Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save presets for cropping pages

Hi,
    I often use the same presets to crop pages in Adobe (same area to crop) in multiple documents. While I can apply my cropping dimensions to an entire range of pages (all pages, even and odd, odd only, even only, selected page only), I have to repeat the same operation for all the documents I need to crop. It would be extremely convenient if we could add a function to name, save and load cropping profiles exactly like we are able to create printing profiles (in my case, I am using maybe 10 times a day 3 cropping configurations). …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cursor changes to hand tool after exiting full screen mode

I have a selection (arrow) type of cursor set as default. In the full screen mode it changes to hand tool (which I don't mind). But when I exit from full screen mode, cursor is still in hand (pan) mode. It should switch back to the selection tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. save sessions

Hello, can you maybe integrate a way of saving pdf-sessions (multiple tabs saving and storaging at a place, f.e. work, study-subject 1, 2, etc.)

always have to open up 4-5 tabs in different pathways, it's time intensive!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right Click Look Up Words for their Definition

Right Click Look Up Words for their Definition

The option to search for the definition of the word just by selecting then right-click to chose Look Up is very helpful; though I wanted to report a small problem.

If a word has a period (.) behind and you select it, it will search the word in dictionary.com to include the period. For example, if I want to search for a word that is the last in the sentence i.e. the word [questionable.] it will look for that word and the period.

This does not happen with words that have a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text

My acrobat crashes frequently when it tries to read/load the text and I lost all the opened Pdf files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue with Acrobat. Please help me with the below details so that I can help you further.
    Are you facing this issue with every PDF ?

When Acrobat Crashes (If you get this error message “Adobe Acrobat DC has stopped working”) , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs.
    For Getting the Crash Logs:
    1. When Acrobat Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager , Got To Processes, There you can see a process Acrobat.exe / “Adobe Acrobat DC”

2. Right Click on this process and click “Create Dump File”
    3. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).
    4. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail.
    We will investigate the dumps provided by you on priority and…

6. Password protected files ask for password (twice)

Password protected files ask for password to be entered twice.

1.  If the document is opened directly from Outlook: when user opens a password protected PDF from Outlook:

• It will ask user to enter password once (the password for the file)
      • It will again seek password to enable all features in the document

2.  If the PDF is saved from Outlook to the local machine: 

• It will ask user to enter password twice same as above scenario
      • However when the same file is accessed for second time, it will not prompt for password to enable the features again,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pin page

Idea in short: pin the page you are interested in to the left side of your screen while continuing to work with the rest of your document.

As a finance professional, while working with pdf documents, I have to print them out in order to be able to compare some numbers on two different pages or from two different documents. While it is possible to open two documents and compare the pages you are interested in (although the process of arranging two documents on one screen is not as smooth as I wish it be), comparing numbers in one document…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Links to specific pages in other PDFs

I wish to be able to create a link in PDF1 that takes me to a specific page in PDF2 whilst both documents remain open so that I can refer to both documents at the same time. I am a lawyer and for example wish to link a person's statement (in a large PDF) to their exhibit (in a different PDF). I have been in the help chat centre today and cannot believe that this cannot be done. This is first base stuff.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When we give command to the Acrobat to embed index into a PDF file or conduct the OCR, at that time even the other PDFs in other tabs becom

When we give command to the Acrobat to embed index into a PDF file or conduct the OCR, at that time even the other PDFs in other tabs become inaccessible. so there should be feature that such command works in background while we continue to work in the other pdfs in other windows.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. User option to changing highlight color and brightness of "Find" (Ctrl F)

The ability for the user to change the color and brightness of the highlight when using "Find" (Ctrl F) is needed.

In many companies, Adobe Acrobat is used to view and edit thousands of different styles of documents. In many cases, multiple colors are used in each document. These documents can have thousands of pages. The most convenient way to search for particular information is to use the "Find" (Ctrl F) tool. The highlight color that is currently used can easily blend in with the surrounding colors of the documents, making it difficult to locate the highlighted search criteria. If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Resize PDF Pages

It would be very much appreciated if I could resize PDF pages in Acrobat. There's no easy way to do this in Acrobat Pro DC--really, no way except to place the PDF in InDesign and do it that way, which is laborious. This would particularly be helpful when I'm resizing books to create one PDF from multiple files.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. New highlight in Acrobat reader is too faint, multiple highlight options please

In the new update, the color of the highlight changed from the bold yellow to the faint, faded yellow. I really cannot appreciate this change because of the poor contrast the faded yellow has with the white background.

I work with my computer all day and sometimes reduce the brightness level of the screen to reduce glare, which causes eye strain, but now the faded yellow highlight is so hard to see when the screen is on lower brightness.

If you must have this faded yellow color for the highlight, I would want to at least have multiple options selecting…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Extremely slow and freezes constantly. Disappointed

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Roman Numeral Page Numbers

Just be able to add roman numeral page numbers that are reflective of the page labels.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Frequent unexpected or requested program closing

Adobe Acrobat DC frequently closes unexpectedly. Not predictable. Happens with many different files, both single page and multipage documents. Happens at various times in use: first opening file, opening a second file, scrolling through document, highlighting, adding comment, … Program just closes, no freezing, just close and all changes lost. Frequency - multiple times a day. No change from using only one document or having nearly all other programs closed. Occurs when connected to power or just on battery, at all power settings of laptop, at all times of day, and even after computer reboots. Nothing appears to prevent this.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Leave my program setup the way I left it in the previous version!

I set up my tool bar the way I like it, the way it works best for me. You want to add buttons that I don`t want. Like Share. I don't need it. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of it to clean up my tool bar.

If you have something new that might be handy for some, just give us one of your annoying start-up suggestions for 'what's new' and then leave us to decide whether we want it or not.
    WMT

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Page Controls no longer on tool bar, now an invisible tool bar

All the features in the disappearing bottom tool bar is what I use every day. I am in Adobe a great deal of my day, I need to fit one page all the time. When I add the page controls to my tool bar, none of the page controls appear. Can you please let the page controls be on the tool bar again? These updates are slowing me down, and I don't want to start using another application, but I just might start looking around. I'm a big fan of Adobe, but sometimes....

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add feature to move pages in a document

Currently, in order to move pages within a document, you have to go to Organize Pages and highlight the page or pages you want to move. Then you have to drag those pages up to the other point in the document that you want. In a large document, this can take a while.

Please add a way to either cut & paste or tell the program to move the pages following or before a specific other page number.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Customize Cursor

add the option to customize the size, shape, and color of the cursor. similar to autocad.

this will allow easier navigation of the document especially when doing presentations or when doing takeoffs and measurements.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base