Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add the folder sharing option in the adobe document cloud

I can share files located in the adobe document cloud, but can't share folder or tree of folders with files. Please consider adding the sharing option for a folder or tree of folders with files in the adobe document cloud.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Recent files" bug under macOS Catalina? No files show (yes, in Home view)

File management issue. Or UI issue.

No recently opened files appear at all. Not in the Open Recent menu, not after I choose to show all recent files.

Yes, even in the Home view.

(And now the UserVoice form is not allowing me to post my report. Perpetual "Server Communications problems! Please try again.") message.)

Slows me down a bit.

In MacOS (Catalina 10.15.3).
    Acrobat:
    Architecture: x86_64
    Build: 20.6.20042.371807
    AGM: 4.30.98
    CoolType: 5.14.5
    JP2K: 1.2.2.45402

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Editing Arabic text in pdf leads to corrupted pdf

We discovered a word that need to be replaced during our final pdf output from Framemaker so we edited the pdf. Once we copied the Arabic word from our excel spread sheet the entire book became corrupted by scrambling letters, changing font appearances and reversing parenthesis and other characters. Need this fixed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Comments shall not get auto-locked

I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

6. f2

Please change F2 functionality back to Rename, the same as most other Windows programs.

Use Ctrl+F2 or Ctrl+F1 to launch Adobe User Guide

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG Report: Cannot Remove Share Button

I've found some various post on how to remove the Share Button from the Tool Bar, but those menu option are not in my (new) Acrobat Por 2020. So I'm assuming it is a BUG that they have disappeared with the latest version that I happened to recently download.

The waste of space with this unnecessary button is pretty excessive. Please fix this BUG ASAP so I can load my needed icons.

And so far I've not seen anything all that impressive with the latest version. So If this Share Button BUG cannot be resolved, I may be requesting a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stuck Optimizing Page 1

Scanning multiple pages with a Canon MX922 all-in-1, Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop. First page scans, additional pages feed through the ADF but only page one appears on screen frozen showing "Optimizing..." Acrobat DC automatically updated on 5/15/2020, as did Windows 10. Now can only scan one page at a time. Appears to be an issue with multiple users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Scanning and OCR  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. zooming and scrolling

How about rolling the mouse wheel to zoom in/out and hold down either left/right button to scroll a document.

Currently DC is set up very unconvenient. I have select zoom and then scroll and then zoom and then scroll as I progress down a documents. It just break the flow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Acrobat Pro DC - Sometimes Holds Lock on File after closing it

Hi,

Arobat Pro DC closes file OK, but sometimes appears to keep the file locked against changes in Windows (Win10, 64bit, fully updated May2020) etc

Win 10 \ Windows Explorer is prevented from modifying the parent folder name (for example).

Does not always happen. Closing Acrobat Pro DC appears to release the file (in that it allows changes to the filepath etc using Windows Explorer etc).

This is similar to issue reported usign Acrobat READER.

The Windows Preview tab is NOT showing
    (that Win10 bug (?) is a known issue, but relevant here).

Regards
    L

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an Employee's Title to a Digital ID Signature

Add the ability to have an employee's title be added to their Digital ID when signing off/certifying a PDF

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bug: Acrobat DC damages W array during Save as

• Open the file minimal.pdf in Acrobat DC. Look at the number '11' on page 3 and '12' on page 4.

• Save As... the document

• close and reopen the saved document

• The numbers '11' and '12' are now rendered wrong (glyphs on top of eachother)

=> Acrobat DC changed the font so CID 18 now has a width of 0...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back redact pages

You need to bring back the ability to redact multiple pages.

In long email chains there is often a small portion of discoverable information and pages and pages of information that has to be redacted.

Bring back the redact pages to .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Export form data to CSV from open PDF

When exporting form data from within an open PDF, the available formats do not include CSV. The ability to export to CSV exists within the feature "merge data files into spreadsheet", this is not convenient in workflows were incremental data is received and needs to be added to an existing list. There should be an option to do this while the file is open. Also suggest adding this to the file - export menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Emailed Receipts

Automatically email receipts each time the payment processes for the account. It's an inconvenience to have to log in each month to manually download the receipt or manually click "email receipt" to myself.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add option to use file name instead of TITLE in the Adobe Acrobat Reader

It is difficult to figure out which file is which when viewing multiple files with the same TITLE. The person using the reader is powerless to change the title.

PLEASE provide a global preference / setting in the Reader,preferences to have the Reader use the file name all the time.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  64 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Toolbars not drawn properly on macOS Big Sur Dev Beta

The toolbars in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC are not rendered at all when initially launching the app in macOS Big Sur Dev Beta 2. Resizing the window (including entering full screen) causes the bars to redraw correctly. Also reporting this to Apple.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keyboard shortcuts

I would love to have a way to customize keyboard shortcuts, specifically for redaction tools - redacting full pages, redact page range, apply redactions would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Crash when commenting on PDF portfolio file

1. Create a PDF portfolio from any two PDF files

2. Right click on one of the files on the left and choose Open File

3. Go to the Comment tool

4. Click Add Text Comment from the toolbar (the single line one)

5. Type in a comment anywhere

6. Click X to close the tab while the caret is still blinking

Expected:
    Asks you to save like it does with a non-portfolio PDF file.

Actual:
    Freezes and then crashes. Reproducible every time, occurs on multiple Windows accounts.

After typing, if you press Esc or do anything else to move focus off the comment, the comment…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the UI so it is not stupid

The UI for Acrobat Pro DC is absolutely horrible and non-intuitive. It actually takes me longer to do everything because I have to click into multiple areas on the screen instead of just the sidebar (e.g., to recognize text, I now have to mouse into the side bar, then move to the upper bar).

That also assumes I can find where the feature/tool now resides. I have to constantly search for it.

The Save As dialog breaks Windows user training and muscle memory because the big blue button is not “Save” or “okay” as expected. It is “Choose a Different…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base