOOLS...crop" search suggestion before it disappears and the search bar unhelpfully tells me that "No matches can be found" in the PDF document (combining "Help" suggestions and document word searches in one search bar field is confusing).

Please put…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. go back to the old view where I could pin the tools I want to the top. The new view is horrible!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To create a better school system for the kids that don't like to listen to the Educator's or do Art assignments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please stop changing the Acrobat interface every year. It is very frustrating and time wasting to find the basic tools that I use to navigate documents. A basic thing like Marquee Zoom and other basic tools should be obvious and accessible, not buried in menus. I've wasted an hour this morning and whilst I can find the tool now, no idea how to add to standard tool bar. Stop doing this!!!!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use Acrobat DC. I recently started using the new UI in December 2023. I think it is much worse than the previous UI. Functions that used to be in the top menu bar are now divided into two menu bars on the sides of the screen, while the area where they used to be is just an empty bar, a complete waste of space. This means there is a narrower part of the screen for the document. Maybe this is why they made it so that you can either see comments, or see bookmarks, but not both at the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The AI Assistant is not something I am interested in. The button for it appears even though the feature is disabled and it is very easy to hit it, as it is right next to buttons I use all the time. I would like to make it go away, but that, I'm told by Adobe tech support, is impossible.

Having a feature that is still in beta and that is of no use to me brought to my attention so often is annoying. (It's the one colorful button in a corner of the screen where the USEFUL buttons are all…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The latest page layout is so confusing. Why did you do this to us?! It's one thing to update looks and add/subtract features. But you swapped sides. Now all editing tools are on the left and navigation (bookmarks etc.) are on the right. Why do this? That just slows us down and confuses us when we are used to it being editing on the right and navigation on the left. There doesn't seem to be a purpose in swapping them except to torment us. Perhaps you can add a preference in settings where we can make the layout as we…

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I loved Adobe Acrobat Pro version 2022.003.20282. I detest version 2024.001.20604. The old tools were far more user friendly and reliable. The new tools are clumsy, the new version keeps pushing the AI tools that I don't want, the new version tries to default to file protection which prohibits me from highlighting text. Speaking of highlighting, the old version let me highlight text with one click, the new version makes me click multiple times and then forgets my choice, wasting time and effort.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Why-oh-why does the measuring tool keep disappearing from my toolbar list down the right hand side of my screen.
    I want it to stay there with all the other tools that stay there by default.
    Why do you keep messing with an interface that should just work when I am signed in?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Quit ****** around with the user interface! It takes a valuable amount of time to RELEARN where the **** everything is. Then after 4-5 months of ******** at your screen because you don't use it every day, you finally get where everything is. Then the next big update the **** cycle starts over!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I genuinely am not enjoying the new UI on Adobe. It is clunky, time-consuming, not intuitive, and really quite difficult to navigate. I know it's new, but I've been using it for weeks now and really am struggling with it.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have Adobe Pro. It won't open multiple .pdf documents on different screens. I have 4 x monitors, run a business and need to open different documents, including different .pdf documents on different screens at the same time.

I contacted your help desk and spoke with Shr who advised that the Open Documents as New Tabs in Different Windows is no longer available in Adobe Pro, and if I disable New Acrobat, it disables the Open Documents as New Tabs in Different Windows feature in Adobe Pro. REALLY!!.

Try opening 4 x .pdf documents on one screen and copy and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back the interface where all tools are at the top. In the latest interface various functions are spread out amoung the upper left corner, the top right corner, the bottom left corner, and then some more in the menu bar at the top. Um, who thought this was a good idea?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sidebars used to have ability to be hidden by default, but now cannot be; please bring this feature back. I work with many drawings saved as PDF in landscape layout, and with the sidebars automatically open at start the files are always shrunk to fit-to-width, which means my workflow is impacted by needing to close these side bars every time the files are open.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?