Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

10536 results found

1. I'd like to revert to the previous version of Acrobat - the new version is NOT better - more confusing!

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I almost got a heart attack. I was working on a pdf, then I opened a new document and the Acrobat interface was completely different.

I use Acrobat every day and the new interface is too different from the old one. Tools are difficult to find because they have been placed somewhere else.

I definitely don't have time to learn how to use a new software. I didn't not appreciate to be face to this suddent change without any warning.

It would be better to give user the option to customize the left and right pannels. If it's already possible,…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ADOBE has SCREWED up their product!!!! It is HORRIBLE!!!! Anything BUT user friendly!!!!! I will be looking for a different option if Adobe does not change it back.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WTF are you thinking! Who has the idea of "simplifying" someone's interface when it's not asked for. I didn't even get a choice! All of a sudden this morning I find my whole setup was changed. Flip-flopped the side margins! Reset my toolbar. Make me look at a hideous floating toolbar when there is plenty of room to dock it! I don't have time to figure out how to re-learn how to use your program today! I need to get my reports edited and sent out and now I'm stuck trying to find where all my tools went!

And you…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Every other stupid user interface you've introduced has at least been reversible or I could work around it. Now I'm stuck with a user interface that is COUNTER-PRODUCTIVE. For the work I do, I SIMPLY CANNOT USE IT. I need to be able to switch rapidly from one window to another, to compare for QC, so having immovable tools on the sides that get clicked accidentally makes that impossible. If this doesn't change, I will be forced to stop using Adobe products. Oh, and fire whoever thought this up, because they suck.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'm not sure who is leading these changes at Adobe but they shouldn't be allowed to have the say anymore. Do you know how much time we have to spend in re-training users when you "re-imagine" the UI? We have so many help tickets trying to assist users with getting back the tools they need to perform their job. How about you leave well enough alone?

I really wish my employer would find a better alternative that isn't going to change the UI every couple years and cause headaches for everyone. Loss time and wages because some genius at Adobe…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is extremely frustrating that the scroll bars are missing on the September 2023 release of Acrobat DC - they re-appear on a mouse click, but do not respond to Wacom pen. So to scroll through a PDF, the pen has to be put aside. This is slowing down my work considerably, and there has been a lot of frustration expressed in the Adobe Support Community, especially among Wacom users. This is not a behaviour that we can be expected to "get used to" or "love", as it has not been designed with the user in mind.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to use old interface. New layout is not user friendly and is slowing my production down.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Congratulations on complicating something that should be really straight forward. At least make everything editable, so I can keep the buttons I use more as shortcuts. The pages navigator and zoom being on the right side is just plain stupid.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove this new interface. Due to the update all settings of my old interface (shortcuts, custom button position) are lost and I have to set up my "workspace" new.
    Stop deleting the users setting when an update is made - while we pay 700 Euro per year and person.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I have adobe panes, quick tools, toolbar, etc. customized so that all the tools I use are in easy reach. I do NOT need to waste my time rebuilding my workspace just to make it functional again.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Most of the time when there is an upgrade you get used to it and after a while see the benefits of it or at least accept the change.
    But I have never seen such an awfull designed UI like with the latest Upgrade.
    Everything is moved for no reason where we are used to locations of buttons and functions. Why is the Save button on top right where in 99% of all other applications its top left same for print etc.

If someone works with this the first time, he might gets used to it but for me personally…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can we please have the old Acrobat UI back? I hate, HATE this new interface! What was the reason to completely change the look of Acrobat? I'd much rather the effort go into making the program more stable than ruining the user interface. Adobe has been swinging and missing far too often lately.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When the system setting on macOS for "Show scroll bars" is set to "Always", Adobe Acrobat does not honor this setting.

If you toggle the setting in macOS system settings to another option and then back to "Always", the scroll bar shows up.

If you close the PDF or Acrobat, or open a different PDF, the scroll bar disappears.

The scrollbar should always be present on all PDF's when this setting is checked in the macOS System Settings, OR an option should be available in the Adobe Acrobat preferences with similar functionality.

Architecture: arm64
    Processor: Apple M1
    Build: 23.6.20320.0
    AGM:…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New interface is almost unusable. I have to basically edit and save documents multiple times a day. Both of those options are buried and when I used the edit feature I couldn't even figure out how to stop using it. thank goodness you had the option (though it was well hidden) to revert to the original UI. what were you thinking?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Really, change it back to the old version and demote the team that thought this was a good idea.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I am annoyed and distracted by the constant prompts to use Adobe's Generative AI feature. I do not want this feature. I have disabled the feature. But I still see a brightly colored button advertising it every time I open Adobe. What is worse, when I try to do a simple search, I get another prompt encouraging me to use Generative AI. I already pay $20/month for Acrobat. I should not have view ads on software I am paying for. But Adobe repeatedly forces me to view what is essentially an ad for an feature I do not want. It's…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. What was the perceived problem with the old interface? Did any user testing go into the redesign? I feel sorry for the designers and developers who had to implement this overhaul, and I feel disdain for the leadership that must have driven the change. Middle management should push back harder against initiatives like this.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. new layout is garbage. switched everything around for no reason whatsoever. incompetence at best.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. You have to ask, Who is in charge?!
    Why does Adobe try their utmost to make their programmes so counter intuitive. Global industry standard since day one has been basic commands in the top LH corner. Not now, this backward programme stuffs them elsewhere, or completely hides/removes them.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?