Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Organize Pages/Enter Page range Bug Report

I have 94 pages I need to rotate to portrait mode. From Organize Pages I select all pages from the dropdown menu. It selects all pages however it turns the pages in multiple direction. Some portrait, some landscape. It doesn't work as intended.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. transform a PDF file to excel

I need to transform a PDF file to excel in acrobat PRO DC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need dedicated rotate clockwise/counterclockwise buttons on the quick tool bar like older versions.

Older versions had dedicated buttons on the quick tool bar for rotate clockwise and rotate counterclockwise. The current release only has a single button for rotation that opens a separate box, requiring more clicks. The only way to have dedicated buttons that I've found is to open the page thumbnails pane.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Put Pointer on Tool Bar

Place pointer on tool bar of comments, don't use enough to remember to get the pointer back the Esc key needs to be used

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Crop page dialogue box size

After I go to Edit document, crop pages and select the area I'd like to crop, the "set page boxes" dialogue box is too large. It goes from the top of the screen to the bottom. This hides the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons under my taskbar. I have to use the directional keys to highlight the appropriate command and hit enter to select it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. inserted pages numbers

Need to fix this bug: when inserted pages, they are all the same page number as the last page of the original doc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. extracting pages using key strokes

I used to extract multiple pages from large documents using key strokes and it was much quicker than current method. Back to square 1.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Running optimization erased several bookmarks in my document

I have a merged PDF document to which I added multiple bookmarks.

When I run advanced optimization as I usually do, it removed half of my bookmarks.

This has never happened before.

This is a task that I perform every other month and has worked fine for years.

We are running Windows 7, and have an Adobe CC team account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Auto-rotate scanned documents to correct the page orientation

While opening a pdf that was scanned in the wrong direction, an algorithm would detect which side was up and automatically rotate the document so you wouldn’t have to click rotate manually. This would be a big time saver.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. insert page causes crash

1. Open file, insert page, choose pdf file to add.

2. Win10, adobe CC

3. Merge two pdf files together

4. program crash

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Correcting dimensions of the boxes with + and - in "Set Page Boxes"

In every Adobe program it is possible to correct sizes by adding a value with + or -. Why isn't it possible in Acrobat menu "Set Page Boxes"?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Sarah

Can you please be little more specific?
    Are you talking about “Change Page Size” → “Custom” option where you want this functionality?

Thanks
    Vivek

12. Don't move the document zoom after using "Set Page Boxes"

If you use the "Set Pages Boxes" and apply the entered correction with "OK" the scrollbar moves to the top of the side. So I have to scroll down again to check my correction. If you have to work really detailed, it's quite annoying to scroll down again and again....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah

I tried and the scroll bar does not move for me. Can you please share the exact options/steps you are using.
    Or if its specific to some files, can you please share the files with us?

Thanks
    Vivek

13. "Set Page Boxes" wrong preview for TrimBox

1. Open PDF

2. Open Set Page Boxes - TrimBox

3. Add a value in "Top", "Bottom", "Left" and "Right":
      For all sides you can see grey guides in your document. Expect for the right side. The right guideline is somewhere outside the document.

I have to use this really often so it's quite annoying not to see where the guideline is placed. That means a lot of time for "trying".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sarah

I tried using it myself and the guidelines are visible for all four sides. Can you please share some files where you see this happening (and also a screenshot of the issue so that I can be sure we are on the same page).
    This would help us investigate the issue faster.

Regards
    Vivek

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Kerning changed to overlapped after extract page

When extract the last page of the attached PDF, the quotation marks at the point 1 of footnotes will be overlapped by other characters.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. For a new feature request

More Flexibility in Find and Search. For text and for linked images.

Currently you are limited to find one word at a time and this is linked to UK or US dictionary spellings

In the future, you could add multiple words and can be linked to a predetermined list of spellings you had set up.

Ideally, if you wanted to find images linked to a predetermined list of file names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. you should give users the ability to choose the page dimensions they want to insert when they use the Insert Page command.

you should give users the ability to choose the page dimensions they want to insert when they use the Insert Page command.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ken

You can change the page dimensions after inserting them. You need to simply select the pages and go to ‘Set Page Boxes’ option under ‘More’ in the Organize Pages app.
    Please let us know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Vivek

18. Acrobat Pro DC Needs Better ERROR Messages

I'll first give an example then explain why Acrobat Pro DC needs better error messages.

We often work with large PDFs (sometimes 10,000 pages or more) that are created by joining together many smaller PDFs in Acrobat Pro DC.

Bates Numbers are applied and sometimes removed and re-applied as the document get's built.

Sometimes something goes wrong when editing the PDF.
    For example Edit > More > Bates Numbering > Remove... gives an error "A number is out of range."

This error unfortunately comes up for us a lot which I guess is to be somewhat expected when combining hundreds…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need access to network shared folders when saving extracted parts of PDF

When I try to save extracted parts of a PDF "as separate files" under "Organize Pages", the only places I'm allowed to access are native storage units. The network based folder my boss and I share is inaccessible and I'm unable to save within folders created for specific clients. I feel it's possible to extend accessibility to any potential storage spot on the computer, right? I included a picture of the screen I'm given when extracting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. replace page(s) very cumbersome

The way the tools lay out in Acrobat 11 are very easy for page replacements. Because the documents we work with are lengthy and complex, I'd like to see Replace tool much easier to work with.

I want to see simultaneously:
    * Bookmarks or Thumbnails
    * The PDF pages (current document)
    * the Replace tool icon ready to use

In the current product (Acrobat Std DC 2019.021.20056) has an icon for Replace that is hard to find, and when clicked, you are forced into a visual layout that is rather difficult.

I need to navigate with my bookmarks, or with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base