Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

372 results found

1. If you add a pdf link in word it will not be accessible when you CONVERT the document to pdf. BUT if you create a pdf using the word file, the links created in the word document will be accessible. My request is that you make the hyperlinks accessible through pdf conversion as well. MEANING, please have the accessible when you file>>save as >> pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Fix the IE plugin "Select" feature. It shows the red line box around a screen region, does not keep the region selected, and then proceeds to make a PDF of the ENTIRE web page, not the chosen region. And it makes the PDF in landscape orientation, with all the menus, footers, headers, and junk we don't need. There seems to be no way to fix this behavior in Acrobat DC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  pooja . responded

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We have recorded it in our database.

Best Regards!

3. Make Adobe Pro compatible with Chrome please so that it can convert web pages to pdf files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I cannot vote for the hundreds of other suggestions that suggest this same thing!!! Adobe personnel have closed them too quickly. However, I would like to be able to create a PDF from a word document (or any other document type) and have linked documents (of all types) appended to the pdf the way Acrobat does for "Create a PDF from a website" options. This is not just a "nice to have" this is a MUST HAVE and if I find a competing product that already does this, I will buy it and cease my use of Acrobat Pro.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. save individual (or multiple) layers as pdf. even better, export layered photoshop file that maintains pdf layers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bug
    When I choose File>Create>Combine Files into a Single PDF,
    It should COMBINE FILES INTO A SINGLE PDF, not create a portfolio, which is what it does.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2018.011.20040
    Windows 10 64bit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. include a feature when converting files they remain in the same folder / directory to avoid major file displacements...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Please try creating from File > Create > Create Multiple PDF files
    Add the files that you want and as you press OK, click on “The Same folder selected at the start” when asked for target folder.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
    Tanvi

9. In Adobe XI, we were able to hide the Editing Tools and toolbars in a Portfolio, so when we sent it to a client, they were able to only view the documents. Can we please get that capability back in Adobe Acrobat 2017?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to create a pdf using only part of a document using the Acrobat add-in for Microsoft Office.

It is important that the section of the document contain all the bookmarks relevant to that sections.

Extracting pages from the full document leads to a pdf with no bookmarks.

The only way I've found so far is to delete the unwanted pages and then to delete the unwant4ed bookamerks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We use text boxes or callout tool to "balloon" customer prints with several different colors representing the type of feature or dimension. Would like to be able to view the different colors by "groups" or "layers" in any combination. Current use of layers does not work as it imports each separate ballooned print over the other and are only visible by toggling between but not in combination with each other. Have talked to adobe direct and verified there is no support for this type of function at this time. Seems like a simple feature to me, we have used this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As a new user of Acrobat DC, I combine 2 files and save the portfolio. When I open up my new combined file there is a column panel on the left that shows the 2 documents that I combined. I cannot scroll through my new combined document from page 1 to the end. Rather, I must use arrows to toggle between my 2 documents. What am I missing to see it as one new combined document? Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  2 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow users to select which sheets they need when combining macro enabled excel sheets like it does when combining non macro enabled excel sheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our notice. Your valuable feedback helps us improving our product. We have logged a feature request for this issue. While we do not have any plans to work on it in immediate future, we’ll have it in our radar and might revisit at an appropriate time in future.

With Best Regards!

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Hi ,

To keep links in converted pdf, please apply/check motioned setting:
    Launch Visio, got to menu Acrobat→ Preferences. In Acrobat PDFMaker Setting select/check “Add Links” under “Application Setting”.
    Now convert the visio file to pdf and let us know if you face any problem.

Thanks,
    Mridula

15. As with Acrobat 9 Pro, your new DC versions needs a "choose pages or select pages" option when combining multiple documents into one pdf. The old version easily allowed you to select the individual document, and enter that you wanted to include only pages 1-22, 56-68, 543. Only these pages would be included. With DC I was just told by your customer support team that I would need to expand the document, and scroll through what could be a 1,000 page document and hand select the pages I need. Will not purchase program if this is the only way to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Resolved  ·  mrraj@adobe.com responded

Hi Liz G,

Sorry for the late reply.
    Selecting page range for combing is already present in combine feature of Acrobat.
    After adding the file switch to list view of combine and Select the pdf you want to choose mention the range and click on “Page Range”. choose your page range (eg 1-5,10-12 etc). Combine to get desire result.

Thanks,
    Mridula

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura

Seems like your default Excel handler is changed to Acrobat. You can change the default Excel handler by following steps:

1. right-click on any Excel file.
    2. Go to Properties.
    3. Click on “Change…” button against "Opens With: " and select Excel from the list of apps. If you don’t see it, click on More Apps or navigate to your Excel install location where you can find excel.exe
    4. Once done, click on Apply > OK.

It should work fine now.

Thanks
    Tanvi

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Feature requests for enhancing PDF Portfolios from Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board -
    • Distribution of content updates - Ability to manage a portfolio centrally without trying to go through a content management system like Sharepoint.
    • Annotations – mainly the ability to carry over the comments and highlights each board member has done when a document in the central portfolio is updated.
    • Easy to Navigate – Ability to add an Agenda page with hotlinks to the different sections in the Portfolio.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Covert web page to PDF - one that works in WIN 10 and with Firefox and Google Chrome

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. i want to copy webpages from all the major browsersacrobat dc win 10 -many dont nor have the acrobat logo in the toolbar at top of page even when i set themupin/settings /options.
    could not acrobat dc in windows 10 make a list of browsers, search engines’, etc are compatible with acrobat dc (personally i am not in interested in the photo stuff &their ilk lwhich acrobat DC pushes in their adds& email--is acrobat dc implying that the photo etc section are the only thing that the browsers&, search engines etc., are the main thing that acrobat dc can do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?