Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. The option to clear all the fields on a form has been removed. I have a form that I re-use for various jobs, and now I must manually clear all of the fields in the form in order to fill it out afresh. The deletion of this feature irritates me mightily.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Hi,

We would like to know, how were you using “clear all fields” option? Was it a button or a menu item?

Refer: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/using/pdf-form-field-properties.html#actions_tab_for_form_field_properties

Reader cannot “Edit/Modify” PDF and hence “Reset Form” is not available in Reader. As long as you didn’t save the form (as you mentioned), you can use the following command in Acrobat Reader: File > Revert.

“Clear Form/Reset Form” can only be added via Acrobat. You can ask the author of the form to add a button using Form Fields Properties > Actions > Reset Forms.
    And, if you are the author, you can clear it from Tools > Prepare Forms > More Options > Clear Form.

I hope this resolves your issue. If not, please share details for more information.

2. I am working with Linde Engineering India (Linde AG) as Engineering consultant. Our daily routine job is to review various suppliers' documentation to meet the client requirement. Supplier submits the document which we review in .pdf using commenting tool. Previously we were using Acrobat 9 for this in Windows7. Now we are using Windows 10 for last more than 1 year and in that, we are only allowed to use Acrobat standard DC Version 2015.006.30033. In this Adobe Acrobat version, we are not able to edit the comments made by our peers / sub-ordinates before sending it back to Supplier

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,
    This is as per the current design, we will keep your feedback in mind.

Could you please let us know if you are unlocking comments one by one.
    Kindly take a note that you can unlock many/all comments in one go after selecting them in RHP.

Regards,
    Arvind

3. (Not Responding) - Too common now. Miss the old days before the latest round of updates. Fast load. Now have to wait about a minute before working on a document while ? happens and ties up resources. Thanks

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I have spent the past few months troubleshooting with HP Technicians and have determined that there is a bug when trying to print double-sided documents in Acrobat Pro (DC) using a HP OfficeJet 8710 printer on a Mac. The documents print reverse meaning that for a 3-page document, pages 2 and 3 print double-sided on one sheet of paper while page 1, prints separately. This does not occur with any other HP printers

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

Please provide the following information to reproduce the issue at our end:
    1. Your OS version
    2. Installed Acrobat/Reader version
    3. Printer drivers and model
    4. Sample PDF document on which you have observed this issue.

Thanks
    Ritesh

5. We are continually getting issues with compliance and the Adobe PDF Checker is not being stringent enough. We have created PDFs that are given a clear bill of health using the Adobe checker but our web team use the PAC3 app to verify and they fail on many levels. We would like Adobe to improve the checker to a similar standard so it then complies with legislation for public service bodies in the United Kingdom. Also, as we use Macs most other checkers are PC only so a level playing field would be immensely helpful. Thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ctrl Alt T back please (cropping one page or all pages)

I'm not sure why you took it out, or why you hid it, but I would really like it back! I use it monthly if not weekly for work and it is WAY easier than the new version. Maybe you thought we didn't use it, but we do :-)

I have Acrobat 11, the full version. Please bring it back.

thank you

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Acrobat Pro (for the last several versions) continues to install linkCreation.com into MS Word directories, even though it is known to cause Word either to crash or to throw VBA errors. Please either fix the template or stop installing it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the most recent update to Adobe Acrobat, you removed Share & Track tool. I realize this tool has been changed to 'Share' and the original Send and Track is still available via browser. Even so, having Send & Track within the application tools is much more convenient.

Why don't I use the new 'Share' tool? Unfortunately the Share feature does not allow us to send a protected document. It is also very clunky to format a message longer than 5 words with custom subject line.

Bring back Send and Track in the UI please.

Thanks!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. If I update a PDF (Export from InDesign) on the server or the desktop, I use View After Exporting, and despite closing the PDF between updates Acrobat always and only shows the previous PDF - until I quit Acrobat. So I'm quitting and reopening Acrobat 20 or more times a day which is REALLY annoying. Only started happening with version 17.012.20095 on a Mac Pro running CS2015 onwards.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So i click on "remove restrictions on this document" and then it asks for a password. Me no HAVE a password, WHAT password? wtf are you talking about? WHERE do i find this golden password that i've never created? wtf am I paying for this for

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When i try to convert files from pdf to excel, i have an issue in Arabic text it displayed in reverse.
    Note:
    Check the attached file pls.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the new version, give us back the expandable toolbar on the rightside. Should not have to do a tool search for item. (e.g. textbox)

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Open an existing comment bubble popup that has text in it. Select (highlight) the text. Now just move the mouse cursor slightly outside of the comment popup boundary. The text you highlighted becomes unhighlighted! I can’t even express how maddeningly frustrating this is. We have hundreds of edits a day that we need to copy the comment text out of Acrobat.

We are CONSTANTLY selecting the text, hitting COMMAND+C, switching over to a different program to paste, only to realize that either nothing gets pasted in or the text from the previous edit is still on the clipboard. I finally…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  8 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Whenever opening pdf file, Acrobar Pro DC always shows a window titled as 'content preparation progress". This takes too long and blocks file content & makes hard to read file content.
    Sometimes several minutes, sometimes forever!
    This needs to be improved.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This product will not operate a printer. There needs to be a print option that works.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Ritesh (Adobe) responded

Hi,

You can use this email address to send the PDF file: rite@adobe.com

Also If you could, please also attach the snapshots of printed documents with contains “codes at the top or bottom”.

Have you tried a different printer?

Regards,
    Ritesh

16. Your new version (2023.003) is just TERRIBLE. :

1) WHY change something that was working well before, and that everyone just KNEW how to use? WHY? What is the purpose of changing the interface just for the change. It is TERRIBLE.

2) It is also very BUGGY, and freezes constantly by simply moving the window, opening documents, closing them, etc. Windows 10 22H2 latest patches, 16GB RAM on i7. WHY purposefully make our lives harder?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please stop forcing your obnoxious self-promotional popups in our faces like the "Share files with others." If I want to share files with others I will email the file to them, not use your data mining cloud.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Steps to reproduce the issue: Open Acrobat and move window from one screen to another.
    Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.) Mac OS 10.14.1, 2018 MacBook Pro
    Expected result: Should not crash
    Observed result: Crashes consistently

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please update you acrobat to the latest version on Mac and try to reproduce the scenario.

Let us know if you still face this issue.
    Thanks!!

19. Steps to repro:
    1. open an already saved pdf with a field for signature
    2. Click 'send for singature' in the right hand nav
    3. complete the info and click next
    4. receive error saying that cannot connect to service per the screenshot attached

Environment:
    Mac OS Sierra (version 10.12.6)
    Adobe continuous release version 2018.009.20044

Expected result:
    That I can send for signature

Observed results:
    Get an error and cannot proceed to send for signature

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  7 comments  ·  Adobe Sign  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The latest version is taking too much time while saving the file. Sometime the latest version gets corrupted after saving. We fill that the older version was better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?