Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

522 results found

1. After scan from HP Officejet Pro 8620, Acrobat just closes/crashes. Random occurrence.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Mohit Kumar responded

Hi,

We regret the inconvenience that you are facing. I will take this issue with the engineering team and let you know as soon as a solution is available.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

2. Other products such as as ABBYY Fine Reader can be use OCR for Vietnamese language. So, please consider to add Vietnamese language in your product.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Trung,

Thanks for reporting your concern. We will forward this request to the engineering team.
    We would keep track of this request and keep you updated with the status of the request.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

3. Adobe should allow user to enlarge menu font sizes.

I often want to know what page number I’m working in, but must lean into the screen to visualize the tiny number font listed in the menu bar.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Purchased Adobe Acrobat Pro DC but it's still states that my trial has expired and I need to purchase. I have already gotten an email notification that the purchase was successful. But I still can't access

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. crashes when scaning multiple pages

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
    so that choosing different colors will be easy

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A few days ago Adobe Acrobat updated, and now the File > Save As dialog box comes up blank. Now I am reduced to just saving the file and then saving it to a another file pathname using Windows Explorer. :-(

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Roland,

Thanks for trying out the latest update and apologies for the inconvenience caused. We are investigating the issue and will release a fix soon.

Regards,
    Sandeep

8. When using Adobe Acrobat Pro for scanning documents every 10 minutes, I need to have a "Home" screen with only one button - "Create PDF" + "From Scanner" + "Grayscale Document (front side)".

The new setting is driving me crazy. I wish I could downgrade to the old Adobe Acrobat design!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vladimir,
    We regret the inconvenience that you are facing. I will take this issue with the management and let you know as soon as a solution is available.

Regards,
    Mohit Kumar

9. When creating PDFs with multiple images that each have a unique filename, I would like to be able to insert that filename on the corresponding page so that I can more easily navigate to that file if I need to search for it on my computer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please extend the advanced search with formatting options (bold, italic, etc.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There should be an easy to find, one click toggle type button that changes the background from white to the transparency grid.
    I often work with PDFs with some amount of transparency for one reason or another, and when showing people that are not familiar with the transparency grid it gets confusing, so if I could quickly toggle the background to white that would help out a lot. Actually, being able to toggle bleed lines and such on and off would be a big help too.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have a single deskew tool using handle to rotate or enter degrees to get the best results

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Lovekesh garg responded

Thanks for reporting your concern. As of now there is no such option. I will share this idea with the team.
    We will get back to you if there is any update.

Thanks.

14. While opening a pdf that was scanned in the wrong direction, an algorithm would detect which side was up and automatically rotate the document so you wouldn’t have to click rotate manually. This would be a big time saver.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a feature request logged for this. We will update you once Engineering team will prioritize it and fix it.
    Thanks.

15. Acrobat DC doesn't remember settings of action "Create PDF file from scanner", in Output: i have to manually select "Multiple files" instead of the default "One File",
    and when saving files at the end of the scan, i have each time to change the default acrobat directory.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for reporting your concern. This is the designed behavior as of now.
    We will look into this and inform you if fixed.

Thanks.

16. RE:Acrobat Professional ver. 2017 and DC

In version 9 I was able to reduce the size of a thumbnail whereby I could view +/- 50 thumbnail pages alongside of a single page document view. According to tech support, this functionality is no longer available. If the only way to see more than +/- 5 thumbnails is to fill the screen with the thumbnail pane, then what is the point of thumbnails at all. I have attached a screen shot to show how I view a document.

It would be extremely useful to bring back this basic functionality. Given that older…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Mike

We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this. In the meantime as you yourself mentioned, you can resize the thumbnails panel to a size where you can accommodate more thumbnails and can still see the document.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
    Vivek

17. Please add the split option to the "tools to add" when creating a new Action Wizard action.

This would allow for automated actions to be created where split top level bookmarks using bookmark names for file names utilized as part of a action, so it wouldn't be necessary to physically go through the setup process of: Organize Pages/Split/Split by: Top level bookmarks/Output Options/Use bookmark names for file names.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I think Adobe Acrobat Pro DC should work as Acrobat Reader after the trial period ends. This way, like in my case, people that want to buy a monthly subscription on and off can still use it as Acrobat Reader and don't need to install Acrobat Reader separately.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In previous versions of Adobe Acrobat / reader you could use a 3d mouse (3dconnexion) to zoom and navigate a document. This is very helpful on larger drawing type documents where you want to move around and zoom in. I noticed that the 3d mouse does work to scroll up and down a text type document. Are there any plans to integrate zoom and pan features?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Choose View > Zoom > Pan & Zoom, or click the Pan & Zoom tool in the Select and Zoom toolbar.

Do any of the following:
    1.Drag the handles of the box in the Pan & Zoom window to change the document magnification.

2.Drag the center of the box to pan across the area you want to see.

3.Click the navigation buttons to move to a different page.

4.Enter a value in the zoom text box, or click the plus or minus buttons to increase or decrease the magnification by preset levels.

20. Problem: When doing an Advanced Search, in order to find out the page number of any given search result, you must hover the pointer over each individual search hit and wait for a popup of its page number to appear.

Feature request: Show the page numbers on which those hits occur, and preferably in a column to the left of each search hit.

Reason it's needed: This would save a tremendous amount of time for certain labor intensive tasks, for instance, manually indexing a book. To elaborate a bit: When manually indexing a large book (say, 500 pages), you regularly…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hi Tim

We have shared your concern with the team and we will look into this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards
    Vivek

1 2 5 7 9 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?