Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10828 results found

1. Previously, you could just open Acrobat and do an advanced search and select a folder to search, without having an actual PDF open. Now, advanced search is greyed out unless you have a doc open, even if you are not going to search the document, but rather a folder. What's the point of making users open a pdf when they don't want to search a single file?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I Think Adobe is the leader of all companies in this business but still not succeed in gaining more customers because of expensive cost of subscription . My suggestion is : To Let customers choose Perpetual subscription and Make discount to appreciate you more .

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If you're using the darkmode, all the images turning to black and white. It is unpractical if you're reading a paper with some color-coded diagrams in it.
    Suggestion: implement an option, do change the behavior of the darkmode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The "Get a Link" button has been disabled for Portfolios as of a recent update. Myself and many others in the legal field were using this feature. Also, disabling the "Get a Link" button makes no sense because the " Share with Others" button still works and can cause the same confusion for the person trying to download the portfolio. I understand that you had problems with people having trouble downloading the portfolio, but this attempted fix isn't a good solution. Instead, you should provide more help on the download page, which as of now, just says to download Adobe…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please update Acrobat DC Pro, Illustrator, and FrameMaker 2019 so the licensing works with the current Windows 7 behavior and release a patch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adobe Acrobat DC desperately needs an 'Append' feature.
    - When we do invoicing, we print the invoice to a PDF file, then pay the invoice and have a payment receipt from the bank. This gets combined with the original invoice file (appended) and saved for accounting and records.
    - With Nitro Pro, this was super-simple. We simply made the first PDF then when we printed the second file (the receipt file) to a pdf we selected the first file and got a dialog box asking if we wanted to 'replace' or 'append' the new file to the existing one. Select…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adobe Acrobat 2020 when selecting "Send File..." displays a prompt "Send by email" with a prompt to select either the Default email client or Webmail. Every...time...

Adobe Reader 2020 when selecting "Send File..." displays a dialogue the initial time with an option to "Remember my choice" to select Default email application or Webmail. If the application and
    "Remember..." option is selected this dialogue does not display again and future PDF emailing drops directly in to Outlook.

The paid Acrobat software needs to behave like the free Reader by not having an errant pointlessly repetitive prompt every single time to attach…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Not only does Acrobat need a Dark Mode, it needs to be compatible with fillable forms. Bright white screens are ******* the eyes, and it's not fair to our eyeballs to change the fillable forms box to BLACK whenever we change to custom colors to ease the glare from the screen. We can't see what we're typing, We need this feature!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please stop charging for basic features like being able to edit a PDF. If I make a PDF and add text to it, I should be able to do as I wish with it. It shouldn't be fixed in place and require a subscription just to change it.

Same goes for being able to rotate a page. Features such as these shouldn't be hidden behind a pay wall.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I use ctrl = scroll wheel to scroll and space bar to pan. when i am finished i would like a shortcut...(like ctrl+shft=W) to leave the pdf at the whole page view. I need to be able to review large design plans, markup, and navigate quickly. I can't do this anymore. It use to be so clean and precise. Now its bloated and balooning like a cartoon, and does not seem to function well. If anyone has any secret tips to navigate large pdfs lightning quick while making edits, please let me know.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No matter how minimal of a folder-level script that I create (even with comments only), I am seeing "Exception in line 1 of function top_level, script App:Init" in the debugger console. If I remove all user scripts leaving only debugger.js, the message goes away.

I have tried to catch the exception and the error never actually throws into the "catch()".

Acrobat Pro DC on Mac Version 2021.007.20091
    ECMAScript Plugin Version 21.007.20091- Date 11/4/17, 10:39:56AM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have encountered several cases of PDF documents in the past few years. When I signed the first signature, Acrobat DC verified the signature correctly, but when I added the second signature (even though the second signature was signed with Acrobat DC) , Acrobat DC will report that the previous signature is invalid, but I didn’t actually make any changes. Other PDF software (Acrobat 9.0 Pro/iText/Foxit) can verify these signatures correctly. I don't understand what causes the Acrobat DC verification to fail?

In addition, I also encountered a "1 miscellaneous change(s)" problem in Case1.pdf

Use the latest Windows 10 and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have encountered several cases of PDF documents in the past few years. When I signed the first signature, Acrobat DC verified the signature correctly, but when I added the second signature (even though the second signature was signed with Acrobat DC) , Acrobat DC will report that the previous signature is invalid, but I didn’t actually make any changes. Other PDF software (Acrobat 9.0 Pro/iText/Foxit) can verify these signatures correctly. I don't understand what causes the Acrobat DC verification to fail?

In addition, I also encountered a "1 miscellaneous change(s)" problem in Case1.pdf

Use the latest Windows 10 and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please allow the user to draw a straight line with the highlight tool. Trying to track a straight line through text with the mouse is nearly impossible. It blows my mind that this feature is not available in a PDF reader that costs $180 per year

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. the Acrobat add-on for HCL-Notes is not working any more after Updrading from Notes version 9 to version 10 or version 11.
    Can Acrobat DC be made compatible with the latest HCL-Notes version?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. "Add Checkmark" does not work. also, the entire interface is super sluggish. I mean, super sluggish.

Architecture: x86_64
    Processor: Intel
    Build: 21.7.20091.452411
    AGM: 4.30.110
    CoolType: 6.0.0
    JP2K: 2.0.1.49214

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Adobe Acrobat and Reader official update (21.007.20099) containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat and Reader. You may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

More information about this release is here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/release-notes-acrobat-reader.html
    Please try it out and let us know your feedback!
Thanks for your patience and support!

Regards,

Arvind

17. After receiving an invitation to sign, on the signing web page, if I choose "decline to sign", then typed the reasons, the "Cancel"and "Decline" bottom (which turns in blue") cannot be clicked by a mouse.

the bottoms can still be selected by using "tab" key.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copy Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome's vertical tabs feature for open documents. I often have many tabs open and documents which have been saved or named similarly - especially the first few letters of the filename. This makes navigating between documents difficult because you can't see enough of the file name or title. You have to remember them based on the position of the tabs (which of course changes as you add tabs).

Also, I would like to be able to edit the file name or the file title directly from the tab, even with the document open.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. i want to disable line weight (ctrl + 5) as default please.
    how to this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi, when I use the Acrobat plugin for Outlook, I had expected that I could track comments, but I cannot. This is not explicit.

I would like more options for shared review of PDFs directly in Outlook, as this means I would not have to send follow up emails (for internal tracking this is required in our organization).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?