Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1210 results found

1. Before it was possible in Comments mode to simply copy some text and paste it over text you wanted to replace. Now you must right click, select Add Note to Replace Text, then past the required text into the comment section. This takes so much longer. Usability and productivity has been reduced

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I only have the option to save. Where's the save as? There's no 'file' drop down menu. I only see Home and Tools. And underneath this there's a save button, but I want a save as button.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The default behavior of Acrobat DC when pasting text boxes, images, and other items is to paste the object in the center of your screen.

This is not desirable in some situations, as it requires you to move your mouse to the center of the screen to grab the object then move it to where you just had your mouse, which is where the object should have been pasted to begin with. This is especially true when dealing with detailed documents and/or drawings where moving the mouse from its location makes it difficult to align correctly to the existing elements.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When I review a downloaded file or make changes to a document and go to save the file I get a blank "Save as PDF" window that never completes loading. If I use [ctrl][s] to save the file I get a message that I don't have write privileges for the document. The program worked fine until yesterday.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This software is completely useless for editing pdfs. It glitches on all my computers and makes the worker frustrated and rightfully think that Adobe should do a much better job than they have in this context. You claim to be amongst the best software companies, so let your products demonstrate your claim!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a color background to new text boxes ie. a white background so that text placed over other text or images effectively erases what the text box is placed over allowing new text to be seen clearly.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. This is insane, letters disappear constantly, any idea how I can fix it? I use Adobe DC and win10

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I do a lot of pdf commenting, and I use a stylus/pen on a touch screen laptop to make this easier. The problem is that once I turn on the highlighter tool, I can't use my finger to scroll through the document, because Acrobat doesn't distinguish between the finger input and the stylus input. So I have to manually switch back and forth between the highlight tool and the arrow tool. Most other touch-capable PDF programs distinguish between finger input and stylus input, allowing you to scroll through the document with your finger and then highlight as needed. Is there…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using text select to highlight, multiple lines are being highlighted rather than just the line of text. See SnipPDF.png to see what is occurring. I've tried two different methods of saving the file. Print to PDF and Save as PDF. Save as PDF is working fine, Print to PDF is not letting us select anything.Is this really the only workaround for this, is to open and select print and save again? Our users are having to save some files twice, just to be able to select text. These are files they have created, some they have downloaded, some OCR,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I use Acrobat PRO DC in prepress to switch layer visibility in PDF's that are linked to Illustrator imposition file. Usually I need to change 2-5 layer visibility. The process involves awkwardly too many steps to change a default visibility state of a layer in order for it to be saved. And when trying to save changes sometimes it fails. To correct the issue I usually have to rotate the page CCW and back CW and just then the layer visibility state can be saved. Please look at this as it consumes time and needs too many steps to complete…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cannot save PDF - File - save as - comes up blank - also unable to email from app. MACOS Catalina ver. 10.15.1

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's not an idea, it's a request to stop crashing!!
    I'm trying to edit documents, it has now crashed on me 4 times and I've lost my work each time. I pay monthly, this should not be happening.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When trying to save an edited .pdf, "the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder" error pop-up is presented. I am the only user with it open, I have made edits to the document (not read only) and, in several cases, I am the creator of the document.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We can only add pdf jpg and bmp for a watermark. Please we need png !!!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 99.9% of the time, when I'm going to EDIT a pdf, its just to resize or crop it, not to change the content. But I have to wait for the OCR processing to complete before the crop tool is available. I shouldn't have to wait for a feature I'm not intending to use. Especially if I'm working with CAD drawings or other non-MSWord source files, the OCR processing takes forever, since the content isnt designed for that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I often receive PDFs but after opening them, decide not to keep them and delete them. Nevertheless, the file name still appears on the Recent File List when I say I want to open a file for editing. This makes it harder to find still existing files that I want to edit. At the minimum, be able to click on a file name on the Recent File List to highlight it and then delete that name (via Delete key or pulldown option). Even better would be to also add a option that I can click on that highlights files on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Here's an idea...whenever trying to edit a picture and this ANNOYING message pops up:
    "The object you selected uses transparency and might look different in your editing application. Furthermore, the appearance of the page may change in unexpected ways after this object is edited. Do you want to edit this object anyway?"

A NEW OPTION appears > DO NOT ASK AGAIN FOR EVER AND EVER THRU ETERNITY. THANKS

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

• Don't see your idea?