Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Splitting double pages in single pages

There should be an option to split all pages of a document in the middle. For example, when scanning books, a double page always equals one page in PDF. Cropping every page is very cumbersome

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. multi core support adobe acrobat pro DC

I see that Adobe Acrobat Pro DC only uses one core of the many cores today in PC.

For example if I use OCR or improving documents, it takes a lot of time. Page per page is done using only one core.

Please update the software that it uses more cores (like adobe premiere does). This will drastically improve the performance and our efficiency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to draw shapes

When reviewing existing PDFs I am unable to draw shapes such as rectangles or lines. I have checked the properties and they show 1pt red color selected. This has not been a problem until recently, I've been able to do this on PDF files for the past 15+ years. I have no problem using the yellow highlighter on text, however, just the shape tools. This problem occurs on most PDFs but not all.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create Link Keyboard Shortcut

I would like to use a keyboard shortcut to insert a link to a webpage (Word uses CTRL+K). Right now, I can't even get easy access to that action through the Quick Tool bar because only the "Auto-Create Web Linksfrom URLs" and "Remove Web Links" are an option.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unusable - Spinning Beachball

2019.008.20080 / MacOS 10.14.1

Since recent acrobat update, software is near unusable. Constant 30 second pauses (beachball), cannot add text to simple, single page documents.
    Using Acrobat since v3, so I know my way around...

Thankfully Illustrator 2019 provides a workaround.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Adobe Acrobat 100% ADA compliant so Blind users can actually use it

Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Overwrite PDF on SharePoint Online

Our organization uses SharePoint Online provided through Office 365 hosting. SharePoint is the primary location to store files.

It's possible to use Acrobat to open documents from SharePoint, edit them and save those changes back to the SharePoint server.

If we open a new PDF with Acrobat, then attempt to save over an existing file on our SharePoint server, we encounter the following error:

Adobe Acrobat could not access the network. Please verify your computer's network connection and try again.

There are workarounds to this problem, but it would be useful to our users if Acrobat would simply save the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to add text without having entire document going through "edit."

In older versions we could just add text to a document where needed. Now you have to go to Tools, Edit which then takes the time to recognizes all the text in a document. I frequently add text in all kinds of documents including charts and forms. When it goes to "recognize" the text on the full page, it distorts it to something unuseable. I end up having to open the document in Photoshop - if it will read it since usually it was scanned in first. If it won't, I have to do a screen shot, cut and paste…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. slow

when using forms things like font size and data type are extremely slow, every single move takes 10-20 secs to wait, 2017 iMac 5k

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Resetting Format to my defualt Arial - For some reason the format goes to Z@R4A42.tmp

Resetting Format to my defualt Arial - For some reason the format goes to Z@R4A42.tmp. Not sure how this started doing this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Windows 10 Free Drawing with Pen

I ordered a pen interface device for my PC (Huion 420), excited to be able to handwrite/draw notes on PDFs, in addition to typing notes on them. However, when I have the device plugged in, the free drawing tool stops working. I can click with the mouse or try to draw with the pen/pad device. Nothing shows up. The drawing tool does, however, work with my mouse when I unplug the device. This bug is one of the main features preventing me from using Adobe Acrobat as my primary note-taking software in medical school.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to edit tables on pdf

I would like to edit a table contained in the body of a pdf; however, it seems possible to only remove from the table. This would be a major time saver!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Editing pictures annoying pop up window

Here's an idea...whenever trying to edit a picture and this ANNOYING message pops up:
    "The object you selected uses transparency and might look different in your editing application. Furthermore, the appearance of the page may change in unexpected ways after this object is edited. Do you want to edit this object anyway?"

A NEW OPTION appears > DO NOT ASK AGAIN FOR EVER AND EVER THRU ETERNITY. THANKS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Thank you for the feedback. I have forwarded your request to the engineering team. They will reach out to you if any more information is needed.

14. text flow to next page

Why are text edits confined to the current page? The capability to drag a text block to another page is a must-have. Ability to have text flow to the next page is much needed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cos document table full

Trying to open a document in Pro DC. I currently only have 5 other PDF docs open... pop up says Cos Document Table Full. The doc opens, but fields are blank

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can only find / replace whole word not partial word

Cannot replace a partial word. Have Find - whole word unchecked. As soon as I add something to Replace, Whole word checks and goes gray. This was marked as Resolved but it is not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Deleting many pages unacceptable slow in Acrobat DC

Problem: A PDF-file of 7600 pages. Selecting all even pages in Tools/Manage Pages. Then deleting all even pages except the first or last one. That takes on my iMac with newest DC version over 45 minutes. On a 10 years old PC with Acrobat version 5 it takes less then 3 minutes. That is 15 times faster! This bug needs to be fixed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Daily Crashing

Running Acrobat DC and Mac 10.13.4. It's been crashing for years on various machines and Mac OSs. Seems to crash the most while opening multiple pdfs one after another while using the output preview window and the convert colors window. Hope you guys can fix this issue!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. unable to save/update existing .pdf

When trying to save an edited .pdf, "the file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder" error pop-up is presented. I am the only user with it open, I have made edits to the document (not read only) and, in several cases, I am the creator of the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spreads to Single Pages

A feature in which you could import you PDF as spreads and split it into single pages without having to go page by page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base