Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. Bring back the option to get rid of the home page! So aggravating to have this addtional stop on the way to closing every.single.file.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. dear all
    good day
    could you please add Arabic language for application language to we can use smoothly

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hundreds of thousands of businesses use flowcharting software (such as draw.io, Visio, LucidChart, etc.) that allows you to create HORIZONTAL flowcharts, project management swim lanes, and more.

Unfortunately, Acrobat currently only allows VERTICAL "Single Page Continuous" scrolling in the Page Layout options.

For multipage horizontal documents, it's hard to track the right side of the previous page with the left side of the current page.

I'm proposing an additional Page Layout option called "Single Page Continuous Horizontal" (and maybe rename the current option to "Single Page Continuous Vertical) that allows us to scroll HORIZONTALLY through ALL pages in a document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The minimum page thumbnail size needs to be reduced. It's laughably large right now. Basically needs to mimic PowerPoint resize allowance. Want very small thumbnails? Done. Large? Done. Right now you can have only large, very large, super large, and stupid large. How is Adobe so bad at some of the most basic functionality?!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There is no option to prevent the "Discover" panel which shows Recommended Tools from opening EVERYTIME you open a document. When you're operating with a number of documents for data entry purposes, it is extremely frustrating to have to close the panel every single time you open a document. And no, the "save last settings" check box does not fix this problem.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I work with multiple files on a single topic, and multiple topics at the same time. It would be very handy to be able to name each Adobe Acrobat window (by a topic name), and keep each windows' files separate, and able to be conveniently accessed as a group. If this feature already exists, I'd love to use it, but can't seem to find it (yet).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Without sign-in all features of Acrobat Professional can be seen, but only the Reader functionalities can be used. This should be changed. Only the features of Acrobat Reader should be visible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have Adobe Acrobat Pro (22.003.20282) installed and no updates are available. When I have the zoom at 100%, there is missing text, but it shows up at zoom levels above and below! See the attached files for examples. This is really frustrating when we are trying to proof documents.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When moving the slider on the page display in the print dialog box, changing its value updates the preview image. This includes using keyboard left and right keys, clicking on it, dragging the slider, and the left and right buttons to the left and right of the slider.

Except, if it is selected and moved with the mousewheel, it does not update the preview. It does not also update the preview after a few seconds so I do not believe it is intended to specifically not update the preview in this case. Instead I believe this is a simple thing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please make toggle "turn off Home screen" available. It's not shown on my mac under preferences/general (all windows off). I am using M1 Max Mac Studio

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,
    So until recently (today is Nov 17 2022), Acrobat Pro had an option in the Preferences to turn off the Recent files window as default. Now that option is gone, and I wish Adobe will restore that option. Now every time my documents are closed with command-w, I get the Recent files window, and I have to close it with another command-w or manually by clicking on the window. I'm not sure if this is a new feature or is actually a bug that should be fixed. I would expect that a single command-w should close the window completely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The message which is shown when users are not signed in to Acrobat or do not have a license of the selected feature they are clicking on, is confusing many users. This leads to many calls at our Service Desk Hotline. It would help a lot to change the text to explain that the user does not have access to this feature because it seems that he/she does not have a license or is not signed in with his license. In case that a license is available please Sign in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. After the update from version 22.002.20191 to version 22.003.20258, we've detected an issue with the new Microsoft Purview Information Protection plug-in.

It can happen, that Adobe Acrobat DC crashes, if a MIP protected PDF file shall be opened. In this case the opening process hangs and Acrobat DC doesn't react any longer and you have to terminate the app.

This happens, because the cached account information for MIP are obviously unusable (e.g. corrupt or invalid). The only solution currently is, to clear the cache via the "Clear remembered account information" button.

But many standard users aren't aware of this possibility/solution…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. For some reason, when attempting to customize the Quick Tools bar, (only) the Flatten Comments and Fields action is greyed out. This is a new behavior.

Version: Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20263
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Build 19044.2130

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Added to the many annoying notifications/ tips / contextual pop-ups/ advertising messages that Adobe has recently built in to Acrobat are notifications about "New Tools", whether in the quick access tool panel, on the application home page, or when viewing my online account/ profile at acrobat.adobe.com.

It appears to be some kind of "tour" of new features that is commonly used in other products, but (1) most of the places this notification appears will NOT trigger a tour when you click on it (it just opens the 'All Tools' menu), and (2) there is NO way to opt-out of it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am submitting this as a BUG REPORT because vertical mouse scrolling in Acrobat is seriously broken! Even with continuous mouse scroll turned on, you can't even use the mouse wheel to scroll because it's so slow. You have to resort to the year 1997 when you had to click and drag the scroll bar, because it's the only way to scroll through your document at speed. Can you please fix vertical mouse scrolling to match the speed of web browsers and Microsoft Word? Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Why would you not ask me where to install the program, like any other Software in the history of mankind on this planet. Now I have to uninstall and reinstall your bloated, mutated, ****** and overpriced Software just to ********* another hard drive. I wish software engineers were paid like nurses and vice versa. All I want to do is read PDFs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is there a way to calibrate the cursor precision?

When using Adobe Acrobat, there is an issue with the cursor not responding as expected to mouse clicks when hovering over anything clickable like text, buttons, links, menus, etc. I am using the Larger cursor set by default provided by win 10 and now win 11. There is no issue with other programs, including other Adobe CC suite programs (P, LR, AE, ME, etc.), only with Acrobat. I've changed the cursor to normal size to see if that would fix but the same thing happens. When I hover over anything that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Preflight tool window will appear on all virtual desktops instead of just the one it was opened in or manually set to. This is not standard behavior for any Windows application and disregards the user's intent. All individual components of Adobe Acrobat should respect the standard behavior of appearing on a single virtual desktop and being able to be moved between them by the user.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Edit - Preferences - Documents - unticking [ALT+w] doesn't help.
    Is this some new feature of an update or what? There is no way to pin the menu bar fixed and visible all the time?

ps. Mentioning the Windows / Edge hijacking pdfs, here too, even if that doesn't belong to this issue...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?