Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FIt One Full Page

For the love of dog, I want every. single. PDF. to open "Fit One Full Page". Always! Why is there not a default, and if there is a way to default it so I don't have to do it manually every stinking time please someone tell me!

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  34 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New india moment

My idea country new

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share/Track more than one file at a time

Return the ability to share/track more than one file at a time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set a default order for when combining files

Rather than re-ordering and re-arranging pdfs within a combined file, I would like to be able to determine the order files are compiled. This can be by file title (alphabetically) or others. Right now when I combine several files into one pdf, they are scrambled out of order and I have to rearrange manually which can be cumbersome for larger compilations.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Acrobat DC crashes hourly Running Mojave

Adobe Acrobat DC is just an awful counter-productive tool now in Mojave. It crashes hourly (if not more often) just doing normal very simple tasks that I would normally be able to do in previous Mac OS. It doesn't matter if Im just reviewing a pdf made by someone else, creating a PDF from INDD, adding notes to a supplied PDF, etc etc etc ... it just constantly crashes. No warning, no error, just crash... program just quits out. So counter productive now its killing us as a company. PLEASE FIX!!!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug - PDF Tag Panel does not match Reading Order Tool by marking all Tags as Span

This issue of InDesign and Acrobat incompatibility in regards to Acrobat displaying all spans even when the Reading Order is correct has been around for over two years. We deserve to know what Adobe is doing about it.

Acrobat Team acknowledges the problem and blames InDesign:

"It's actually not an Acrobat issue, it's an issue with InDesign and how it's generating the Content that Acrobat is displaying correctly"

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10005333#10005333

InDesign Team acknowledges the problem and blames Acrobat:

"You'd have to talk to the Acrobat team about why they display in the Tags panel the way they do." - Adobe
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10225230#10225230

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GET RID OF 'WHO NEEDS TO SIGN FIRST' SCREEN

I am not sure why there is now a screen after I press the fill & sign button that asks who needs to fill and sign first, but it is just 1 more step, one more click I have to make before signing each document I open - very inconvenient. This extra step also seems to slow down the time it takes adobe to open and prepare my document for any sort of editing.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Fill & Sign  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Fill and Sign and Adobe Sign (formerly known as Send for Signature) are now consolidated into a single Sign tool where you can either fill & sign a document or get a document signed from others. It includes a simplified experience that asks you who needs to fill and sign first: you or others and then walks you through the steps to complete the task. It’s the one place for all your form filling and signature needs. For detailed information, you may refer to the article What’s new in Adobe Acrobat DC

This is designed behavior, I will check with the team and will share an update soon.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards,
    Sandeep Grover

8. Newest Acrobat CC does not auto open .pdf file created in Illustrator CC on PC

When I create a .pdf from Illustrator, a dialog box opens saying the file cannot be found. It used to auto open the .pdf after creating it. It does create the file (.pdf) but does not auto open it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug: LiveCycle Designer form not showing up in Acrobat Pro 2019.012.20036

Since the update from 2019.012.20035 to 20036 I cannot even view a PDF-Form created in LiveCycle Designer on Acrobat Pro Win any longer. Also the DataMatrix-Field that worked perfect with 20035 is not updating in Adobe Reader (where I CAN display the form!!!). On a Mac with same version visibility of the form YES, but also no updates of DMC on both Pro and Reader. This must be fixed very soon!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Missing characters after conversion of Word document to PDF

Exporting Word documents to PDF using Acrobat PDFMaker produces a PDF document with missing characters.

This only occurs with some fonts, such as Palatino Linotype and Book Antiqua.

Environment: Windows 10 1909 (18363.476) French, Microsoft Word 1910 (Build 12130.20390 Microsoft Store), Acrobat DC 2019-021-20056, Convert2AdobePDF 19.21.20047.354104, Adobe PDF Library 19.21.79.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

• Type "L'HOMME" in a Word document, font is Palatino Linotyoe,

• Export said Word document with PDFMaker, with all fonts embedded.

Expected result: PDF document displays "L'HOMME"

Observed result: PDF document displays "L'OMME"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable Folder Permissions not only File permissions

Dear Adobe Team,
    it would be a great idea if a user can enable folder permissions via Document Cloud to a different user so they can fill up these folders with needed documents. This feature would be highly appreciated from our executive users. It would make there life a lot easier. If you have any questions please contact me i am happy to help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tool to Delete Multiple Files from 'Shared for Viewing'

It would be extremely useful to be able to highlight and delete multiple uploads from the 'Shared for Viewing' page. It's very time consuming having to delete individual files to create space for new uploads.

Please look into this.

Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Cloud Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We purchased Acrobat DC license in China, where Adobe only provides the Simplified Chinese version of the product. However users who use En

Allow user explicitly select which language version of the product during the installation process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multi-Page View

Posibility to view more than two pages at one view. MS Word style zoom-out.
    Described alredy here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Acrobat/Page-display-Multiple-page-view-more-than-2/td-p/9790338

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons missing from tool bar.

The Zoom In (+) and Zoom Out (-) buttons, and the zoom percentage text box disappeared from my toolbar, and I can't get them back. These controls are only accessible through the menus or the undocked floating panel. Re-docking the panel doesn't bring these controls with it. Right-click "Show Select & Zoom Tools" doesn't even list them.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  51 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Acrobat DC compile files into single PDF, Illustrator files grayed out

In Acrobat DC when attempting to combine files into single PDF and trying to select Illustrator files they are grayed out and cannot be selected. I have to drag them from the finder into Acrobat. This is a major pain and waste of time. Before the upgrade I could always select an AI file to add to a PDF. Now I never can, even when trying to replace a page with a new file. Illustrator and Acrobat are not talking to each other.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi

Acrobat does not support conversion of AI files to PDF via the Combine functionality.
    Can you confirm that you are combining AI files or PDF files created from Illustrator?
    Also, do you have Illustrator installed on your system?

Thanks
    Tanvi

18. Toolbar icons keep changing/moving/disappearing

Step back in functionality and hugely annoying--icons take up too much room, and seem to move/float around. I just had to add the "view one page" and "view full width" icons (side by side, BTW) to my toolbar, when they had been there just a few days ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bug: Accessibility tool making text disappear

The "Make Accessible" tool is making text disappear in the document. Working in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, 2015.006.30505. I opened the document, clicked on Tools, then Action Wizard, then Make Assessible. First fopur steps worked fine, but after runnuing the Document Pass and the Alt Text detection, text went missing in numerous places in the document. This is the fourth time this has happened. Look at the header on the first page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. [BUG] Can no longer create outputintents

[BUG] Can no longer create outputintents.
    Acrobat DC: Build: 19.21.20047.353337

Get the following error:

Fehler beim Speichern des Output Intent
    Datei:
    Ursache: Standard library exception of type 'N5boost10filesystem16filesystem_errorE' caught.
    Message: "boost::filesystem::permissions: No such file or directory"
    OutputIntent

DLG_PREFSOUTPUT_SetName_short Neuer Output Intent 2

DLG_PREFSOUTPUT_SetColorSpace_long (CMYK)
    ICC-Profil-Pfad- und Dateiname /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/ECI Offset 2009/ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc
    ICC-Profilname ISO Coated v2 (ECI)
    Registrierter Name (OutputConditionIdentifier) Custom
    Registriert bei (URL)
    Ausgabebedingung (OutputCondition) Custom

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base