Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Default settings for Split function

Give the ability to set defaults in the Split function of Adobe DC. I always split by "Top Level Bookmarks" and Output using the Bookmark names for file names. Since I (and my team) do this for multiple files every day, having to reset those parameters every time you want to split a file is really unhelpful and a waste of time. Given that Adobe is a massive time saver, this would help even more.
    I get that is how I do it, but not how everyone does it, so the ability to update just my defaults would be helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where are the drawing tools????

I often edit documents and the drawing tools are necessary. Where have they gone???

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make Adobe Acrobat 100% ADA compliant so Blind users can actually use it

Currently, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is not 100% ADA compliant. Specifically, one cannot create or edit PDFs if one uses a screen reader to navigate around their computer screen (i.e. is blind/visually impaired). I currently use JAWS 2018, Windows 10, and have Acrobat Pro DC. I've attempted to create and edit from combining PDFs, using copies, etc. I've even tried using some of your tutorial items to test with and have had the same results (ex. Bodea's Brochure -- the brochure your website tutorial has specifically for practicing editing).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Take OCR text pre-processing out of EDIT

99.9% of the time, when I'm going to EDIT a pdf, its just to resize or crop it, not to change the content. But I have to wait for the OCR processing to complete before the crop tool is available. I shouldn't have to wait for a feature I'm not intending to use. Especially if I'm working with CAD drawings or other non-MSWord source files, the OCR processing takes forever, since the content isnt designed for that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Activate advanced features in OpenType fonts

I bought a font that resembles real handwriting, and in order to activate the alternate characters (i.e. type 444 and each 4 looks slightly different), it requires advanced OpenType font settings. MS Word has this, but Adobe Acrobat does not. I believe Indesign does. It would be helpful to have this feature in Acrobat Pro.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Align a single object on the page

Ability to align a single object to the left, center, right, top, bottom, middle of page. Currently, we are only able to align multiple objects in relation to each other. I just want to align an image or a text box to the center of the page, but for some reason that is not an option! This is a very basic function of every single editing program I have ever used. Why can we not do this in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC???

To be clear: I want to align a text box on a page. NOT the text inside of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Autosave fail

I am running Adobe Acrobat Pro DC version 2019.021.20061 on a MacBook Pro with Catalina version 10.15.04. In the Adobe Acrobat preferences I have autosave set to every 5 minutes. However, when Adobe Acrobat decided to restart for me to agree to some updated user terms all my comments on the document disappeared. From a quick google search it is clear that this is a common problem and that the autosave feature is not working, or at least only occasionally.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Acrobat DC features inferior to Acrobat Pro, Acrobat 11 and every previous version

I could've chosen several categories, creating, PDFs, editing PDFs, viewing PDFs, every feature of Acrobat DC is inferior to 11 and frankly all previous versions of Acrobat Pro. As a publisher who has used Acrobat Pro every day, all day for well over a decade, I am so disappointed and frustrated with this version, It is dumbed down and has several serious bugs that cause issues during a document publishing process. Please scrap this version and bring back Acrobat 11 which functioned 100% better than DC.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FOR HEAVEN SAKE STOP WITH THE POP UPS!!!!!

FOR HEAVEN SAKE STOP WITH THE POP UPS!!!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can only find / replace whole word not partial word

Cannot replace a partial word. Have Find - whole word unchecked. As soon as I add something to Replace, Whole word checks and goes gray. This was marked as Resolved but it is not.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I hate it, very hard to work with, not intuitive at all, worst design, change the team, I am giving up and go to other product.

I hate it, very hard to work with, not intuitive at all, worst design, change the team, I am giving up and go to other product.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add png file as watermark

We can only add pdf jpg and bmp for a watermark. Please we need png !!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. copy and paste don't work in Comment mode

When the "Comment" menu is open, copy and paste are disabled, until the menu is closed. So in the process of adding mark ups and comments, you need to open the Comment menu to add a mark up, then close it to copy and paste to use that markup else where on that page or another, then re-open the comment menu, and continue back and forth.

The copy and paste option must be available with the comment menu open or the functionality of the program, which we use primarily to mark up and comment on pdf's, is totally lost.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Undo

"undo" should be a simple button you can add to the tool bar similar "Word"

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please make insert page break possible

I want to be able to break pages like in word

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. FIX: Rich Media Button. Needs Transparent Line and Fill Option!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry Fix!

I need to make transparent buttons with HTML links in most of my documents. Someone forgot to program this in the DC version.
    Create a square button and set the line and fill to transparent. Please fix! It is causing a host of issues for us.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Difficulty moving text

Please make it easier to move text. I have spent hours (and am developing RSI) trying to move text that I have moved before - it takes dozens/hundreds of clicks to get the box around the text to show sufficiently to grab it and move it. I spent the $$ for AA Pro DC, so thought such a basic thing would have been fixed .... Please let me know when it is fixed so that I can edit my document without wasting any more time - I have a week or so before it goes to the printers ... Thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Clean recent files list

I often receive PDFs but after opening them, decide not to keep them and delete them. Nevertheless, the file name still appears on the Recent File List when I say I want to open a file for editing. This makes it harder to find still existing files that I want to edit. At the minimum, be able to click on a file name on the Recent File List to highlight it and then delete that name (via Delete key or pulldown option). Even better would be to also add a option that I can click on that highlights files on…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. compatibility with google drive

I would like to be able to open and edit pdfs from google drive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  Pratyush Dhoundiyal responded

Hi,

This is something which is already on our radar and we are planning to support this in near future.

Thanks for Reporting
    -Pratyush

20. There is no way to change the default line spacing of 1.2 to a more useful 1 (single spacing).

Adobe's default line spacing is set to 1.20, which is uncommon in documents. Single spacing (1.0) would be much more useful. Because I can't change the default, I have to continually change the line spacing from 1.2 to 1, which is annoying and time consuming. Please update the software so that the user can select the default line spacing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing PDFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base