Feature request / Bug report

Full Tools, Menu customisation

Acrobat DC wastes so much screen space in non-customisable areas - It is common to 'snap' the Acrobat Application to Half-Screen - but doing so hides many menu Tools, but ALWAYS leaves 'Home, Tools, Document & then The Login Name. - These are rarely (never) used.
Please allow them to be Hidden, Or return Menu/Tool icons to a 'normal' design/style as used in the previous 10 versions of Acrobat.
'PRO' does not = Tablet user.

366 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Opening files is far too slow with the new interface - among other annoying things pointed out by other users. Working with Acrobat DC is simply irritating, not time saving and hardly very productive. Sometimes and old solution was far better. I´m sorry to say that this goes for Acrobat DC.

Is there any way to customize the toolbar and icons to make them smaller on Acrobat DC? Recently forced to use DC at work and was told it is the latest version so i've no choice. But i agree with posts here, Acrobat DC is THE WORST! Work efficientcy has gone done since using this.

I agree with the posts before me. Acrobat is hardly usable if you want to hurry, especially when working with comments. Surprisingly, it hardly makes a difference if you use Acrobat on a 2009 iMac or the iMac Pro. It is still slow and quits unexpectedly too often. Same goes for inDesign actually.

DC Pro has unfortunately been developed into a sluggish, bloated and complicated piece of pdf editing software. It needs to be re-imagined from the bottom up. PDFs aren't going away ... but Adobe customers are. If Affinity can develop the next greatest pdf editing tool - I won't let the door hit me on the way out. Just waiting to get the next big cost savings for my company by abandoning Adobe products altogether.

It is so disappointing that since marking this feature request as "Under Review" that Adobe hasn't commented on this. This is the most requested feature and yet Adobe has remained quiet.

Adobe - can you PLEASE comment on this? Are you addressing this or not?!?!?

PLEASE bring back Adobe Pro X or even XI. Acrobat DC is absolutely the MOST INEFFICIENT and horrible program ever conceived by evil programmers who never actuallly have to use their product.

I can't find my tools and am unable to customize the ones I use most frequently. Previous versions of Acrobat were far more flexible and were not "one size fits all" (or should it be "one size fits no one").

If I were not FORCED to use it at work, I would try to find a copy of the older software!

Sorry for the rant, but I am SUPER FRUSTRATED and no one seems to be listening.

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the worst adobe I've ever used. Functionality hardly exist in this version. Icons are to large on the tool bar and a lot of unnecessary wasted space.

Just spent 10 minutes trying to crop something. It was easy ONCE I FOUND IT. Everything is dumbed down into kindergarten-style icons, and buried in a deep hierarchy of oftentimes nonsensical categories! I have Acrobat 11 at work and treasure it. Hear at home I am forced to curse at DC. Adobe, you have joined Microsoft and several other companies that I will never willingly choose to use.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I add zoom to my Toolbar? I use different types of zooms depending on what I am doing.

Seems like nobody on earth likes the new DC version. Am I wrong or should I just use Acrobat XI forever and ever.....?

The interface is terrible. I can't find anything or do anything I used to do. I think it was designed for a cell phone. Every icon is so large and the font is so big. And it is trying to create its own "windows" looking box as you save files that I despise. I do what I need to in Acrobat and exit as soon as I can.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its great that the Big Blue Button has been made a lot smaller but unless easy and simple access to the tools needed via the tool bad is made available again through complete customisation of the bar productivity is being affected which means when we review our program use and productivity we may have to dump Adobe Pro and look for something that will allow us to do our job efficiently.

• Mike Reed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More toolbar customization please!
        I understand "forcing your agenda" on people using the free editions but not on the paying customers. The Pros should be able to modify everything to fit their workflow. Please.

I would like to see the Enlarge (+) and Decrease (-) buttons separately on the tool bar. The extra clicking required to enlarge a document - and hope the cursor doesn't slide off the screen and delete the sizing screen - are too many steps. When I want to enlarge something briefly I'd prefer one click and I'm done! Thanks

• Sandy Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adobe doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. They've created fully customizable interfaces for Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and other CC programs. Please build us Acrobat Pro CC 2019 with a similar UI and kill DC once and for all. Or watch all your customers switch to Bluebeam.

• Paul O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Jeff, most of our staff spent a trial period with Bluebeam. All of those users were sad when the 14 days were over. If you've ever compared other image editing software to Photoshop, you know what I mean. If Acrobat Pro is MS Paint, then Bluebeam is Photoshop.

• Jeff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Paul O'Brian: We are looking at possibly switching to Bluebeam as well I'm going to look at the trial version and see how it compares. do you like it thus far?

• Paul O'Brien commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread helped convinced the mgmt that we should switch to Bluebeam this month. Employees everywhere are shedding metaphorical tears of joy.

And here we are at 311 votes, 118 comments and still nothing from Adobe to indicate what's being done about this after being "UNDER REVIEW" since September 4th 2017.

So disheartening.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
      Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base