Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Select the feedback forum for your product.
  • Browse ideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I u

I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
    so that choosing different colors will be easy

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A comment report to rule them all

I work in several files which all get marked up in a standard format (red boxes with an red x stamp to note issues that need further review or actions to resolve). All the mark ups from all the documents need to be closed before my process is complete. It would be ideal if i could run a query across multiple documents (like a whole batch of folders) on all the comments made with the same criteria options currently available in a single .pdf comment filter and it be packaged in a comment summary file that has links to jump…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shortcut for 'Add Note to Text'

A shortcut – ideally a keyboard shortcut – for 'Add Note to Text' would be very helpful for the editors and proofreaders among us. To select the text, right-click and find 'Add Note to Text' is cumbersome when you're using that particular feature more than any other (the Sticky Note is much maligned by designers and reviewers alike for not being specific enough to the text to which it relates).

It would also make lots more sense in the context of the comment-as-you-type functionality for inserting or deleting text, etc. Surely it would be logical to create an equivalent keyboard-centred…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Do not automatically open comment pane

Do not automatically open comment pane

When choosing the Comment tools from the Tool pane, the Tool pane closes and the Comment pane opens automatically. Would be nice to have an option such that the comment pane doesn't automatically open. Most of the time I just want to highlight a few things without typing any actual comments.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2D Measurement Tool - change the units

When using the 2D Measurement Tool, I need to change the units from decimals (feet) to feet/inches. (Eg. 6.50ft vs. 6'6")

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Comments pane window is too short and cuts off comments

I have a 27" monitor and when I enlarge Acrobat to fill the screen, the comments are cut off at the bottom. This happens with all documents. It's like the comment window has a maximum height built into it. It needs to expand all the way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: All highlighted items in all pdfs converted to comments in latest update release

After the latest update all the highlighted items (in yellow) were converted to comments. How do I get my highlights back?

Second bug: Your website does not have your business address or proper business contact details. Please update this information so that it is available to the public.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Free hand pen marking ??

Why there is no button for "free hand pen marking" !!
    Only there is a button for "Highlight pen" and you can't even change it's size of color !!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. View redaction overlay text in comments

Bring back the ability to view redaction codes/overlay text in the comments without having to hover mouse over the redactions in document

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Multiple Custom Tool Sets with Same Tools - Different Properties for Each Tool

For work I use multiple tools to add comments to PDFs. I have created a custom tool set with the tools I need to use the most. We are required to use specific colors depending on what we are commenting on. It would make it so much easier if I could make custom sets (all with the tools I use) and have each one be different color schemes.

A few examples of this are below:

Custom Tool Set #1
    Highligher – Color/Green
    Text Box – Border/Red; Fill/Green; Text Color/Blue
    Arrow – Color/Green
    Rectangle – Color/Green

Custom Tool Set #2
    Highligher…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Default sizing on text boxes

Allow you to select a default size on your text boxes so that you do not have to manually resize every time

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hotkeys for highlighter and highlighter color

Hey could you guys make a shortcut for highlighting on PDFs that would be GREAT HELP! This is for Adobe Reader DC. There is no shortcut for highlighter and highlighter color. It would make reading PDFs faster, more interactive, and easier to read especially on Desktop/Laptops.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. comment pane color indication sync'd with color of comment in the pages (lines, circles, highlights, etc.)

In previous versions of Acrobat, in the Comments pane, there was an visual indicator of the color of the comments (comment bubble, lines, circles, highlights, etc.). But in Acrobat DC all the comments look the same. The color changes based on the AUTHOR NAME, which I suppose might be useful for some people, but not for me. The color of the comments in the comments pane needs to reflect the color of the actual comment, as it did in previous versions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Pen and touch input defferenciation

There is no differentiation between ben and finger touch input und windows tablet pcs. I'd like to hightlight, write etc with the pen and move the page withmy fingers without selecting the "move" tool every time.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Comments 'check boxes' saving/showing for other users viewing PDF file

When 'ticking off' comments that have been actioned on a PDF, when saved, those ticked check boxes don't show if someone else opens the PDF.

Please can the check box state be saved also, so all users can see what has been actioned (and save us all a lot of time going over amends!)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. No Longer Able to Keep Tool Selected

You are not able to keep a tool selected any longer. If you use it once, then it reverts back to the cursor. Stamps, highlighter, comments, all of them. This had been a feature in Acrobat since I can remember and all of a sudden they removed it. WHY? Bring it back. There are several other people on here complaining of the same thing but if they don't respond, they say the issue is resolved. It is not in any way "resolved". Please bring back asap.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. change highlight color

Add the ability to change the pre-defined colors for the highlight tool. Having to highlight first, than go and change the properties of the highlighted text just to replace Adobes forced colors wastes a lot of time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. stamps custom calculation

Hello,

I tried to add a custom calculation script to my stamps (via form editing), but it always fails. (Also in Acrobat 11.0.23)

This is a serious bug!

Please have a look to the videos. (DC Version is 19.010.20098)

I could do it in Acrobat 10.1.16

When there's already some script in there, DC is able to edit it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add selection tool for selecting all comments on each page in bulk

Add selection tool for selecting all comments on each page in bulk. In addition, add the rotate comment tools by selecting all comments.

This is required while shifting comments from Old PDF document to New PDF document with major change in sheets/ orientation etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base