Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1529 results found

1. Bug Report:

I am distributing pdf files on USB drives that are locked for read only at the hardware level. Until about 6 months ago, I was able to do this with PDF files. Now, when I try to open a pdf file on a locked drive, I get an error that the file is corrupted. I can unlock the drive and then the file can be viewed without issue in Reader or Acrobat. I see this bug using two different manufacturers USB drives. It also reproduces using pdf/a files rather than standard pdf files. Marking the pdf file as…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello,

I tried checking the forums to see if my idea was presented yet. I did not find it and have scrolled a lot of pages.

So... my feedback is regarding the Adobe Create PDF Group Add-in in MS Office on the Ribbon. The Adobe Group Add-in keeps coming back when I remove it. I have been very thorough in my attempts of removing it, to the point of deleting the registry keys for it several times. I mean like, I kill it hard but it keeps coming back.

Please do not make coding that bypasses the settings we put…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new quick action tool bar floats over the document covering contents. the panning of the document is also limited to the edge of the "paper" so these contents cannot be seen without zooming far in or far out.

This could be overcome if the display allowed for a buffer space around the page so the view could be drug past the edge of the paper. This way the document could be drug out from under the quick action toolbar.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. It is extremely hard to find things. Just as an example, I struggled with as simple a task as printing. It is not at all obvious to find the print button. No other application I use makes this as difficult as your new UI.
    2. This may either be another example of point 1, or the function is missing. Where is the button to display info about the application? The "About Acrobat" button? I can't find it.
    3. The application wastes massive amounts of my screen space. Stick to the purpose of the application and just display the document. I don't need…
    35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new interface is nice, but I really use the drag and drop a lot as I do Graphic Design and Design production where I have multiple projects in different folders and drives. I send out approval PDFs and it saves time and hassle to drop what I see in Acrobat into my eMail and Slack chats (and sometimes copy to another folder). I hope you can put that back in some way with the new interface. Luckily tech support showed me how to revert to the old interface. :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PLEASE....please.....don't ever disable or fail to support the "Disable New Acrobat" in View. The new interface is awful and there is no real support for it. Took me a half-hour to figure out "find and replace" and still didn't get it to work well. Stamps are in a bad place.

All ok as long as this isn't forced on us until a LARGE volume of help and online answers to questions builds up...like in 2026.

Carl Hartmann, Attorney
    carl@carlhartmann.com

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Since the recent update, I find I need to hold the window in position for a few seconds in order for it to stay where I put it. This is also the case when resizing a window. Unless I hold it in the new size for a few seconds, it just snaps back to the old size. THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN BEFORE. PLEASE FIX.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I want to save as, a new dialog window opens with a list of recent locations I've saved to. But if I want to save elsewhere, I have to click "choose a different folder" to open yet another dialog window where I can navigate to the location of my choosing. Can we have all this happen in the same window?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There used to be button under Preferences->General where if you selected it, anytime you opened a new PDF file, it would open in a new window rather than in a new tab. There's still a space in the Preferences menu where it could go, almost like it was omitted unintentionally. Could we have that back pretty please? I need to view multiple PDFs simultaneously.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The space at the top above the tabs has been removed such that it is very difficult to move the window around on a Mac now. You have to go back to the window, then try to find a small space on one of the sides to drag the Adobe window - only one of the small areas at the top by the tabs will let you drag it, and you risk accidentally closing the window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Finally open tabs in Acrobat can be saved for next launch. But there is one little annoying thing when Acrobat is closed and you open a pdf by double-clicking on it from Explorer/Finder... The file opens (you start reading it) and after with a small delay the previously saved tabs open and GET FOCUS. So can this behaviour be optimised that the FOCUS stays on the most recently opened document?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. How the **** do you even display the page number you're on? No way to know, because no button is labeled. This **** is garbage. ********.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. While going through the process of requesting a digital signature through Acrobat, it would be VERY HELPFUL to have a "back" button to move backward through the 3-step process in order to make edits/corrections (particularly to the copy in the email). There have been numerous times that I have composed the email (in the Request Signature process in Acrobat) and wanted to go back and change something. It could be editing the copy in the email (subject or body) or adding/deleting recipients. Currently, there is no way to do that without canceling the process and starting all over.

Then, you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Since the last update, I can't find the most useful tools because there's no longer a normal, standard "file, edit, ..." menu across the top... and I don't know if it's possible to get it back in a "Classic" form... if so, it shouldn't be hard to realize or see how to do it. You've made this an usable piece of ****. I'm spending more time looking for the tools I've used intuitively before, and getting my temper under control, than doing real work. GIVE ME BACK A STANDARD FORM MENU ON THE TOP, WITHOUT SEARCHING AND HUNTING FOR SUCH…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regardless of if the option is checked or not, when opening a file the tools pane is open.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. wouldn't it make more sense to see the REAL page size in the left bottom corner (or when you hit command-D)?
    When I check my PDF, I want to see - in a quick way - if I got the page size right. Rather then if I got the bleed and slug right... Now I have to go to Print production, etc. etc. It would be so much easier to see the size (Trimbox size) straight away, because that is what is most important, right?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Why is my PC (RTX 3080/Ryzen 5800X) able to run Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign simultaneously without a hiccup. But the minute I open Acrobat Pro (64-bit) it begins to stutter and lag. For example, I close everything on my PC, open a PDF file, try to resize the window, and I have to wait 2-3 seconds for the window resize animation to occur. This animation is fluid for all my other Adobe applications, so why does it only happen with Acrobat Pro? Please, please, PLEASE give Acrobat Pro a stability/performance update.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability for admins to update pop up messages to help their users i.e. You are not licensed for this product. Please contact your IT Service Desk to request access.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is a small white box to the bottom right of the cursor when I have the selection tool active and pointing at anything other than text. Please remove this as it serves no purpose and is a distraction.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New Interface appears to remove option to open pdfs in separate windows (as opposed to tabs), please keep this option available.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?