Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Edit PDF (text editing) Breaks Tag Structure

Windows environment.

When using the Edit PDF Tool to change minor character styles (color, weight, underscore, etc.), the Tag structure and read order for the page the edit is applied are broken.

For example: change the color of a header (H1) line of text. Return to the Tags Panel and all current page content has been consolidated into one <p> Tag. All the original Tags associated with this page are empty and placed randomly through the Tag Structure. Depending on page content, you may be unable to break apart the new tag single into the individual Tags necessary for compliance,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How fucking difficult is it to add a B/W mode that actually works.

How fucking difficult is it to add a B/W mode that actually works.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. text editing - baseline, word spacing

Per features available through at least Acrobat 8 -
    1) ability to adjust baseline of text, or portion of text
    2) ability to adjust letter spacing and word spacing - have PDFs where the source must have been justified, and current controls don't have good way to correct this.
    2) set fill and stroke for text
    3)find/replace single character or character codes - for example, find a 'fi' ligature and replace it with the letters 'fi'.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Acrobat Pro DC rotation double-click bug

When in the "Organize Pages" view, you can hover your cursor over a single page and a toolbar appears beside the page, giving you the option to Rotate Left, Rotate Right, Delete, or Insert. However, this toolbar does not intercept mouse clicks from passing through to the thumbnail of the page. So say your page needs to rotate 180 degrees, and you quickly click one of the rotate icons twice. If the thumbnail view of the page is behind the icon (for instance, an 8.5x11 page in landscape), then the thumbnail interprets the double-click as a command to open that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Acrobat Pro DC/ Mojave Compatibility

After working with Kalpana for over an hour it was found the Acrobat Pro DC issue was coming from OS Mojave. I am unable to use the link tool in the manner it is described. In the past when adding links you could draw your rectangle box as large or as mall as you needed, now in Mojave it goes in and out and it staggers or goes away when trying to make a smaller box. I use this option daily and the issue just started when i installed Mojave.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reordering pages

In the previous version of Adobe Acrobat DC, in Organize Pages, I could select a thumbnail and move the page to a new location. What happened to that feature? I am beside myself as I used that feature ALL THE TIME!

PLEASE BRING IT BACK or tell me how to move pages now that it is gone. I don't have a select page range option which I saw on different forums. WHAT AM I MISSING

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Take OCR text pre-processing out of EDIT

99.9% of the time, when I'm going to EDIT a pdf, its just to resize or crop it, not to change the content. But I have to wait for the OCR processing to complete before the crop tool is available. I shouldn't have to wait for a feature I'm not intending to use. Especially if I'm working with CAD drawings or other non-MSWord source files, the OCR processing takes forever, since the content isnt designed for that.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Find and Replace option is not up to a standard professional app!

It would be great if the "Find & Replace" option is more versatile. There should be options to replace ALL, including mathematical symbols. Like we have in MS Word.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If I try to open two PDFs at the same time, Acrobat closes. I also lost all of my changes because Acrobat closed unexpectedly.

If I try to open two PDFs at the same time, Acrobat closes. I also lost all of my changes because Acrobat closed unexpectedly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Acrobat Freezes when trying to edit text color in PDF Document

I'm using the latest version of Acrobat on a MacPro. Text is recognized in the pdf document.
    I want to change the text color to black for better visibility. When starting in Acrobat, I can highlight text in the first text box and change to black.
    Then the program freezes. Using "Force Quit", of course, loses all changes.

Help! 

I believe this function with acrobat could be quite valuable. MANY brochures have lighly colored text on a white background--not legible! This feature COULD be valuable own a continuing basis!

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Suggestion for Bookmark

Proposal to integrate "BOOKMARK"
    Enclosed find the file which shows my proposal
    I hope to understand what I want to propose from attached file

Many thanks,

DongJoon

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. app freezes when adding text

Acrobrat freezes whe I try to add text to a document. I can't figure out why.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Font preview, or "one step backwards"

in Pro XI, when using the Drop List of fonts in "add text", the fonts actually DISPLAYED in the stated font. This was incredibly helpful for those of us who have to be creative with our text additions. For some reason, somewhere along the line between Pro XI and 2017 (which I just purchased and installed) someone in their infinite wisdom decided to delete that feature. please, Please, PLEASE put it back, and sooner rather than later. NOT having it is a major headache.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 'Unable to process the page because the Paper Capture recognition service experienced an error

This has been reported on another thread and marked as solved - it isn't. I have just purchased a copy of Acrobat Pro and am unable to edit .pdf's, which is precisiely why I bought it. The subscription simply isn't worth the money without this capability.

I have noticed some suggested solutions but these are highly technical and not something I would have access to do at work.

Could a solution be suggested - fast - as it seems as though this is quite a common error?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reference material is horrible.

For starters when you state "See the PDF Reference for details." in a reference document there should actually be a "PDF reference". Secondly when giving an example make the example about what you are talking about. Organized your reference material clearly not haphazardly like now. You reference material use to be good and easy to use but that in no longer the case.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Side Tools should be default & Menu Dropdown should show options without having to click on open

Return Menu Tools to the Side where they belong. They are next to useless now. Put actual menu items under the menu drop-downs instead of extra steps to open what should be a drop-down. Sorry - I hate the new look. Hate it. I should not have to navigate away from a page I'm working on in order to get to tools. I should not have to spend half an hour to discover you apparently no longer have this option. Security tools, if still in existence, should be obvious.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add link to header/footer

It would be great to be able to have links available in the headers/footers feature. This would help tremendously with very large doc’s with more than 100 pages, particularly if the reader of the document tries to jump from one section to another.

This would help if one tries to create ‘Back to home page’ links on every page in a large pdf document. Say, one creates a ‘Table of Contents’ in the beginning of the deck, with links to every section in the deck. Once you get to the respective section (e.g. pages 120-150 in the deck), it would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need to alllow editing of Livecycle forms without having to buy yet another Adobe product.

I have multiple adobe PDF fillable forms that were create in LiveCycle when it was bundled with prior versions of Acrobat. Now I cannot edit them without purchasing LiveCycle ES4 or the product that is now replacing LiveCycle. I already pay for a 3 user license for creative cloud, and just purchased a 10 user license to Acrobat Pro DC, cost of over $350 per month...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Margin Controls bug

In the Set Page Boxes dialog, under Margin Controls, when you use the
    Apply to: dropdown to switch among boxes, the top, bottom, left and right values do not update to the selected box. For instance, if I change the values for the TrimBox only, then select Bleed Box, the values I just entered display for BleedBox. however, the calculated Cropped Page size for the BleedBox correctly does not include the margins I entered under TrimBox.

I also found that if I choose CropBox again, which in my sample case has all zeroes in the margin fields, the values restore…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug Report It keeps blanking in and out when I edit PDF

Bug Report It keeps blanking in and out when I edit PDF

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base