Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

237 results found

1. When using the Save As Other> Reduced Size PDF... function available in Acrobat Pro, I have discovered that in the automated optimization process, Acrobat is removing random characters throughout the text. I am only experiencing this issue using that function specifically. I do NOT experience the missing characters when I use the Save As Other> Optimized PDF... function. I am on the most Up-to-Date version of Acrobat Pro (v 22.0). There is no pattern that I can trace to which characters go missing in this process. They are typically different letters that go missing, they are not on any specific…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Offer the option to have pop-up/warning or confirmation before possible deletion of files. Specially, upon exporting, but at all times.
    A way of double-checking the request is correct. This program is used for important information that many do not want to lose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi all,
    We've tried to add a few metadatas to my PDF file through Indesign (1), such as the title or the author.
    Title works fine, but author does not: to add a second author, I use "," which are converted into ";" right away (2). But when I want to extract pages from the file, all the infos after the first ";" are deleted (3).
    Is there a way to correct this ?
    Thanks
    François

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dear Adobe support,

There've been numerous bug reports on very similar font issues like mine in the past, but this bug here can be reproduced so easily, that I need to get the word out to you.

Bug Description:

I'm running a windows 10 pro x64 machine with InDesign CC (17.0.1 x64) to create pdfs. For viewing I rely on Acrobat Pro DC (2021.011.20039), but I keep getting this bug constantly (even with the standard Reader and on Mac!).

The important point now is the use of the font style called Rubik Light, because every single time I make use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide option in Export to allow a range of pages to be exported as alternate formats, e.g. JPEG files

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A team member needed to edit a PDF so he selected the Edit tool and made his edits. While still in "Edit mode" he selected the "Export PDF" tool and exported the file to Word. He then shared his file with others for review & translation. Problem was, the above steps created a Word doc with "locked" text boxes, meaning all the content (headers, body text, bullets, etc.) were in text boxes that could not be resized, ultimately resulting in jumbled content on any given page.

We were able to identify the cause of the problem only after a considerable…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When I convert a Word to PDF and then from convert the PDF to HTML, the hanging indentation of the number list is not aligned. Please see the upload file. the top file is the Word, middle file is pdf and last file is HTML. No problem in the PDF file but problem exists in HTML file (the first line of the a paragraph does not indent in a tab size).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like the ability to Save As... a range of pages instead of the whole PDF. For Example. What I mean by range of pages is Page 20 to 40 in a 100 page PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Acrobat Reader likes to auto-generate URLs and other links.
    This is generally good for users, and they can turn it on or off.

However, there are times when distributing that clients don't want them. It is possible to change global settings, but it creates problems for bookmarks, internal links, and accessibility.

So, it would be great if there could be a feature to prevent the auto-generation of links in Acrobat, so only the ones that will exist are by design.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In a prior version there was a quick button that allowed a user to quickly and easily send the document to an email program to forward to a customer without having to use the Cloud. Would be great to have that option again!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Why is there always something not working properly in Adobe?

I want to export all pages in one PDF to ONE SINGLE IMAGE FILE, not a separate image for each **** page. Why is that so impossible to do? It is frustrating - my goodness.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. TLDR: expected result is that fonts will look the same in exported JPEG as they do in the PDF (when displayed 1:1). They currently don't.

When exporting to JPEG from PDF, even at max quality setting, embedded fonts have no smoothing/anti-aliasing applied when rasterized and look very choppy. Especially if exporting for web at 72ppi. Only way to mitigate (without fully resolving) this is to export at some absurdly high resolution (600+). We need not only resolution settings but dimension settings for JPEG export settings, and the embedded fonts need to be rasterized at that size and resolution / have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. There used to be an add-on feature that allows the "last slide view" button to actually work in PPT when exporting to PDF. Unfortunately it seems that only the back, next, home, last or first works... but not the last slide view. That would be extremely helpful when working with interactive document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The attached file consistently crashes Acrobat on compression or exporting. This is a user guide from an open source project.

The guide is on GitHub at https://github.com/nextgenhealthcare/connect/. The file is at https://www.nextgen.com/-/media/Files/nextgen-connect/nextgen-connect-310-user-guide.pdf.

Here is my system report output:

Account Detail:
    User Rights: Admin
    User Account Control: Limited
    Process Integrity: Medium
    Profile Type: None
    Acrobat Detail:
    Sandboxing: Off
    Protected View: Off
    Captive Reader: No
    Multi-Reader on Desktop Support: Off
    Applications Installed:
    Office Version: Office 2016 64-bit
    Outlook Version: Outlook 2016 64-bit
    Available Physical Memory: 1061952 KB
    Available Virtual Memory: 3683880 KB
    BIOS Version: DELL - 1072009
    Default Browser:
    Default…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Arabic language PDF are not converted to text in versions

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When exporting a PDF from Word recently the page numbering got messed up. It should have been 1 of 21, 2 of 21, etc. Instead what I got was 1 of 2, 2 of 3, etc.

I just tried it now on what should be the same Word file with no changes (and no changes to my Options settings) and it correctly numbered the pages.

When this happened earlier I did a Save as Adobe PDF in Word and the page number came out correctly. Word had always displaying the numbering correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to upload some medical records to the website of a new healthcare provider. I currently have these records in PDF form. The website requires that documents to be uploaded be in the form of HL7 compliant XML files. Simple XML files will not work.

I asked for chat help on your website. The chat assistant, Ajita, said that this function was not currently supported. I said I wanted to convey a suggestion to your organization to add this function. Ajita gave me this link.

I feel that this function could be of interest to many people as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We are coming from a firm that used to have Kofax Power PDF.
    We decided to switch applications and go to Adobe since it integrates well with iManage. There is one feature that user's loved in Kofax which is the way to convert files from a PDF to another application just by Right-Clicking on a PDF on your Desktop for instance and converting it in to Word. You have it for converting Word, Excel, and so on to PDF. Why not include converting PDF in to other applications by right clicking. This way users dont have to open up the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here