Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Adobe Acrobat 100% ADA compliant so Blind users can actually use it

Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG - Converting emails to PDF does not include jpg attachments

I updated to Adobe Pro 2017 and using Outlook 2013 with all current updates. When I use the Adobe PDF Maker in Outlook it will not include any jpeg files. I have verified the conversion settings are correct, I have even tried dragging a group of emails into "combine files" in Adobe 2017 but regardless the jpeg attachments to not transfer.

PLEASE HELP - I need the complete emails with all attachments for a legal case. I even purchased evermap to convert the attachments in a portfolio to PDF so they can be bates stamped. BUT if the attachment is…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creating PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Did NOT have automatic updates on and still updated

I really do not appreciate starting work and finding a whole new update unexpectedly when I have work to do! I do not have auto updates on and was not even signed into Adobe. Please stop updating without warning!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug. My colors in acrobat are now off per an update today.

Output preview is off. Important for checking color accuracy

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  rite responded

HI Chuck,

Thank you for reporting this bug. Please provide the following details:
    1. Is this happening with all PDFs or just one?
    2. Please provide a sample PDF with which this issue is happening
    3. Screenshot of print dialog with preview

Regards,
    Ritesh

5. Problem with spacers and commands showing on the the toolbar.

There is a new problem with the toolbar, whereby page controls that were previously present are now hidden. The file tools occupy the same amount of space regardless of how many commands are contained within that space. Please fix this bug. Commands like 'fit one full page to a window' are no longer visible unless you un-dock the page controls from the toolbar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to use share function

After clicking on send button it says I need to be connected to the internet. I have shut down and restarted everything. Our IT department looked at it and says our settings are all correct and that it looks like it is on the Adobe end.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Slow/Hard to Share Files

The new update is HORRIBLE!!! I send paystubs to our employees using tracking and it is taking way longer and freezing up all the time!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  2 comments  ·  Share & Collaboration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. What happened to File-Save and File-Save As

What happened to File-Save and File-Save As? Adobe Acrobate Pro DC updated itself and they're gone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add option to print using system dialog by default

In my office we have user codes we use when printing. The code is saved into the print driver of each user. When printing from Adobe we are forced to click "properties" before every print, even if we don't need to make any setting changes. If you do not click properties, the user code embedded into the driver is not sent with the print job and it fails with an authentication error at the printer. This is a common problem with many applications. Google Chrome has added the ability to turn off their print preview, and it has solved the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  rite responded

Hi Drew,

Thank you for reporting this bug. Could you clarify what difference does clicking on “Properties” button makes?

Also please mention the printer driver and printer model your are using.

Regards,
    Ritesh

10. Increase the Print to PDF from 50 pages to more i.e. 350 pages

Printing only 50 page restriction is impacting our Disclosure team as their documents are sometimes 350 pages. So please consider increasing it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Look up to www.dictionary.com doesn't work anymore

a word look up ends up with '404 Not Found' using:
    https://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=<word>

instead it should use:
    https://www.dictionary.com/browse/<word>?s=t

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. unable to print any pdfs to printers

I'm unable to print any pdf files from Acrobat DC to the local network printers. I receive errors: "the document could not be printed" and "an error occurred while printing the document". I am able to print to the printers from other programs. I've been able to print pdfs from Acrobat DC to printers in the past.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support symmetric curve signature / PSS padding validation

Currently the PDF signature routines of Acrobat fail when using certain certificates. As an SecSigner employee explains, this may be due to symmetric curve crypt algorithms or using PSS padding, cf. https://seccommerce.com/anforderungen-an-den-secsigner-im-rahmen-von-etsi/ (in German)

E.g. current PDF files by amazon.de result in the following error (German Acrobat DC installation, no pending updates):

Fehler bei Unterschriftsprüfung.

Bei der Prüfung ist ein Fehler aufgetreten:

Interner kryptografischer Bibliotheksfehler.
    Fehlercode: 0x2726

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Security & Digital signatures  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. crashed

Acrobat just crashed due to file size, and could not be recovered, just lost everything.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have a download button which facilitated a download to the customer's computer instead of just getting the page address

Have a download button which facilitates a download to the customer's computer instead of just getting the page address downloaded

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Could you be more specific? Where do you expect a download button? Also, what do you mean by ‘page address downloaded’?

16. Windows Acrobat XI save as problem

In Acrobat XI on Windows I save as the file to create another same file. But the text in the creating file has been modified.
    Steps to eproduce:
    1. Open the Demo File.pdf and click "Save As" in File tab.
    2. Give a name and save it somewhere.
    3. Reopen the new file you will easily find it is not the same as Demo File.pdf

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application.

Everytime I open an Adobe Product, this error appears "Your application install seems to be damaged, Please reinstall the application."

My trial is over and I have bought the product. I have the activation key but can't type it in anywhere. I also can't sign out because the option has gone.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Installation and Licensing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Acrobat and Apple Mission Control drag and drop

If Acrobat is open, and you use hot corners in Apple Mission Control for "Show Desktop", icons on the desktop are not selectable. If Acrobat is closes, normal Mission Control behaviour resumes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Content preparation progress" takes too long

Whenever opening pdf file, Acrobar Pro DC always shows a window titled as 'content preparation progress". This takes too long and blocks file content & makes hard to read file content.
    Sometimes several minutes, sometimes forever!
    This needs to be improved.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG - "Printing" web page into a PDF and getting a PDF with 1/3 of the page cut off

2) Steps to reproduce the problem:

Being logged into the business account of OfficeDepot.com for the company I work for, and needing to create a PDF of a shopping list of one of my coworkers I will start by:

a) Either right clicking on the web page or clicking on the 3 vertical dots in the top right corner of the Chrome web browser.
    b) I then locate and click on the "print" option.
    c) When the print window comes up, I change it from a physical printer to Adobe PDF to "print" (create) a PDF of the web page…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base