Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Acrobat crashes when copying text

Acrobat crashes when copying text -- no error message appears, application just closes. Document is fairly large (~1000 pages), created in Adobe FrameMaker. Acrobat only crashes if document is tagged -- if all tagging is removed, we are able to copy text easily.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Could not activate Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Catalina 10.15.3

Operating System: macOS Catalina 10.15.3
    Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 Release: 2017.011.30158

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Installed Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017 on macOS Catalina 10.15.2 in January
    2. Upgrade that mac to 10.15.3
    3. Got a new laptop and transfer all applications from old one to new one
    4. Upgrade the new laptop's macOS to 10.15.3 as well
    5. Try to open Adobe Acrobat Pro 2017
    6. Acrobat Pro 2017 request signing in
    7. Click on "Sign in Now"
    8. Window titled "Acrobat Licensing Application" appears with blank content
    9. Waited for hours and nothing is going on

Fixes tried:
    1.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to save a prepared Adobe Sign, and PREVIEW for QC, after completing Step 2 prior to sending

Need to be able to save a prepared Adobe Sign, and PREVIEW for quality control, after completing Step 2 of adding signature blocks prior to sending. Example: I built out the signature piece and wanted to SAVE it for Review with my client of where to sign BEFORE I sent it to client for signatures. I was unable to do either of these. As a result, I felt nervous sending the document out to client because I was forced to send it directly after my first pass of prepping for signatures. I tried to create a template and that was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when reducing file size

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when reducing file size. I get no error message, no compressed file is produced, the original file is unaltered. This happens on multiple different files and is not associated with one particular file. Typically my files have been created originally from a word document (including images), and then have other PDFs inserted as additional pages which originate from excel and autocad.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10
    OS Version: 10.0.18362
    Acrobat Version: 20.6.20042.371103

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove buttons on (left) Navigation Pane

It is very easy to add buttons to left Navigation pane. However, you cannot remove individual buttons.

The only option is to Reset the pane returning the three original buttons (thumbnails, bookmarks, attachments).

It seems there should be a way to remove individual buttons at will (not just reset).

Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why did Acrobat change the UI to this simplistic, childish design? Terrible, slower to use.

Acrobat Pro used to be seamless, easy to use and efficiently laid out. Now it looks like some child's puzzle game where you have to access numerous screens to accomplish what you used to be able to do from ONE PLACE.
    Maddening, dumb redesign that apparently was done for what? Tablet use? Why ruin something many of us use in professional settings so students and casual users can play around with their school prom flyer on mom's ipad?
    It is ugly and not at all intuitive. Clearly the project team didn't have anyone with institutional knowledge involved.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  22 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe recently removed option to send Zipped Folders from Send & Track. Was working fine a couple of months ago...now requires $$$

Adobe recently removed option to send Zipped Folders from Send & Track. It was working fine a couple of months ago...I inquired and now Adobe is saying that you need a paid subscription. I purchased the product outright which is costly, but do not want to deal with subscriptions for every PC (especially in office environment with a ton of computers).....hence the fact of buying the product. Please BRING IT BACK!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Editing Arabic text in pdf leads to corrupted pdf

We discovered a word that need to be replaced during our final pdf output from Framemaker so we edited the pdf. Once we copied the Arabic word from our excel spread sheet the entire book became corrupted by scrambling letters, changing font appearances and reversing parenthesis and other characters. Need this fixed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Recent files" bug under macOS Catalina? No files show (yes, in Home view)

File management issue. Or UI issue.

No recently opened files appear at all. Not in the Open Recent menu, not after I choose to show all recent files.

Yes, even in the Home view.

(And now the UserVoice form is not allowing me to post my report. Perpetual "Server Communications problems! Please try again.") message.)

Slows me down a bit.

In MacOS (Catalina 10.15.3).
    Acrobat:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 20.6.20042.371807
    AGM: 4.30.98
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.45402

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recent files, don't actually show the most recent file

Recent files list don't actually show the most recent file. I think files opened from email or API don't show in the ist ... MIA.

There have been many good ideas requested by other users but you mark them as "Resolved" instead of "Rejected". Just pointing to a style guide or help page that is incorrect is not solving anybodies problem.

We will keep creating new requests for these missing features and bugs until you listen and REALLY FIX them. Often they seem quiet trivial but are great time savers for some users. Please leave them as "Unresolved" unless you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. preferences>general dialogue box too large

When I go to change the preferences > general, the dialogue box is too large, and i cannot access the cancel or okay button. I either have to change my display resolution to make it show in its entirety on the screen, or i have to tab, tab, tab to 'hopefully' get to the button to select it, without seeing it. All other dialogue boxes to the other sections seem to resize perfectly, utilizing a second or third column of text, i.e.Preferences> Page Display. Fortunately, this issue with the General section seems to be the only one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add support for the Data URL scheme

Currently, embedded links which use the Data URL schema are blocked by Adobe Acrobat even when adjusting security settings. Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to support reading these links as they're simply opened in a browser, but we need Acrobat to stop blocking these links. I've attached an example PDF with an embedded data url.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Highlight feature not working properly. It selects a large chunk of the page to highlight.

Highlight feature not working properly. It selects a large chunk of the page to highlight.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug: “Create Contents item for link annotation” fix fails!

If we create a tagged PDF from InDesign, the contents item for hyperlinks is missing. This can be fixed with Acrobats single preflight fix: Create Contents Item For Link Annotations.

However, this broke already in 2019 and still is broken in 2020!
    In 2018 it works in one go.

In 2019 and 2020 we have to run it is many as five times before it is actualy applied!

We save the document each time under a different name, sometimes the third time we run the fix it sticks, sometimes after five times, sometimes not at all.

Now we heard this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Redact tool not working

Updated today as prompted by Adobe. My redaction tool no longer works. When I go to apply redactions, I just get a white box with a spinning blue circle in it. Tried restarting, extremely frustrating as redactions and batestamping are the only reason I'm paying for an adobe subscription. Redactions worked beautifully on the version I updated from.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Annoying changes

Why do I have to sign in to forward a file to email? This is a new function and it's **** annoying. Please change it back or I will switch to Bluebeam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. file will not save to anything.

file won't save, everything greyed out. no explanation why. need to send to print asap. horrible software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Page Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Home functionality same as othe rAdobe products

Make Home functionality same as other Adobe products - put the little house up there, have a way to bring back the Home screen once you've closed it etc. - would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Not allowing to scan multiple pages and freezes up

When creating a new pdf. I start scanning, the scanner scans all the pages but the adobe program just reads the 1st page and freezes up. you can not close. operation not allowed still in scanning process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base