Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot copy some Japanese characters

Copying some Japanese characters with Acrobat Pro DC and Reader for Mac (2021.005.20048) on Big Sur 11.4 does not work, while it is OK with Reader for Windows (2021.005.20048).

Please try this PDF for example.
    https://www.pref.gifu.lg.jp/uploaded/attachment/252764.pdf

Copy and paste of "美濃加茂市" becomes "美濃加 市".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Acrobat Crashes immediately on startup using Mac OS Big Sur

Brief title: Adobe acrobat crashes on Mac os Big Sur
    Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1. Install Big Sur
    2. Try to do anything in Adobe acrobat (any version)

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Mac os big sur

Expected result
    Adobe should work

Observed result
    Adobe crashes with the following trace: (attached as trace.rtf)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PDFMaker is broken within Microsoft Word for MAC on Apple M1

The PDFMaker ribbon for Microsoft Word for Mac (version 16.49) is broken on Apple M1 with the current latest version of Adobe Creative Cloud Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2021.001.20155

The PDFMaker ribbon is installed, the icon visible is greyed out and is missing the export PDF button and the preferences button.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Federated ID: How can we tell Acrobat DC to sign users in automatically? (SSO)

How can we tell Acrobat to automatically sign the user in? Right now, when the user opens Acrobat the first time, they're asked to sign in, click "sign in with an enterprise ID", type their email address, etc. before they can actually use the SSO piece.

Our users log on to their PCs with the same identity the federated ID will use. Is there a registry key or deployment option we can set that will attempt to sign in with the logged in user's identity? We're trying to make this as seamless as possible for our users.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Acrobat 2020 stops responding when saving

When saving a pdf, acrobat stops responding and must be force quit. This usually does not happen with "save as", only with save. I am running Mac OS Big Sur, version 11.4. Acrobat Pro 2020 (obtained through my university) is version 2020.001.30020. A text file of the crash report is attached

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Classic version: Add "Always use filename as document title" option

Many of our form users have the Classic version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, and they are unhappy with the recent change that forces the document title to display, rather than the file name. Unlike my Continuous version, they have the Classic version and it does not have the option to change that display setting: They are missing this checkbox in their preferences: Documents>Open Settings>Always use filename as document title (checkbox)

Adobe Support confirmed there is no ETA for if/when this feature will be added to the Classic version. We'd really like to see it added so our users can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not all Comments showing by default in commented PDF

Open PDF – note that Acrobat DC reports one comment in sidebar on right of window.

This is on Acrobat Pro DC, up-to-date (version 2021.001.20155), Running on MacOS Catalina (v.10.15.7). Comments were made on Acrobat Reader DC for PC, (version 2021.001.20138)

Expected result – should display the amount of total comments in the PDF.

Observed result – only displays comments once those pages are navigated to or scrolled past.

This has been reproducible on multiple versions of MacOS

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. notify user if file is already in use

Prompt or notify user if a PDF file is already open. Currently the file just opens and locks both users from being able to save the file.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove rounded edges on highlights

The rounded edges/sides of highlights have got to go. It boggles my mind that this doesn't seem to be more of an issue to others.

If you highlight a portion of text, the left and right sides of the highlight are shaped such that it both visually and functionally spills over onto the adjacent [un-highlighted] text.

Because of this, the adjacent text is extremely difficult to select; 9/10 times, you end up selecting the highlight element. The resulting markup just looks cartoonish as well.

I’m guessing that implementing a rounded shape for all highlight objects in acrobat, is far more…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove Sign On Screen For Adobe Pro

I work at a Library and we just purchased Adobe Professional for our public computer lab. Unfortunately, I was just told by support that there is no way to use Adobe Pro without having to sign in. We do not want to have to sign in for each user that needs it plus I do not want to stay signed in with my user name. It is absolutely ridiculous that there is no work around or a registry edit that would allow the sign on screen to be removed. Surely, we are not the only ones where having to sign…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please provide a copy of Adobe Terms of Use in PDF

The Terms of Use of Adobe products is covered at https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html
    Please also provide this in PDF format, and place that on the internet also, and provide a link to the PDF copy on your various websites. Thank you. This request is made 2021-06-04.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ARM64 compatible version of DC Pro

REALLY need the arm64 version out for my DC Pro subscription

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automate changing comment annotation from one shape/color to another

Please create an option in Acrobat DC Pro to automate the changing the comment annotation from one shape and color to another. Currently this is a manual process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scope and associated header cells in tables should show when you hover over a cell

It would be amazing if you didn't have to go all the way inside Cell Properties to check and see what a header cell's scope is set as, and what header cells are associated with any given cell in a table. If, once you were already inside Table Editor, that information would be available when you hover over any given cell (could be a feature that can be turned on or off), it would save so much time and effort in a very tedious job.

When a table is really large or complicated, it can be easy to lose your…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. I have shared your concern with the higher management. I’ll update you on the request one I receive a response.

Meanwhile, check out the new features on latest version of Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. "Find" (CNTRL + F) highlight color needs to be more visible

When I search for text on the page, the "highlight" that indicates the presence of that word on the page is IMPOSSIBLE to see. We need some way of really making text STAND OUT. For, example, in the image below I've searched for the word "chair." Can YOU see it? (hint: 22.18)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Impossible to save and rename files easily?!?!?!

Renaming and saving files easily is now impossible!!! What the holy heck did you dO????

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Window cannot be closed after parsing with "Preflight" and "Analyze and fix"

Acrobat Version : Pro 2021.001.20135
    Phenomenon : Window does not close when using preflight fixup

Process :
    1. Open any PDF files
    2. Open Print Production Menu
    3. Click Preflight menu
    4. Choose "Convert to PDF/X-1a (Japan Color 2001 Coated) "
    5. Click Analyze and fix button
    6. Wait until the process is complete
    7. Attempts to close the window after exiting (preflight or main window)

Occur this issue, it is possible to quit Acrobat on the Windows taskbar.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bug - Yellow Text Highlighting No Longer Works

One of your recent updates broke my ability to use the yellow highlighter on the ribbon tool bar at the top in Acrobat to highlight text in PDF documents. This used to work great but now when I try to highlight, it grabs a huge area of the document and is completely useless now. See attachments. I use this all the time (or I did) so please fix this ASAP! Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please, use white texts instead of dark blue which is unreadable

Please, use white texts instead of dark blue which is unreadable.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Program crashes when I try to print.

Everytime I try and print a pdf on adobe it crashes. I've redownloaded like 5 times. cleaned it off device with revo uninstaller. continues to crash when I print. Also this dialogue box pops up whenever i open adobe when two blank buttons on it. Tried to upload screenshots but the layout has errors all over it. I don't have this problem with any other program. i'm on a relatively new $3600 laptop. I use adobe all day so this is very irritating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 281 282
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base