Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1210 results found

1. On different files, I've gotten the following error: "There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired". This occurred after adding text to a PDF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When in the "Organize Pages" view, you can hover your cursor over a single page and a toolbar appears beside the page, giving you the option to Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Delete, or Insert. However, this toolbar does not intercept mouse clicks from passing through to the thumbnail of the page. So say your page needs to rotate 180 degrees, and you quickly click one of the rotate icons twice. If the thumbnail view of the page is behind the icon (for instance, an 8.5x11 page in landscape), then the thumbnail interprets the double-click as a command to open that…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PDF is still freezing for 5-10 seconds or more upon loading doc.

Acrobat DC is trying to access the Cloud Service and can't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring Back Key Shortcut for Show/Hide Guides.

Lily Billingsley

It takes too long to use the Menu when you have to toggle back and forth with guides and have tight deadlines

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. On a PC with Windows 10 Build 1803 and among other things “Adobe Acrobat DC” and “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC” installed, “Adobe Acrobat DC” version 15.016.20039 crashes when at the opening and editing more than one documents. There is no error message displayed and there is no error report generated. Sometimes it is offered to recover the documents and sometimes the recovering succeeds. During my investigation I saw that there are entries written in the Event Viewer at the start of the PC and at the time the error occurs on the executable acrobat.exe, the dll acrobat.dll with the error…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There should be a way to turn off auto numbered lists, like there is in Microsoft Word.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I must admit I find the Acrobat editing features terrible. Why not have an "Edit" that allows editing of text and fields, instead Edit PDF and Edit Form. When I try to move a small field (radio button), 90% of the time I end up resizing it, a better targeted way without letting go of the mouse to indicate what I want to do (finding the sweet spot for cross hair or resize should be so difficult or at least have a right click). Why does it have to be so difficult to move an element (text or field) from…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Previously, The remove printer marks Fixup would function correctly and remove all marks (regardless if they were touching the bleed). Around the time of the last InDesign update, the Fixup does not work any longer. If the marks are touching the bleed in any way, they are not removed. Can it be corrected to remove all marks regardless if the crops are in the bleed or not. Or have a separate Fixup created to remove all marks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Need simple toolbar item to add text aka the typewriter tool. Many times I do not need the full functionality of doing OCR for text editing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prior to Acrobat DC I could add a variety of markups/items (shapes, lines, text boxes) to a PDF and then select them by dragging over them with the arrow tool and then copy them either with a CTRL-C or by holding down the control key and dragging further. None of this now works in DC and that makes it much harder to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fonts from pdfs created in Bridge output module create errors in Acrobat Pro. Verdana, Arial

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to be able to type in the amount of rotation like 1 degree or 1.25 degree.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to be able to return to my original document after exercising a link to another document or page by using a key such as f4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I use bookmarks to store documents similar to how they would be stored in a file cabinet. Occasionally, I need to move the pages withing the document which requires two stepsl, (1) move the pages; (2) move the bookmark. I suggest allowing pages to be associated with a bookmark. Once the association is made between pages and a bookmark, then when you move the bookmark to a new location, the pages would move with it. I would then extend this feature to allow bookmarks to be dragged and dropped between files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to be able to 'fill' a blank box within a PDF with a certain color. Stopping at the borders. That way when I print the PDF that box appears highlighted. Currently, I have to manually create a shape within a box and fill that yellow, that is time consuming and doesn't look professional for my customers. Please build an 'auto-fill' function to fill blank boxes with a desired color.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am getting issues with scrolling documents - for viewing or editing - on Acrobat DC on Windows - all software up to date.

As I scroll down instead of the document moving clearly I get multiple repeats of the individual lines making the document unreadable.

It is only resolved by scrolling up a few lines and the document 'catching back up' with itself

This 1st occurred when I had Acrobat DC open on 2 windows - it now seems to happen after the program being open for a certain period of time - 15 - 20 minutes, whether I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I create stamps and place them in my stamp pulldown menu. They remain there for the rest of the day. I log off my PC at night. Log back on the morning and open Adobe Acrobat DC. Open a PDF and try to stamp with one of my create stamps. The ones that were at the top of the pulldown as a favorite yesterday is no longer there. I then have to open the stamp and make it a favorite again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?