Acrobat for Windows and Mac

Help us improve Adobe Acrobat for Windows and Mac by sharing your feedback. Follow the instructions below to submit a feature request or bug report.

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. If your submission is not a product feature, suggestion or product question, it may be removed. Only upload content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (home address, phone number, email address, serial number, or credit card information). Spam, content that promotes illegal activity, vulgar or abusive language, or fraudulent or phishing links are not allowed on this platform.

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. The Adobe Acrobat DC team regularly reviews ideas and incorporates them into product planning discussions. We can’t guarantee specific features or development timelines, but we read every suggestion and respond where we can. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and if you provide feedback, you give Adobe the right to use it without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Support Community for Acrobat.

If you are still using Acrobat 11.x or other older versions, please note that those are no more supported by Adobe. Try out the latest, Acrobat DC.
In case your concern is not addressed in the latest version, please report the issue against Acrobat DC.

Please provide the following information. You can post a new idea or search for ideas already submitted.

How it works:

• Selectthe feedback forum for your product.
  • Browseideas and vote for the ones you like.
  • You may also post a comment for the idea.
  • Ifyour feature idea or issue is not listed, post it.
  • In order to get subscribed to an item for any updates from Adobe, you must vote for it and click the subscribe button.

For a new feature request:

1. Brief title
  2. Description of desired feature
  3. Why the feature is needed

For a new bug:

1. Brief title
  2. Steps to reproduce the issue
  3. Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
  4. Expected result
  5. Observed result

Need support? Please visit Learn and Support to get started, find quick answers, engage with our vibrant community, and connect with Adobe staff.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free hand pen marking ??

Why there is no button for "free hand pen marking" !!
    Only there is a button for "Highlight pen" and you can't even change it's size of color !!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Continuous Highlighting

Please bring back continuous highlighting (you do not have to click the highlight button for each individual highlight).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. View redaction overlay text in comments

Bring back the ability to view redaction codes/overlay text in the comments without having to hover mouse over the redactions in document

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Comments 'check boxes' saving/showing for other users viewing PDF file

When 'ticking off' comments that have been actioned on a PDF, when saved, those ticked check boxes don't show if someone else opens the PDF.

Please can the check box state be saved also, so all users can see what has been actioned (and save us all a lot of time going over amends!)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I u

I read ebooks always and use highlighter tool to highlight uding different colors.   I want the color palette to remain open always when I do.
    so that choosing different colors will be easy

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

Copy/paste of comments between documents does not paste the coments in the new document at the same coordinates.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Default sizing on text boxes

Allow you to select a default size on your text boxes so that you do not have to manually resize every time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keyboard Shorcuts for Set Status

It would be incredibly useful to be able to set keyboard shortcuts for the "Set Status: None, Accepted, Completed, Cancelled, and Rejected" commenting tools.

Set status, to me is an advanced feature used to enable more efficient workflows, adding keyboard shortcuts would add even more efficiency.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. stamps custom calculation

Hello,

I tried to add a custom calculation script to my stamps (via form editing), but it always fails. (Also in Acrobat 11.0.23)

This is a serious bug!

Please have a look to the videos. (DC Version is 19.010.20098)

I could do it in Acrobat 10.1.16

When there's already some script in there, DC is able to edit it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Big: Filter status not working as intended

When filtering comments by ‘completed’ and then actually selecting a comment as having become ‘completed’ it is not removed from the list of visible comments. You need to go to filters, turn it off and back on again to clear the ‘completed’ comments. Very frustrating. It’s worked as intended before this latest update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Highlighter

Make Highlighter tool more versitile.
    Different colors, transparancy levels, and .pt sizes please!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Need Info  ·  3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Macbook Pro

Can't filter comments. Locks up. Need to force quit. Tried everything. Macbook Pro

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Comment Tools / Custom Tools

I would like to be able to lock the Comment Tools and/or my personal Custom Tools to the top of the Toolbar so they automatically show up each time you open a .pdf file. I use the Comment Tools quite frequently and it would make it much easier if I don't have to add them each time I open a .pdf file. Also, it seems strange my personal Custom Tools show up on the right side of the file. I would think they would show up on the top Toolbar.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Comment Windows: Display Sticky Note Color

In Acrobat 9, the "comments" window displayed the COLOR of the corresponding sticky note (there was a small sticky note icon in each window that showed the color of the corresponding note).It was possible to quickly view and navigate to related pages/sections of the PDF even if the page was not directly viewable; I could quickly scan for all comments that were associated with a RED sticky note, or a BLUE one, etc, by simply scrolling through the comments -- it was not necessary to view the actual page of the PDF to check the color of the sticky note.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Acrobat crashes frequently when using highlighter on large scanned PDF

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    Open a large scanned PDF, use the highlighter for several times until the bug happens, which when I'm moving the highlighter across scanned texts Acrobat stop responding, and sometimes there's a large transparent window found by Spy++ on top of other windows.

Environment (OS, other related application versions, etc.)
    Windows 10 Version 1709 Build 16299.309
    Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Continuous Release Version 2018.011.20038

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Commenting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow Properties Bar to modify Comment - Add Text objects

Allow/Enable the Properties of an 'Add Text' Comment to include 'Appearance' modifiers. e.g., opacity. Similar in function to the 'Add Text Box' Comment objects.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dynamic Date Stamp and Date Time Stamp

Some Forms (IRS) restrict areas of the document where you can enter information. This can be helpful, except when you need to sign and date the form after you have filled it in. For some reason the "date" part of the form will not accept text from "Fill and Sign", but it will accept a stamp. All of the default dynamic stamps in Acrobat have additional, un-needed text like "Approved', etc.

Please add two dynamic stamps that have ONLY 1) the Date and 2) Date and Time without any additional verbage so that the user can quickly sign AND date…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wildcard searches within documents

After trying to search for names in a 2000+ page PDF document, I discovered that wildcard searches are only available at the folder level, not the document level. In this particular case, the names might or might not include a middle initial so a basic First*Last search is critical. This is old technology that needs to be brought back. We included wildcard searches of documents 35 years ago in software - but they seem to have vanished. It isn't difficult to write the code and test it - especially since Adobe already does it for collections of documents. It just…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. add comment shortcut on the toolbar

Add "VIEW COMMENTS" shortcut to toolbar?
    - Is this gone? I can't seem to find where to add it PERMANENTLY.
    - We use Acrobat for proofing and I have to reopen the "view comments" on EVERY FILE our to see any corrections listed in the comment boxes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?
Become an Acrobat Insider

Help shape the future of Acrobat.

Join the Adobe Document Cloud and Acrobat beta to get early access, try our “yet to be released” features and give us feedback. Let us know if you are interested by filling up this short form.

Feedback and Knowledge Base