Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

598 results found

1. I often receive PDFs but after opening them, decide not to keep them and delete them. Nevertheless, the file name still appears on the Recent File List when I say I want to open a file for editing. This makes it harder to find still existing files that I want to edit. At the minimum, be able to click on a file name on the Recent File List to highlight it and then delete that name (via Delete key or pulldown option). Even better would be to also add a option that I can click on that highlights files on…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Have a download button which facilitates a download to the customer's computer instead of just getting the page address downloaded

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bilal Ansari responded

Could you be more specific? Where do you expect a download button? Also, what do you mean by ‘page address downloaded’?

3. Allow us to put the tools back on the tool bar without having to click on tools we don't need

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Vivek Chandra responded

Hello Wayne

You can just add the more frequently tools to the Quick Tools on top. Alternately you can just search for the tool you need in the Search box in Right Hand Panel.

Please let us know if this helps.

4. Unable to "save-as," export, or e-sign a PDF document.

Error message when trying to export as another PDF file type, or as another PDF with normal "save as":

"The File may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder."

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro on a Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. DC Pro is totally unreliable, whether creating a pdf, trying to access a pdf or saving the program displays "DC Pro not responding. Happens very frequently making the program useless. Have worked with support 3 times no resolve. Occurs on both my WIN10 and WIN7 computers, never had a problem with ver 7 through 10. Pay lots for DC team but will have to look for another vendor.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Whenever a digital signature field is added, we do not get the option to duplicate it. This would be very helpful in cases where same person has to sign on multiple pages in a document.
    At present, it is giving the option to duplicate across pages, however, it is not working nor it is giving any error message.
    Please include this feature in Acrobat, or grey out the duplicate across pages option.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Amboo Srivastava responded

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this looks like a bug. Can you please let us know which Acrobat version you are on?

Thanks,
    -Amboo

7. The new user interface constantly freezes for several seconds every few seconds on my machine. While it's frozen, nothing works. I just have to wait a few seconds for it to become unfrozen. Then a second or two later, it freezes again. Sometimes I'm able to go a few seconds without it freezing -- to get work done. However, it doesn't last long.

I'm using Adobe Acrobat Pro v23.003.20284 on Windows 11 Pro v.10.0.22621 with a Dell XPS 17 9700. I have Display Fusion installed, so there could be some conflict there. I don't have this issue with any other…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Why can't I change the speed of the Read aloud just because I am dyslexic does not mean that I need to have have the material read so slowly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    Thank you for connecting with us. Please follow the below steps to change the speed of Read Out Loud:
    1. Go to Preferences. (Ctrl + K)
    2. Go to Reading in Left hand navigation bar
    3. Under Read Out Loud Options heading, Uncheck Use default speech attributes and enter the speed in Words per minute field between 50 to 450.
    4. Click Ok and use Read Out Loud

Similarly you can change other attributes as well. Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

9. Prompt or notify user if a PDF file is already open. Currently the file just opens and locks both users from being able to save the file.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The text reader in MacOS is not a typical screen reader, but it does provide easy, fast access to spoken content from on-screen text. Unfortunately, it does not work with Adobe Acrobat. Ideally, it would speak selected text with a keyboard shortcut, but only reads the document name in Adobe Acrobat. The Acrobat screen reader is difficult to use, does not read selected text, and often fails due to pdf accessibility issues.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Within Adobe Acrobat there are options to Create a Portfolio of documents or to use the Attachment feature to create a group of documents. While keyboard shortcuts allow you to browse some of the menus, get to the document list, and select a document from the list. However, there is not a keyboard short cut to read the document in the view or to access the Open Document link. It seems to be only available through mouse selection.

This places users of these features at risk because the end user can't access the document to read it using only keyboard…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    As I can see, the issue is related to keyboard keys, Please follow the below controls to access the Open Document link.
    Use tab to click on Attachment in Left Hand Pane. Press tab multiple times to bring the focus on the Option menu. Click Enter and Use arrow keys to navigate inside Options menu items. This resolves your access to Open Document Link.

Secondly, Use Ctrl+Shift+Y and then Ctrl+Shift+V/B to read the document using Read out loud feature. You can alternatively see it in View Menu → Read Out Loud → Click Activate ROL → Click Read this page/ end of the document.

Please confirm if this resolves your issue.

Thanks
    Rachit

12. We need to be able to save WCAG compliant, semantic HTML files (e.g. from Firefox) as PDF/UA, but Adobe PDF does not offer this option. Saving as PDF/A does not produce a tagged (UA) file.

Adobe's pdf print gadget should use the browser accessibility tree, and tag the PDF accordingly.

PDF/UA has been an ISO standard since 2012. WCAG 2.1 was finalized in 2019, and WCAG 2.x compliance is now mandatory for public sector procurements in North America, the EU and various other jurisdictions.

What on earth is going on with your accessibility roadmap, Adobe? Apart from Acrobat on Windows,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. There is no sign out of acrobat DC on the menu bar or in the drop down items.

Please add one.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us for your concerns.
    You can find the sign-Out button on the right most end of the Tab Bar in Acrobat by clicking on the Image icon for your account.
    Alternatively, you can find the sign out button under Help → Sign out.

Let me know if that still doesnt solve your concerns ?

-Ayush

14. After last update (Osx and CC 2020) there is no icon on the top of the opened documents frame in Acrobat. Usually, to speed the work, I export PDF from Indesign, automatically they open in Acrobat and I drag the icon to Skype. Loosing this ability I must find the document in the finder every time.
    Someone know if there is a solution to restore this function?
    Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for Reaching out to us.
    Please check the list of known issues here : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/compatibility-with-macos-10-15-catalina.html

We also have a workaround for it to have it get re-Enabled.

Please use the plist file from here : https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A0f2d56db-9d37-442b-b6e1-bd7f26d88c36

Please Extract the zip and use as instructed on the helpx link.
    Let me know if that helps

Thanks
    Ayush

15. When selecting text in Acrobat (for applying a comment or other markup), Acrobat selects whole words (unless you are being particularly careful). It would be good to have the option to turn this off so that we can easily select partial words, starting in the middle of one word and ending in the middle of another.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Case ADB-7492668-J6J4 -Word file is uploaded with embedded fonts as per Preferences (see attached) to the document cloud and then PDF converting Acrobat provides following error (see attached) "Acrobat PDF Conversion could not be completed. This could be due to a network error or if there is no valid Acrobat online service membership." If you go through the same process except NOT embedding fonts the same document will convert to PDF without error. However, the fonts in the PDF file are now different in the Word file as they are no longer embedded. When using a MS OS and upload…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Constantly getting a huge "Send or receive feedback fast" popup near the huge blue Share button... every time I save or edit a PDF. Very very disruptive. Please allow users to disable popups such as this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. File rename option should be there.... essential

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Can you please elaborate more the issue you are facing with the File rename eg where and when do you want to rename the file.

19. The Calculate tab does not appear in my Properties dialog boxes for only text fields and dropdown boxes

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PDF Forms  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need Info  ·  Bhavna Negi responded

Please share the acrobat version you are experiencing this issue with. You can do so using the link -helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/identify-product..

Also, can you please try it another PDF file and confirm that this is not file specific.

-Bhavna

20. There is a bug in this software that does not allow you to save the document. A blank window pops up and nothing shows, i.e. where the file could be saved. Only after several attempts does the "save as" window fully show up. What is the solution for this bug?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am sorry for the inconvenience you are facing.
    Can you share with us the acrobat version and the operating system you are using
    Also some sample PDFs with which you are facing this issue.

• Don't see your idea?