Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

238 results found

1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When exporting to eps (may be other formats too) from a multi-page document, you have to manually go into settings and define the page number (in the format of a range) that you want to export. Ironically, it automatically populates the page # of # based on the page you're already on. If you don't define a page, regardless of what page you're on, it will export the 1st page. Should default to exporting the page you're on in the pdf.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adobe does not convert multipage pdf file to a single (ONE) Tiff. It gives separate tiff for each page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Comparing with other available toolkits, Adobe gives the best output in document conversion. Unfortunately, the team decided -for some reasons - to limit the automation capabilities of the software. A piece of advice from a machine learning/Natural Language Processing/Data science perspectives: you can do a lots more if you open on Big Data community. Companies have dumps of millions of PDF and receive a thousand of PDF each day. Unfortunately, they can do nothing with it because open source softwares are terrible ...... Big noisy Data isn't that useful in data science. An automated - highly parallelized - web service…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Comparing with other available toolkits, Adobe gives the best output in document conversion. Unfortunately, the team decided -for some reasons - to limit the automation capabilities of the software. A piece of advice from a machine learning/Natural Language Processing/Data science perspectives: you can do a lots more if you open on Big Data community. Companies have dumps of millions of PDF and receive a thousand of PDF each day. Unfortunately, they can do nothing with it because open source softwares are terrible ...... Big noisy Data isn't that useful in data science. An automated - highly parallelized - web service…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I recently had an issue wherein some of my clients found that hyperlinks in the PDFs which I had sent them did not work. Two clients were on a Mac, opening the doc in Reader, another on a PC. I sent the PDFs to numerous different people and some could access links, others could not. The pdf was created using Indd cc 2018 and later also 2019. This was "solved" by a Tech Support Rep who advised me that Adobe doesn't guarantee usability of links in PDFs if they have been uploaded to a server other than the Adobe Cloud.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to extract completed PDF forms such that the data is extracted into 1 record perform. The record has the data from each of the form fields on the form. The fields are labeled, so it would be helpful (using EXCEL as an example to export the data as follows in the attachment. Essentially row1 is the list of fields. Row 2 is the data from those fields. I show a 3rd row from a 2nd form in case it would be possible to process multiple forms at the same time. If not, one at a time would work.

If…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I don't want the links to be encoded (because always end up in broken links), I want it to be exactly as I have it on my source program, therefore if I have # ~ or other KEEP IT! (I don't need a %23) and viceversa IF I have an URL with http%3A%2F%2F KEEP IT!!! I don't need http://) This is causing me a lot of issues because all those "smart" and "magic" conversion ends up in broken links.... Therefore I have to manually update after the PDF is exported from word, powerpoint.

Is there a way to tell acrobat:…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would it be possible to create html mailout from a PDF and import address from a database?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to request a normal PDF to Excel/XML conversion capabilities, especially in regards to a table formatting.

I understand that PDF files are not always properly created/formatted, but I do not see how it can be an issue for a good converter. The main point of converting PDF to Excel is to have a properly aligned table. I had experience with a third party PDF editing software, which costs less than Adobe Acrobat Standard and is able to automatically convert PDF to Excel with a seamless table formatting.Why Adobe, who invented Portable Document Format in the early 90s,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can I export to pdf to power point?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This is about both editing and exporting PDFs.
    The attached PDF has an explicit explanation of the issues + screenshots. Text from the attached file goes right here.

I’ve got Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release Version 2015.006.30355.

On Web page https://www.zm.gov.lv/mezi/statiskas-lapas/nozares-informacija/buklets-meza-nozare-latvija-?nid=1088#jump
    ..there is a link to a PDF file "Latvia's Forests During 20 Years of Independence" 2010, https://www.zm.gov.lv/public/ck/files/ZM/mezhi/buklets/MN_20_EN.pdf
    The PDF file seems to be a nicely composed PDF with Adobe InDesign CS5.5 (7.5.2).
    The font used, Museo Slab is a publicly available font, I bet it should not have any major issues.

In the said file, page 47 there…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Open a PDF document with Arabic content.

2. This PDF was generated from InDesign CC2017. Arabic fonts used is a good True Type and OpenType fonts. Macintosh 10.11.2 / Acrobat DC Build: 15.23.20056.213124

3. When exporting to MS Office format, we expect to have a decent conversion as we see with PDFs that has English content.

4. I opened resulted Word document in MS. Word on Windows, Text Edit on Mac, Apple Preview. The result varies, but generally Arabic text doesn't convert properly, most words scrambled and fragmented.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've been using Adobe PDF converter for several months (PDF to excel) and today started having an issue where one random PDF out of the batch will convert to just a blank excel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for bringing this up.
    Could you please help us with the pdf files and the exported output?
    For better clarity, please include : Problem statement, reproducible steps, OS platform, Acrobat build# that you are using.

Regards,
    Adobe Acrobat Team

15. Within the Adobe Admin Console an administrator does not have the capability to export user data identifying which product is assigned to the user. To run the reports you have to drill to every product and export the data. I asked for the report from tech support and they said the feature I am requesting is not available but to request to it added as a feature. On the feature wish form drop list it does not specify Admin functions so I chose first Adobe product on the list. The function to export all user data to understand the products…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prior to mid December 2016 it was possible to create a file in Indesign, export it to Acrobat, export it from Acrobat to Word and then compare it in Microsoft Word (Office 365) with another file that has been subjected to the same workflow.

Since some stage in 2017 an incompatibility was introduced and this workflow ceased to work.

I have tested this workflow by comparing the Word files produced in Deltaview/Workshare and the comparisons are unstable and unusable, so the problem is not just with Microsoft Word's comparison engine (which works fine with files created within Word).

The issue…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I can see certain documents were created in MS Word with simple follow on/flowing text and standard paragraph styles ie no **** text boxes. Even with the export options turned off, Acrobat does this incredibly annoying export to text boxes where it is simply run-on (flowing) text. You then have to extract the text, box by box to get the document to be in an editable form. Even exporting to rtf has similar issues. Exporting to plain text means you have to format.

In the end, you waste valuable time either extracting the text or having to reformat the text…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In acrobat XI, text boxes and other markups added in adobe are excluded when exported to jpg format.

Exports to tiff format work correctly.

Workaround: export to tiff and then convert to jpg

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The latest version is taking too much time while saving the file. Sometime the latest version gets corrupted after saving. We fill that the older version was better.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?