Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2190 results found

1. Adobe Acrobat Synchronizer consumes enormous memory: it's now at 35.5 GB.

I know I can kill it in Activity Monitor - but it still shouldn't happen.

Mac Studio M1 Max
    macOS 12.3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, I save pdf documents from emails to folders on my C Drive. I have to always browse to find the right folder as I do not want to store in my windows Downloads folder. Ideally there would be a setting to default the Save As to the same folder as the last saved pdf. This is because when saving many pdf documents they often will go into the same folder as the last pdf saved. At least this way around 50% of times, the folder will be the correct one. If people always use the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I go to digitally sign a document using an Entrust digital ID issued by the State of Illinois, there is an issue. Everything seems to work except the sign button itself. Nothing happens when the Sign button is pressed. This issue seemed to occur on the latest version of Acrobat DC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please fix the search function in Acrobat Pro. I rely on this so heavily for my work and it has become unreliable and confusing to use. For example, I searched for the word "Ad-hoc" today and Acrobat reported finding no results. I was looking at the word on my page at that very moment.

Oh, and when I then searched for the word "occurred" Adobe finally highlighted the word "Ad-hoc" for me. Infuriating!

Please fix this. There has to be a way to permanently set the search function to return only the actual word I am searching for, not random…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An ideal approach can help the user to get backup Office 365 emails locally. Shoviv Office 365 Backup & Restore tool has dual abilities in a single dashboard like Office 365 backup to PST files and restores. It comes in handy for all with its simple GUI appearance. This software does not impact the mailbox's data integrity and folder hierarchy.

It has many features and options such as:

• It provides an accurate backup of entire and selected data from Office 365 to PST files at the desired location.

• Users can restore their backed mailboxes and other PST files…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For data protection reasons we cannot hold completed agreements past a particular period of time. At the moment it is a tedious and extremely inefficient manual process to delete documents one at a time via a buried search menu. Please create the ability for users to set rules for types of agreements to be auto-deleted after a specified period. This is standard on many software packages which hold any personal information and should be an option here.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Be able to select/copy text from PDF from windows explorer preview pane. Currently, you must open a PDF in to be able to select/copy text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Split to Top-Level Bookmark is not working in Acrobat DC. To "solve" the problem, the user has to uninstall Acrobat DC, then re-install. Now the process works, but only once. The user then has to repeat the uninstall / re-install process to use the feature again. Else, the user gets the error message "The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder." This feature MUST work without the user having to uninstall / reinstall Acrobat DC.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am using Acrobat DC Pro Version 2021.007.20099.

My system details are CPU i9-10920x, GPU NVidia 3090 Studio driver 472.12, 256GB RAM, sveral m2 and SSD drives, Windows 10 Pro 21H1. I use two Eizo CS2721 monitors in 10 bit mode and both are calibrated and profiled using Eizo's colour navigator 7 software to produce v2 profiles.

The issue :

I create a document in InDesign including 3 placed images each based on the same image but converted and tagged with a different profile in Photoshop (ARGB,sRGB,ProPhoto) . All three, as expected, look identical on the InDesign page as they…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Work in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and installed version 2021.007.20096.
    Now I can't see the guide lines when I drag lines from the rulers with the Marking Tool, I can only see the hair cross. When I click the spot I wanted the guide lines, then it shows.

You helped me earlier today and installed an earlier version, 2020.013.20074 and the function worked again. Then when the program update it self to 2021.007.20099 the function failed again. I think this is a bug.

Work in Mac Big Sur 11.6.

In Acrobat I have extension program installed, PitStop Pro 21.0.3.0. I…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. While the fact that Adobe provides McAfee security for free as part of Acrobat is nice for those that want it, those of us that don't should not be forced to have it installed. Personally I hate McAfee. I use a different company for my computer/internet security and it's expensive, so when McAfee self-downloads and declares itself the default security system on my computer it makes me very unhappy.

Basically I just wasted a bunch of time and money because I thought I had the Yahoo search redirect virus on my computer. Turns out even though I had uninstalled McAfee…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Acrobat updated yesterday (Version 2021.007.20091, used with Windows 10, 10.0.19042 Build 19042) and now all PDFs display with a yellow background, including all images. Changing the disability background color to white fixes the text, but not the images. See attached screenshots. This happens for all PDFs--ones I made 5 minutes ago, ones I made before the bug, ones downloaded off the internet. If I create a new PDF from a Word file, others without the bug on their computer don't see it as a yellow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I Think Adobe is the leader of all companies in this business but still not succeed in gaining more customers because of expensive cost of subscription . My suggestion is : To Let customers choose Perpetual subscription and Make discount to appreciate you more .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi facing this error whenever we use the check for update option

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. ACROBAT has problems viewing files larger than 200 inches.
    This is something 10 years old at least, as you can read here:
    https://graphics-unleashed.com/2011/06/large-dimension-pdf-files-are-fine-adobe-is-the-problem/
    Please fix it!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Desde hace varios días hay un problema muy grave en Adobe Acrobat. El problema es que al copiar un texto del PDF y pegarlo en CUALQUIER otro programa: las letras que tienen tildes o las letras "ñ" no se copian. En su lugar se quedan espacios en blanco.
    Este problema nunca había sucedido en Acrobat, llevo muchos años usando esta función de copiar y pegar y jamás había sucedido.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The latest release of Acrobat Reader DC crashes when a PDF is accessed through an ActiveX control, such as Microsoft's CHM viewer. This has drastic effects on several developers who depend on such a workflow. More explanation in a forum post https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acropdfimpl64-dll-crashes-when-pdf-is-accessed-via-activex-webbrowser-control-x64/m-p/12133227

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I finally bit the bullet and started paying for Acrobat, but the incredible number of mysterious background processes named things like "Creative Cloud Helper," "CCXProcess," "Core Sync," CCLibrary," "Adobe Desktop Service," and not one but 4 apps named "Core Sync Helper" are making me reconsider. They have worsened my battery life and I have security concerns about these ambiguously—named apps constantly dancing up and down my Activity Monitor. I refuse to believe they are necessary to view a PDF. I run MacOS Big Sur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why does Adobe not allow payments with PayPal in Switzerland?
    Such an important company and especially that we are nowadays all using different payments tools beside the classical credit cards, should be really updated. It is almost like a discrimination towards us and it is incomprehensible. Almost every company uses nowadays PayPal as tool and it does work perfectly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?