Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Adobe Document Cloud forum.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

Feature request / Bug report

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize the comments list

I want to be able to resize the comment list to a smaller size than currently available. Right now, the minimum width is much too big for my small laptop. It takes up three inches of the width of my screen space. The total width of the screen is 11.5 inches, which leaves not much for the actual document, especially if I'm looking at two-page spreads.

Even when I used a huge 25-inch wide screen I need as much space as possible to compare two documents side by side. The wide comment lists get in the way.

(Both these screens…

5 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Comments pane window is too short and cuts off comments

I have a 27" monitor and when I enlarge Acrobat to fill the screen, the comments are cut off at the bottom. This happens with all documents. It's like the comment window has a maximum height built into it. It needs to expand all the way.

5 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • BUG: cannot save file, text disappears

Third time this week. Working on an existing PDF with commenting tools, and when I go to save, I get the message that the file cannot be saved. Try to save as, as suggested, and get the message that there's a file error, then the text of the file disappears. (Spread in screenshot is two solid pages of text.)

5 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  6 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Preference for "Create Comment Summary..."

I have to use the Comment Summary really often and we don't have "US Letter". Every single time I have to change "US Letter" to "A4". It would be great if I could save the setting. Now I use "Action Wizard" for this...

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG: All highlighted items in all pdfs converted to comments in latest update release

After the latest update all the highlighted items (in yellow) were converted to comments. How do I get my highlights back?

Second bug: Your website does not have your business address or proper business contact details. Please update this information so that it is available to the public.

5 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Continuous Highlighting

Please bring back continuous highlighting (you do not have to click the highlight button for each individual highlight).

5 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Comments 'check boxes' saving/showing for other users viewing PDF file

When 'ticking off' comments that have been actioned on a PDF, when saved, those ticked check boxes don't show if someone else opens the PDF.

Please can the check box state be saved also, so all users can see what has been actioned (and save us all a lot of time going over amends!)

5 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Collaborate Feature not available in Document Cloud Files

Collaborate Feature not available in Document Cloud Files, it is available in Creative Cloud files. Please include this option

Also there are no Shared PDF option, where in we can store a PDF on cloud and have a team to work on it. Just like in Foxit Or Sharepoint

5 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Program crashes when trying to use Highlighter or Stamp feature.

Some bug in my Acrobat Pro DC prevents me from using the Highlighter feature. Click on the button, go to text to highlight and program crashes. See attached doc for the crash report. Same kind of thing when I try to use the Stamp feature. Click on Stamp, go the the Standard Business, click the VOID stamp, go to doc and program crashes. See doc2 for the crash report. What can I do?

5 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I u

I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
                      so that choosing different colors will be easy

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

5 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • right-click

It would be really nice if the "Underline" tool was included in the right-click menu. Right now the Mac version has an option for highlighting and striking through, but not for underlining.

5 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • When filtering for Status of None, changing the status of a comment should remove it from the visible comments.

It would be nice if comments you've dealt with would drop of the "None" filtered list. It keeps you from revisiting comments and it helps you track what still needs to be done.

Right now the only workaround is to reset the filter to "All" and then refilter for "None". Do-able, but a real PITA.

5 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • 4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Macbook Pro

Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Tried everything. Macbook Pro

4 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Highlighter tool

Highlighter tool is buggy. Select tool and highlight does not work

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Comment Windows: Display Sticky Note Color

In Acrobat 9, the "comments" window displayed the COLOR of the corresponding sticky note (there was a small sticky note icon in each window that showed the color of the corresponding note).It was possible to quickly view and navigate to related pages/sections of the PDF even if the page was not directly viewable; I could quickly scan for all comments that were associated with a RED sticky note, or a BLUE one, etc, by simply scrolling through the comments -- it was not necessary to view the actual page of the PDF to check the color of the sticky note.

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2D Measurement Tool - change the units

When using the 2D Measurement Tool, I need to change the units from decimals (feet) to feet/inches. (Eg. 6.50ft vs. 6'6")

4 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• The dynamic stamp creation process needs to be simpler

The dynamic stamp creation process is very difficult, at best. The random names for the stamps makes it extremely difficult to find which stamp you're working on after the stamp has been named during creation. Having to navigate deep into the file system to find a randomly named file is not user friendly by any stretch of the imagination. I'm attempting to make 100 dynamic stamps for our engineering company, not just one or two stamps.

Please see if you can make the dynamic stamp process easier

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Acrobat crashes frequently when using highlighter on large scanned PDF

Steps to reproduce the issue:
                                          Open a large scanned PDF, use the highlighter for several times until the bug happens, which when I'm moving the highlighter across scanned texts Acrobat stop responding, and sometimes there's a large transparent window found by Spy++ on top of other windows.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
                                          Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.309
                                          Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release Version 2018.011.20038

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?
                                          Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base