Skip to content

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2159 results found

1. If we create a tagged PDF from InDesign, the contents item for hyperlinks is missing. This can be fixed with Acrobats single preflight fix: Create Contents Item For Link Annotations.

However, this broke already in 2019 and still is broken in 2020!
    In 2018 it works in one go.

In 2019 and 2020 we have to run it is many as five times before it is actualy applied!

We save the document each time under a different name, sometimes the third time we run the fix it sticks, sometimes after five times, sometimes not at all.

Now we heard this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Need Info  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can you please add a ruler tool. One which you could click on and it would go across the screen. If you could have it utilize the up and down keys to control it's movement, that would be great. Our firm receives a lot of lists in adobe pdf. form and it would help us keep track of where we are as we go through the pdf list.

Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. As an Acrobat DC subscriber, I'd like to be able to delete old payment methods tied to my account.

Currently users have to reach out to Adobe support, and the process takes 5-7 business days - which is absurd is 2020. Every other subscription software allows the user to fully manage saved payment cards except Adobe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bug? Recently any optimized or extracted pdf by Standard DC generates a cannot find or create the font XXXXXX+ArialMT. Some characters may not display or print correctly. I've only been working with map pdfs produced by ArcGIS, but some of these are new and some quite old and I've never had this problem before. They seem to display properly but it is so annoying to have to click through the warning every time. The XXXXXX differs every time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would be great if more customization would allow user to choose to see only the tools they would like to see. Way too many tools on tool bar that are not used. The unused ones take up space that I would prefer to have the tools i use often occupy. Results in multiple unnecessary clicks to access the tools I do use. I have customized the quick tool bar but when reviewing a document in portrait mode only 2 of those are displayed - and can only access the others with additional clicks. Meanwhile many are displayed that I have…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need to be able to save WCAG compliant, semantic HTML files (e.g. from Firefox) as PDF/UA, but Adobe PDF does not offer this option. Saving as PDF/A does not produce a tagged (UA) file.

Adobe's pdf print gadget should use the browser accessibility tree, and tag the PDF accordingly.

PDF/UA has been an ISO standard since 2012. WCAG 2.1 was finalized in 2019, and WCAG 2.x compliance is now mandatory for public sector procurements in North America, the EU and various other jurisdictions.

What on earth is going on with your accessibility roadmap, Adobe? Apart from Acrobat on Windows,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have Acrobat DC Pro and every time I try to reduce the file size for a PDF, the program abruptly closes without reducing file size. If I restart the computer, I can usually (but not always) reduce one file size one time before the program resumes closing upon the reduce file size command. As you can imagine, any feature that requires a restart every time I want to use it is effectively a useless feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As an agency, we prepare artwork in Indesign and PDF to send to clients. All work is proofed within Acrobat prior to sending and amended if required.

Any amends are re-pdf'd and re-proofed. These amends need to stay under the same version no (read file name) but unfortunately Acrobat now caches pdfs so if we amends a document within indesign and re-open in acrobat with the same file name, it will open the older cached version and not the updated version.

Because this is our internal proof, this file name and version no needs to stay the same before we…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I am using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (Build: 20.6.20042.371807) on a mac OS 10.12.6

If I use the scroll wheel on my mouse to zoom on a PDF, Acrobat freezes. It does not freeze when using the mouse scroll wheel to scroll through pages, nor does it freeze if I click the + button to zoom. Only freezes when using the mouse scroll wheel to zoom.

Any ideas how to fix this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We have 19 windows 10 PC that have Adobe Reader and you cannot type anywhere. This includes the search filed, form fields, page range on printing, comments, etc. it is like the program is not accepting input from the keyboard because Ctrl + F does nothing but you can open the search by using the mouse and toolbars. You can paste into all of these fields by right click and paste but not Ctrl + V. The issue seams to be isolated to Windows 10 and the reader version. the Windows 7 machines that we have are not having the…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am creating a C++ plugin for Acrobat, where in user can use this plugin and open the file from secured DB using Virtual file system. However, need to restrict all forms of sharing or extracting of contents from the PDF which is opened.

I tried using AVDocOpenFromPDDocWithParams and specified a permReqProc, using this I was able to restrict most of the tools from copying or extracting contents. i.e., Edit PDF, organize Pages, Prepare form etc.

However, the following tools seems to be not honoring the permReqProc and still content is being extracted from the already opened PDF Document.
    1.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Show PDF Links of multiple PDFs or exports the paths of the PDF Links of multiple PDFs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When viewing a PDF that has the Avenir Next font type used in the body of text, the letters will not display properly when a bold or heavy style is applied to that font. Some letters are raised higher than they should be in comparison to other letters of the same upper or lower case status. See attached images. I've included the same exact font, string of text, and same exact file used, but one is displayed in adobe acrobat pro and the other is displayed on the web.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am encountering problems with poorly labeled controls in the Acrobat DC Action Wizard. As a blind screen reader user, I would greatly appreciate anything you can do to improve the control labels that are spoken by screen readers. I am using the JAWS 2020 screen reader with Acrobat DC version 20.006.20042.
    The issues I have encountered:

1. Some of the button control labels are unclear and it is difficult to determine which control has focus. For example, when adding a Watermark, the button to add the watermark is spoken as “Add”. If I press “space” to select this option, another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    I checked the issues after your response.

For point 2, the behaviour is as designed. It seems that the user have to select the option as the default selected item is the last added item in RHP and if no addition is done, then none of the option is selected. Further, I’m not able to hear “AV container View” with controls. I’ve informed the engineering team regarding this.

For point 3, I have raised the issues with engineering team and hopefully it will be fixed in future release.

Thanks
    Rachit

15. Our procurement office requires receipts. Your customer service rep states that Adobe does not have have payment receipts, invoice serves as a confirmation of payment; Invoices are added to account only when it's paid. Our procurement office says that this is not acceptable and we need a confirmation that states that the invoice is in fact paid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. After the October 2018 release update, if the PDF is opened with the output preview displayed, the display is frequently lost. This has not yet been resolved in update 2019.021.20056. Therefore, PDF checking in prepress is the reason why you should use 2017 instead of DC. I think that it was a problem that can be corrected because it was displayed normally before.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Since I did a one month trial of your e-sign function, Adobe Acrobat Reader has been stealing all my PDFs from Apple cloud and Pages. It won't return them, and I cannot delete them. I cannot access them to attach to an email. It's causing me a lot of trouble. I cannot uninstall the application either (from my MacBook Pro). And I supposed I'd lose the files if I did uninstall. HELP! I've been on hold for 20 minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On the admin console, I would like the administrator to be able to resend a verification and password reset email to the users.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since people often work on multiple documents and perform many operations on them, it would be nice to have one command that allows you to save all of them at once.

In any case, when you get the warning that you are about to close Acrobat and there are many files with unsaved changes, instead of having a prompt for each and every one, you should be able to click on a checkmark that says "apply to all documents," like you have in Word.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am able to create a video that demos the problem. Here's the youtube link to the video. It explains everything. Is this an Apple bug or an Adobe bug.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HZKyQ5uLn4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?