Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1500 results found

1. Copy Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome's vertical tabs feature for open documents. I often have many tabs open and documents which have been saved or named similarly - especially the first few letters of the filename. This makes navigating between documents difficult because you can't see enough of the file name or title. You have to remember them based on the position of the tabs (which of course changes as you add tabs).

Also, I would like to be able to edit the file name or the file title directly from the tab, even with the document open.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The uselessness of the chopped up methodology to customize the quick menu is ridiculous. It would be much simpler if you adopted a process similar to that in Excel. Just where the h3ll is the zoom icon hiding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Part of our workflow is to save pdfs even if there is no change so that it updates the file modified date. Currently we have to make a small undesired change to make save available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5.  Acrobat (and all its derivatives & applications) desperately need a "Reload" or "Refresh" command for the currently selected .PDF document.  Not only may the document have changed without notice on the server without a semaphore lock on the file, but also Acrobat applications can and do frequently run into some kind of file reading problem, such as temporarily disconnected server, timed-out internet connection, corrupted connection, or not enough memory at the moment.  
    Who knows why these issues weren't accounted for in Acrobat's development, but because of these issues, it seems very short-sighted from the development side to not have included
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow for horizontal scrolling of tabs in the tab bar instead of just the scrolling buttons.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I open many PDFs every day that are created by multiple people in multiple different ways. Every. Single. Time I open a PDF, the bookmarks bar pops up, even if it's a single page document with no bookmarks. Also, whenever I have hidden the tools or anything else (F8 and F9), opening a new document brings all that stuff up. That means every time I open a document, I have to click 4 extra times to get rid of all the garbage so I can just see the document. Can you please just give us some preferences to never or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Provide a means to disable the 'helpful' hints about using features, such as the blue box that pops up over tools, sending documents for signature. I am a long-time user and I know them all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. MacOS Acrobat Pro DC: please add ability to specify default save location, or reduce the number of steps required to specify a save location. As of now, every time I want to save a file, I have to go through the following rigmarole:

SAVE --> CHOOSE A DIFFERENT FOLDER --> [SPECIFY TOP LEVEL FOLDER] --> [SPECIFY SUBFOLDER]

I literally need to save my files in the same place, EVERY SINGLE TIME. The folder is the downloads folder. However, that will never ever ever ever be in the initial list of folders I am presented to choose from. The initial list…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Its very useful to know who has been using the Adobe products within the last 90 days. This way we can swap licenses around when needed.

A feature to show what users have used Adobe Pro or DC would be beneficial to support teams within the portal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I work at a Library and we just purchased Adobe Professional for our public computer lab. Unfortunately, I was just told by support that there is no way to use Adobe Pro without having to sign in. We do not want to have to sign in for each user that needs it plus I do not want to stay signed in with my user name. It is absolutely ridiculous that there is no work around or a registry edit that would allow the sign on screen to be removed. Surely, we are not the only ones where having to sign…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add additional default zoom percentages for 15" and 17" laptop screens. BACKGROUND: As a college student, I read a lot of academic articles and PDF textbooks. However, I get a little irritated every time that I have to manually type in a zoom percentage of 250% or 270% because the default percentages jump from 200% to 300% (which is TOO much)! I know. It's a menial request. But it would make a HUGE difference for someone in my situation. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You should make it optional to have either the icon tool bar or the same tool bar you have in Adobe Pro XI. To tell you that I HATE the icons is an understatement because you have to open them individually and it's hard to find what you are looking for. Meanwhile it makes me feel as if you think I'm stupid or an idiot. I'm fairly well educated and hate icons taking half of the page that could have been used for editing a document.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi There,

I am not sure if I am posting this under the correct category as there does not seem to be one that matches my issue / suggestion.

I work for a Staffing and Recruiting company as a recruiter. As such, I look at many resumes that people send to me via email. Most of them are in .PDF format. Because I call people and leave messages for them to call me back, I often have multiple resumes open at once in case they call me back to discuss a job opportunity. I have them open to save time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Every day I have to click off a pop up about sharing my work. I appreciate that I have been notified of a cool feature, but this should stop showing up after 3 times or maybe be put on a 6 month timer if you really feel like I need a reminder again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I copy the preferences in Acrobat for the toolbars, views, etc. that I painstakingly set up on one computer now that I have a new one to set up? Where is the preference file stored? The old computer with the good Acrobat preferences is not online.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Save or Save As do not work anymore, even after reinstallation, in Adobe Acrobat DC. The scanned document cannot be saved. Any advice? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please allow diable of the HOME/TOOLS startup screen. I have disabled it in the preferences and it is still there on launch. This is a very unprofessional looking feature and is extremely annoying to professional users like me.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An option to delete the original file after splitting it into individual files would save time. Every time I split a PDF, I then have to go and delete the original file. On top of that, if I have split a PDF using 'top level bookmarks' Acrobat asks me if I want to save the file when closing it. So there are 2 steps that could be avoided by setting one option 'delete original file after splitting'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This is a bug report, no a feature request or idea. Asking people to clear cookies & cache is a productivity nightmare. I don't even know if that will work. For whatever reason, Adobe logs me out and won't allow me to log back in. It says my subscription has expired when it hasn't; verified in a support chat. I can do so for the Adobe website, but not the interface that opens PDF's nor the cloud for Adobe. Clearing cache & cookies causes me to have to log back into too many websites I do business with or pleasure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?