Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1540 results found

1. Most PDF documents I open are for viewing (prefer to open in DC Reader that is got my preferred tool bar arrangements) and seldom for editing (which can be 'open with' DC Pro). Since I have both DC Reader and DC Pro installed, it does not allow me to 'open with' DC Reader anymore, even though I get option on the right-click to open menu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow the possibility of moving the Find Dialog Box out of the text window. As it is, the the box obscures part of the text I'm reading, which I find very annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Return to Acrobat from another app without having to choose from the 2 dozen open PDFs, just go to the one I was last working with.

The PDFs often have many meaningless names from the scanner, such as SKMC30821051311590.pdf, SKMC30821051706480.pdf, etc.

Running my mouse over the images to pick one can be helpful, but most PDFs are 17x11 format or larger drawings, so a little thumbnail doesn't always help because I lose so much detail due to large format. Also, if they are not my own engineering drawings, I won't recognize them easily anyway.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WHEN WORKING IN A PDF PACKAGE. ACROBAT WILL NOT SAVE THE VERTICAL VIEW CONFIGURATION? ACROBAT DEFAULTS TO THE WINDOW/SPLIT 'HORIZONTAL' VIEW?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have several mouses that have horizontal-scroll features. However, I am not able to use this for horizontal scroll. On MacOS, one can also use the shift button to change a vertical scroll to a horizontal one, but this is not working as well.

Using a trackpad, however, can scroll horizontally

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having to open many PDF files from a folder, and having to process each in file in its filename order, Acrobat does not group / sort the tabs in order. Selecting multiple files, will create the tabs in whatever order the program wants.

The tabs have to be dragged into order manually. This is a constant gripe with the software. A simple button to sort the tabs by file name, ascending or descending, would make life a lot easier and quicker when having to work on hundreds of files a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When PDF is double clicked Adobe will start and reopen all existing PDFs in new instance.
    The serialization should be on instance basis i.e. opening a PDF document should not open already opened files in another instance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be great if you could create a PDF with a hierarchal navigation. For example, if the page thumbnails could switch to a hierarchal view so you could build sitemaps or app navigation maps using screenshots of a website or app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I want to be able to expand the entire pdf document quickly by a specific percentage - say 150% or 175% or 200% - for easier viewing. Editing every section is much too cumbersome. This will also make viewing more accessible for people with vision problems.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The version used above will not display "all recent files". When this option is selected, takes you to a blank page and the search function doesn't work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I work at a Library and we just purchased Adobe Professional for our public computer lab. Unfortunately, I was just told by support that there is no way to use Adobe Pro without having to sign in. We do not want to have to sign in for each user that needs it plus I do not want to stay signed in with my user name. It is absolutely ridiculous that there is no work around or a registry edit that would allow the sign on screen to be removed. Surely, we are not the only ones where having to sign…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe (XI/Pro) was better before.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 11.0\Acrobat\plug_ins\Annots.api
    Version: 11.0.10.32
    Creation Date: 2014/12/03
    Creation Time: 08:32:16

For some obscure reason, now it wants to process the document or verify signatures when i open the document. ....... and I have to sit there and wait ! .......

That's not what I want.

I want it to poen in less than 1 second.
    Then I want to check something on that document (think like paper document" in 2 seconds.
    And then I want to close it again in 1 second.

Your are not doing that ! ,....... you're stealing my time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. USING WINDOWS 10, WHEN BINDING PDF FILES, ACROBAT GRABS FOCUS FROM ANY OTHER PROGRAM, FOR EACH PDF FILE BOUND.

THIS MEANS THE COMPUTER IS COMPLETELY UNUSABLE UNTIL ACROBAT FINISHES THE BINDING PROCESS.

WHEN BINDING LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES THIS PROCESS CAN TAKE SEVERAL MINUTES.

PLEASE DISABLE THIS FOCUS GRABBING BEHAVIOUR.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please let users create a quick tool that allows to show/hide the tool pane. Alternatively, let users open the tooI pane as a pull down menu. Basically, I am only asking to get back what we had in previous versions of Acrobat Pro where tools would open as a pull down menu. It would be nice to show/hide the tool pane without mental effort, without scratching the head about memorized keyboard shortcuts (I understand that I can do so via SHIFT+F4 but then users have a lot of keyboard shortcuts to remember across a lot of software tools.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a means of increasing the number of folders that are displayed when in the "Save As" dialogue. You could also just use File Explorer and do away with the "Landing Page" as I more often than not end up selecting a displayed folder and then selecting another folder from there. Most inconvenient unless you always work in the same five folders. This is one of the nicest features of the "backstage" in Office apps (setting the number of recently used files or folders in "Options"). Having the ability to increase the number of folders displayed in "Files>Computer" on the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I use the Find/Replace feature far more than the other tools that Adobe is promoting. And yet this is the only tool that I can't move to a sidebar! It overlays the text and blocks view of the material you're searching. At least before I could drop it into the header bar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it work. I have checked this box twenty times and I am still asked every single time if I want to close all tabs

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Frequently I have to combine files that I have opened in Adobe from a scanned version. When using the Combine Files tool, there's an option to "Add Open Files." This feature is super nifty by incredibly vague. Once you select which files you want to be working with, it adds them to a preview screen -- the order of which is the reverse of the order you have the files actually opened within Adobe. A few little changes would make this so much better... 1) Spruce up the file select screen after clicking Add Open Files (it wasn't obvious to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It is very unprofessional and annoying for you to plant a bright red warning message prominently on my ribbon in the upper right corner WHEN I HAVE ALREADY PAID you. When i click on it, it says the warning is because I have not given you my credit card to auto-renew so I will lose access in the future. I will decide based on my user experience if I want to renew. This is harassment and a distraction to me when using the Acrobat Pro DC software.

I just tried for 20 min to find a way on your site…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There is no short cut key for highlighting text.
    the Shift+U does not work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?